CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Angry Playbook hard reset itself, for no obvious reason....

Hi Fellows,

I have been using my Playbook for months now with lots of pleasure. Especially since OS 2.1 which appears to be quite stable.

Today, I went for shopping and as often, I put my Playbook on the fast charging dock.
    When I picked it up later on tonight, little finger slides to wake it and ... puffff .... reboot. So far I was not so worried and just told me "ok, let it reboot and put it back on the dock".
    However, when I picked it up later on (the boot is quite slow as everyone knows...), it asked me for my details, wifi password and bridge connection, timezone, blablabla and it is now downloading the latest OS (2.1.0.13.14).

I hope my tablet has not done a full wipe ! I also hope that I will be able to reinstall all my paid app thanks to Blackberry ID....

Let's see after the download/upgrade of the software.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #2  

So I confirm that I lost everything stored on the Playbook : Movies, Pictures and apps.

I am now reinstalling all the apps. The only appreciable thing is that with Blackberry ID I don't have to repay the apps.
    CrackBerry Genius

Did you have a password on your PB? Sounds like someone tied to guess your password too many times and missed.
    CrackBerry User

Default PlayBook powered itself

On Friday as I was reading the news as usual during my lunch I use my playbook and suddenly it shut itself down, for no reason, I didn't loose anything except now it asks me for my yahoo password every few minutes...
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Quote Originally Posted by pacoman03 View Post
    Did you have a password on your PB? Sounds like someone tied to guess your password too many times and missed.
    I do have a password on my PlayBook but it is only my girlfriend and I here and she told me that she didn't try anything, so I trust her

Really, really strange...

And exactly 1 year, day for day, after I bought it.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Ask me!

Quote Originally Posted by polytan02 View Post
    I do have a password on my PlayBook but it is only my girlfriend and I here and she told me that she didn't try anything, so I trust her

Really, really strange...

And exactly 1 year, day for day, after I bought it.
    Okay.. now you've effectively scared the living daylights out of me.. ..

In all seriousness, i suggest you run an undelete software or something, you might be able to get something out of it.. all the best
    Drive A: format failure, formatting C: instead...

My phone history

Nokia 1112 > Nokia 7210 Supernova > Nokia 1616 > Nokia X6 > BB 8830 (office) > BB 9650 > BB 9780 (and loving this one!! )

Plus a 64GB
    PB
    CrackBerry Genius

How much free memory? Were you close to filling it?
    CrackBerry User

Exactly the same thing happened to me, removed PB from dock and after swiping noticed that it was doing a first time start up.. Lost everything.. It was as if I had wiped it... Which I had done two weeks prior..... . Would like to know the cause of this,don't want it to happen again..