Since updating to the official OS2, my Playbook often stalls and hangs during boot-up--screen stays with the pretty moving blobs forever, and believe me, I've let it churn for a long time, hoping it would eventually finish booting up. Only cure is to use the volume and on/of buttons to trying booting up again; eventually, one of the times, it will boot up successfully.

I did not have this problem with the Beta OS2. I encountered the problem after updating to the official release of OS2. I did a security wipe and complete re-install of OS2 (I backed up and restored the apps). No luck. Problem is still there.

Does anyone have a solution or some insight as to what specifically is causing this to happen? I'm about ready to give up on the Playbook; much as I appreciate its features, I just can't count on it to work when needed...
    03-24-12 04:28 PM
    Os2 just has a longer boot time. It has something to do with security I've heard
    03-24-12 04:37 PM
    I did an OTA update to OS2 from beta and had some strange happenings.
    When I wiped and reinstalled via DM I didn't backup. I just manually saved any files I couldn't replace.
    I would suggest you try again but without the backup.
    03-24-12 04:38 PM
    I would reinforced install 2.0 using the Desktop Manager.
    03-24-12 06:01 PM
    I've been having the same problem - usually it hangs right after after the animation and I often have to shutdown and reboot 2 or 3 times before I can get past this.. Sometimes the password prompt comes up but not the keyboard and if I bring up the keyboard manually and enter the password it just hangs. I have done a security wipe and reinstalled from DM several times.. Hopefully fixing this and the browser crashes are priority 1 for the next update..
    03-24-12 06:18 PM
    I've been having the same problem - usually it hangs right after after the animation and I often have to shutdown and reboot 2 or 3 times before I can get past this.. Sometimes the password prompt comes up but not the keyboard and if I bring up the keyboard manually and enter the password it just hangs. I have done a security wipe and reinstalled from DM several times.. Hopefully fixing this and the browser crashes are priority 1 for the next update..
    I'd have to say that something is wrong. Are you RESTORING after the Debrick? If so, you may have some bad data or bad app or some setting that is bollixed up.

I'm probably just up or down the street from you - Greenlake F2!!!
    03-24-12 07:03 PM
    No I don't restore anything since I want a clean slate.. I am hoping that its not a hardware problem but I guess it could be since I have never seen this happen on my gf's playbook and this one has been somewhat problematic from the start (the OS 2 update process failed the first time I ran it on this one but it worked on hers).. But also I think she doesn't use it as much as I do so maybe she just hasn't run into it yet...

Yeah sounds like you're close by - I am in Ballard but drive by Greenlake all the time..
    03-24-12 08:52 PM
    Well, at least I'm not alone. I don't think it is a hardware issue, as with Beta OS2, I did not experience these hangs. When I did the security wipe and re-install of OS2 I did use DM to backup/restore the apps (it worked for the QNX apps, but I had to re-side-load the Android apps). Maybe I'll try again without restoring any apps, as suggested above, and see if I have better luck. Meanwhile, I'm thinking RIM should rush out another version of OS2 with a few bug fixes--or, let me go back to Beta OS2...
    03-27-12 05:06 PM
    I had a similar problem with my wife's playbook. Turns out that if you put all your programs into folders it can cause this issue. Also something about placing folders on the quick launch bar will cause this possibly too. I have not had this happen since I asked her not to do this anymore..
    03-27-12 05:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD