Hey Everyone,

This just occured to me, but I haven't been able to find ANY details about the PlayBook Demo video details.

I was just interested to know the file properties

All the download links have been removed, so I can't simply download it to my computer and check it from there.

Reason for this is It'd give me a decent benchmark to gauge what settings I should use for converting HD content to the PlayBook.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks again everyone
    05-29-12 08:48 PM
    Hi! Can't re-upload right now, but here's what VLC says about the PlayBook Hh-Def demo (the original 3 minutes one)
    kennyliu likes this.
    05-29-12 09:25 PM
    I am not sure if this version is representative of the REAL video which seems hard to copy: (I'm not sure if this is the full-length one or not. I had that at one time and it would be nice to get it again if the prior poster can share it somehow)
    Last edited by F2; 05-29-12 at 09:30 PM.
    05-29-12 09:28 PM
    Hey Everyone,

This just occured to me, but I haven't been able to find ANY details about the PlayBook Demo video details.

I was just interested to know the file properties

All the download links have been removed, so I can't simply download it to my computer and check it from there.

Reason for this is It'd give me a decent benchmark to gauge what settings I should use for converting HD content to the PlayBook.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks again everyone
    Unless you are projecting to an HDTV, there is no reason to replicate the demo video's resolution. It will be downscaled on your PB screen while taking up to much space. Just a thought.
    05-29-12 09:31 PM
    Just to complete, it's probably largely oversized, but it sure looks cool on big screen! :

Duration : 3:00
    Size : 197 MB (202 655 KB)

Surely oversized for audio : bitrate > CD!!!. Don't know for video, but it seems clearly overkill for a film. I've watched 600-700 MB movies of around 2 hours!!! Sure, it was ugly and overcompressed, but...

Another angle : you could have a look at YouTube, or better Vimeo standards to have a reasonable compromise between image quality and file size.

Don't take it as a final word, but I've read that 720 pixels high is already "good" HD, and ancient DVD where around 480 pixels high, and were no SO bad after all...

And you might compromise on sound if you're not too picky. Most people won't detect degradation on a good 128 kbps stereo stream, on a standard consumer system.

Just some ideas, my 0,02!

By the way, any service where I could upload this video, ideally without registration?
    05-29-12 09:40 PM
    Oups, sorry double post!
    05-29-12 09:43 PM
    OK, I've signed on mediafire. Uploading now, 25 min to go. Gotta learn how to share the link, and I'll be back.
    05-29-12 09:57 PM
    Here we are:

pb_hidef_demo.mp4

Many thanks to the original uploader, here on Crackberry, around end of february.

Going from memory, he used a 2-step process, copying and renaming on the PB, then accessing this from his PC (didn't understood how he did it, but it was extracted from his PB by some clever voodoo way above my head!). Couldn't find his name tonight, but many thanks, and my time to finally give a little back.

Crackberry is THE source, many thanks to all in this community, I've learned so much here (2 PB, 1 exchanged the first day cause bad pixel, the 2nd exchanged twice by RMA, long story, wouldn't have gone through without you!)

Enjoy the video! (It's the first one, 3 min. long, the new one you can get back by "debrick" update via DM is shorter, 2:04 from memory)
    diegonei and Saleen3588 like this.
    05-29-12 10:35 PM
    I uploaded the original video here

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...d-link-630258/

Thread #11 has the steps, renaming and moving steps were probably not required.
    Saleen3588 likes this.
    05-29-12 10:44 PM
    HA! Many thanks z_scorpio_z!

That was you, the clever guy knowing cygwin and how to use it: that was the part way over my head!

Thanks for spreading the link, don't know if there are limits on mediafire, but I've tested it, and for now, download works.
    z_scorpio_z likes this.
    05-29-12 11:02 PM
    Hello friends,
    Just now I completed the debrik process successfully. And.........finally........I got a fresh copy of all original factory settings in which that superb HD demo video is there as it was.
    Thanks to all supporters.
    procedure is as below.
    1. First I opened desktop manager on PC
    2. Connected the tablet with PC via USB cable.
    3. Taken the back-up of tablet from desktop manager menu
    4. Disconnected the tablet directly keeping desktop manager on PC screen as it is.
    5. Then pressed power button of tablet until it goes off forcefully. It took 5 to 6 seconds.
    6. Then after 10 minutes, reconnected the tablet with PC via USB cable keeping tablet OFF as it is.
    7. There one message appeared on PC screen with 3 options.
    8. I chosen update option immediately.
    9. Then after a moment it redirects for switching on the tablet until it goes ON. Only one indicator beside front camera glows green.
    10. And it starts loading original settings one by one slowly. It takes half an hour.
    11. Then tablet switches ON automatically.
    Now original tablet is ready for use after some initial set up. It takes only 5 minutes.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-02-13 06:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD