Playbook hard reset itself, for no obvious reason....
I have been using my Playbook for months now with lots of pleasure. Especially since OS 2.1 which appears to be quite stable.
Today, I went for shopping and as often, I put my Playbook on the fast charging dock.
When I picked it up later on tonight, little finger slides to wake it and ... puffff .... reboot. So far I was not so worried and just told me "ok, let it reboot and put it back on the dock".
However, when I picked it up later on (the boot is quite slow as everyone knows...), it asked me for my details, wifi password and bridge connection, timezone, blablabla and it is now downloading the latest OS (188.8.131.52.14).
I hope my tablet has not done a full wipe ! I also hope that I will be able to reinstall all my paid app thanks to Blackberry ID....
Let's see after the download/upgrade of the software.
- CrackBerry User
02-10-2013, 12:11 AM #4
- 53 Posts
PlayBook powered itself
On Friday as I was reading the news as usual during my lunch I use my playbook and suddenly it shut itself down, for no reason, I didn't loose anything except now it asks me for my yahoo password every few minutes...
- 02-11-2013, 04:59 AM #6Drive A: format failure, formatting C: instead...
My phone history
Nokia 1112 > Nokia 7210 Supernova > Nokia 1616 > Nokia X6 > BB 8830 (office) > BB 9650 > BB 9780 (and loving this one!! )
Plus a 64GB PB
- CrackBerry User
02-11-2013, 07:48 AM #8
- 19 Posts
Exactly the same thing happened to me, removed PB from dock and after swiping noticed that it was doing a first time start up.. Lost everything.. It was as if I had wiped it... Which I had done two weeks prior..... . Would like to know the cause of this,don't want it to happen again..
- By PapaSean in forum BlackBerry Tour 9630Replies: 8Last Post: 01-22-2014, 03:49 AM
- By sfogle in forum BlackBerry Tour 9630Replies: 2Last Post: 01-19-2010, 03:09 PM
- By ginger24 in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 1Last Post: 12-16-2009, 11:01 AM
- By ljracca in forum Desktop SoftwareReplies: 1Last Post: 11-14-2009, 12:41 AM
- By kritzman in forum BlackBerry StormReplies: 1Last Post: 10-27-2009, 03:15 PM