When connecting the Playbook to an HDTV via HDMI, with the picture on the TV true 1080p or is it merely the Playbook's 1024x600 stretched out to 1080. Here is my scenario. I want to present a slideshow of photos to a client on a large HDTV. I thought I would like to use the Playbook connected via HDMI. I've exported the photos to HD resolution, but I'm wondering, when I connect the Playbook to the TV, am I going to see the photos in their full 1080 resolution, or in the playbook's native resolution blown up to 1080? I don't want to go out and buy a micro HDMI cable if I'm going to have to burn a DVD of the photos and use a Bluray player in the end...
    11-14-12 10:07 AM
    Fairly certain the output is true 1080P. On my led LG, the picture looks as good as my HD channels.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    11-14-12 10:08 AM
    I'm with ^ on this, I'm pretty sure its true 1080p
    11-14-12 10:12 AM
    1024x600 is the resolution of the playbook screen, not of the video output. So yes. it is a true HD output. or they will not bother to put an HDMI port. just a composite and/or an S-video output.
    11-14-12 10:16 AM
    Prepare to be amazed when you hook it up to TV.
    11-14-12 05:51 PM
    True 1080p for sure. A bit of fiddling with the settings to make a perfect match with your tv may be needed though.

But just rent a movie in Video Store and play it over HDMI... Ohhh boy!...
    lockedtight likes this.
    11-14-12 06:40 PM
    It's not simply stretched, which is easy to tell if you search Google images for "1080p test image" and grab one of the better ones. The only important thing to remember is that you have to toggle the display to turn OFF "mirror mode", which is just showing the 1024x600 display stretched. You may even have to go into your Settings and adjust the HDMI setting for best effect, not to mention possibly the zoom/scaling on your TV.

Not all photo viewers are going to support the "presentation mode", but the system Pictures app does so if you're just planning to use that you should be fine. The control for the mode is the icon in the upper right corner... tap on it, and you should see a change in what's displayed on the TV, and you can then even minimize the pictures app while it still controls what's on the HDMI output, switching to other tasks (e.g. to read your notes).
    sputneek likes this.
    11-14-12 07:28 PM
    Special thanks to Peter9477 for the tips on "presentation mode". I thought you were all crazy there for a sec (cause when I first plugged it in it looked like crap as it was obviously just stretching the PB resolution) but you were all right, in presentation mode it's looks great! I especially like how I can swipe down to see what what the next photo is without my audience seeing it. Thanks everyone!!
    FF22 and 00stryder like this.
    11-16-12 08:23 PM