I'm having problems with my PlayBook since the update: it runs out of power in 6 hours now, it's lost email, it "forgets" how to login to my email frequently. Strange things. When it did the update it didn't do a backup, so I lost all my data ... that was annoying. All the email on my Playbook was wiped out. Can't restore it either. I'm doing a full restore from September, prior to the update to see if I can get back my PlayBook.

Has anyone else had these problems? Was there a change in the OS that uses more power? It never had to be charge three times a day before.
    Perplexed and frustrated!
    rleo25 likes this.
    10-14-12 11:46 AM
    No problems or data loss here. Just a faster PB with a longer battery life. Maybe it's a battery issue?
    10-14-12 01:13 PM
    You lost everything on your pb when you updated? Did you update thru DM and possibly do a debrick rather than just an update? My battery is about the same if not better since the update and the only thing I lost was my Facebook calendar (and a lot of others did as well ). Hope you're able to get everything loaded back on again.
    TaggerWear likes this.
    10-14-12 01:31 PM
    My PB is turning off all of a sudden... Without further noticias.... This is happening since last update. How can I fix this "timer" issue?
    10-14-12 06:33 PM
    This is a great feature to save work to date! I appreciate auto shutoff.
    10-14-12 07:57 PM
    I had a similar issue with my pb after the update, huge reduction in battery life.

I managed to fix the problem by holding the power button and the volume buttons (up and down) until the pb rebooted, and continued to hold them for a few seconds after it shut down. I then immediately put the playbook on the quick charge dock and left it to charge for the night. Haven't had a problem with battery life since.
    10-14-12 08:59 PM
    i have been having battery issues also since the update. i had played around with side-loading apps, so to make sure that wasnt an issue, i deleted them all. did a back-up through DM and did a security wipe last night. it update to the newest version and i am still having the same issues. my playbook would go 4 or 5 days before and now i am charging everyday. i will try the power and volume reboot to see if that helps any.
    TaggerWear likes this.
    10-14-12 09:26 PM
    I don't know. It's possible. When I plugged in my PB the desktop launched and told me there was an update. I said continue... I'm not used to PB updates doing strange things... that's the purview of Windows.... I was surprised that it did not back up my PB first... that should have been my first clue. The sudden loss of power is perplexing to me. I've checked the power managements features and reduced everything. I reloaded an old backup and got everything back.
    10-21-12 10:57 AM
    Thanks! I will try this, as soon as it's finished the backup!
    10-21-12 10:59 AM