So ever since my Z10 and now Z30 my PlayBook rarely gets used. It's been sitting idle on the charging dock for weeks maybe months. Well tonight I came to my room and noticed it was on lock screen. Surprisingly because it hasn't been touched in a while. So I went to look at it and a 2 was scrolling across the password field all by itself and was at 6/10 tries. I couldn't stop it. Finally I held the power button till it said restart. So I restarted it. When it booted up same think 2222222222222 automatically. But now says type BlackBerry to continue. Now I don't want to wipe it. But it won't let me do anything. Can't type or stop it. So I tried to do a hard reset by all buttons and that didn't work. The screen went black with the message glow in the top left corner. It's like it's frozen like that. I can't do anything. I have tried hard boot. But that don't work either. I can hold then for 20 min if I wanted to.
    What can u do. Pls help.
    Keith

Posted via CB10
    12-07-13 08:02 PM
    So ever since my Z10 and now Z30 my PlayBook rarely gets used. It's been sitting idle on the charging dock for weeks maybe months. Well tonight I came to my room and noticed it was on lock screen. Surprisingly because it hasn't been touched in a while. So I went to look at it and a 2 was scrolling across the password field all by itself and was at 6/10 tries. I couldn't stop it. Finally I held the power button till it said restart. So I restarted it. When it booted up same think 2222222222222 automatically. But now says type BlackBerry to continue. Now I don't want to wipe it. But it won't let me do anything. Can't type or stop it. So I tried to do a hard reset by all buttons and that didn't work. The screen went black with the message glow in the top left corner. It's like it's frozen like that. I can't do anything. I have tried hard boot. But that don't work either. I can hold then for 20 min if I wanted to.
    What can u do. Pls help.
    Keith

Posted via CB10
    sounds crazy,,, fire up desk top manager & plug your pb into the pc via usb,,, see if that helps,,, you might have to reload os...
    12-07-13 09:03 PM
    Now I don't have a problem doing that. I just don't want to loose everything

Posted via CB10
    12-08-13 03:47 PM
    My concern is that it still says 6 of 10 tries but asking to type BlackBerry to continue. I know with all other BlackBerry phones as soon as I type BlackBerry "wiped"

Posted via CB10
    12-08-13 04:17 PM
    My concern is that it still says 6 of 10 tries but asking to type BlackBerry to continue. I know with all other BlackBerry phones as soon as I type BlackBerry "wiped"

Posted via CB10
    If you plug it into your computer, you may be able to back it up before wiping.

Posted via CB10
    12-09-13 03:29 AM