ok... this might be a pointless thread, but I'd like to share my experience:

I accidentally knocked my playbook to the ground (hard floor, not carpet). The sound of the drop was pretty loud and I swore it scared the *&^*()*_ out of me!!!! Plus, my playbook was naked cause i took off the convertible case cause it was too bulky. I picked up the playbook and turned it all around inspecting for any scratches or damage. NOTHING. I was like... helllllllllll no, it didn't damage the playbook at all? I actually doubted that my playbook was fine, but good thing it is! WOW. The amazing speakers still works fine, camera, everything! This is like one of those "I can't believe this!" moments. I would've cried to death if this thing broke. I swear I will take good and extreme care of my playbook from now on!

This experience just forced me to write this thread. ;P
    peter9477 likes this.
    08-03-12 01:23 AM
    Don't know if you're just lucky or if the PB is really strong lol I don't want to find it by myself Eheh

Sent from a old but beautiful BB 8520 or a new and shinny PB 2.0
    08-03-12 01:54 AM
    My son tripped and dropped my PlayBook while we were on vacation. The screen cracked all the way across and it was in an Otterbox. Consider yourself lucky. BTW my PlayBook still works fine.
    ralfyguy likes this.
    08-03-12 03:10 AM
    inside otterbox defender, yet still got a cracked screen?
    Wow...
    what about that youtube clips showing this guy throwing away a playbook in defender case and no crack at all..

my pb is in defender case too.., need to be more careful then...
    08-03-12 04:02 AM
    Oh you mean the PlayBook is a well made device. Yes it is and I know from my own clumsy handling of the device. It is a lot tougher than some of the competition devices.
    08-03-12 03:18 PM
    The playbook is quite well designed. It has a raised bezel around the touch sensitive bezel, makes it hard to break.
    08-03-12 03:24 PM
    My gf has dropped hers a half dozen times... no cracks
    08-03-12 03:32 PM
    I know from personal experience that the PB screen is made of glass, so it can certainly break. There is a ~1mm air gap between the screen and the LCD under it---so even a strong finger push in the center of the screen would be enough to crack it, especially if the glass surface has been microfractured by dust and other common household contaminants.
    08-03-12 03:55 PM
    inside otterbox defender, yet still got a cracked screen?
    Wow...
    what about that youtube clips showing this guy throwing away a playbook in defender case and no crack at all..

my pb is in defender case too.., need to be more careful then...
    I've only seen videos from expos where there are carpets everwhere...
    Anyways, my playbook has dropped a couple times while in the OB defender and hasn't had a single scratch (shield was put on, it's taken the hits on that side)
    08-03-12 04:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD