Anyone bring their PB to the gym?
    12-14-11 10:13 PM
    Yup. Place mine on the treadmill or elliptical, start up a stream of Family Guy or something, then do my run. Helps pass the time. I've also used Sheets To Go to log weights and reps, etc.
    flash24 likes this.
    12-14-11 10:15 PM
    Brought mine to the gym the other day for the first time...

played a cooking show while on the treadmill...big mistake.....the PB screen was high def, the food dishes looked so real on PB screen, felt hungry, cut short my gym time and left to pick up a couple of burgers at MacDonalds... will not do it again
    12-14-11 11:08 PM
    Yup, because of extreme portability my PlayBook goes everywhere with me, including the gym. The size of this tablet inspired my purchase....GOOD things come in little packages
    12-14-11 11:20 PM
    Yup. Place mine on the treadmill or elliptical, start up a stream of Family Guy or something, then do my run. Helps pass the time. I've also used Sheets To Go to log weights and reps, etc.
    Never really thought to do this.. thanks for the ideas!

Has anyone tried out the TV Hat for the Playbook yet?
    12-14-11 11:39 PM
    yes. to record and watch back my form during squatting. its funny to see the others wondering what im doing.
    12-14-11 11:46 PM

I just clicked the TV Hat link and at first thought it was a fake commercial like something from the old Man Show....haha Other than looking like a total ***** it's a cool concept.
    12-14-11 11:56 PM
    I just clicked the TV Hat link and at first thought it was a fake commercial like something from the old Man Show....haha Other than looking like a total ***** it's a cool concept.
    I actually first saw it on TV and had the same reaction. I couldn't believe someone would actually get away with trying to sell something like this.. And I also miss the Man Show!
    12-15-11 12:04 AM

No. Just... no.
    12-15-11 01:07 AM
    yes!! I actually watch P90X on it.
    12-15-11 01:11 AM
    i bring it to the gym.
    i use it as my music player when im on the bike/treadmill/ellipitical

i also have read my chapter notes on it when im really pressed for time

the pb rocks!
    12-15-11 01:12 AM
    Brought mine to the gym the other day for the first time...

played a cooking show while on the treadmill...big mistake.....the PB screen was high def, the food dishes looked so real on PB screen, felt hungry, cut short my gym time and left to pick up a couple of burgers at MacDonalds... will not do it again
    i lol'd

10 char
    12-15-11 03:40 AM
    That TV Hat gave me a good laugh this morning, especially when they showed the husband and wife kissing goodnight then the husband proceeding to use the tv hat :P
    12-15-11 06:07 AM
    Watch movies on treadmill or bike, just finished Straw Dogs, good movie.
    12-15-11 06:28 AM
    I usually bring it with me if I plan on hitting the bike. I'm waiting/hoping for the Gym Tecknik app so I can track my workouts on my PlayBook versus using my Torch.
    CDM76 and Spinalguy like this.
    12-15-11 07:53 AM
    Being wired (no a2dp) would tend to make me avoid using the pb at the gym. I could see forgetting and yanking the whole thing as I moved the wrong way.
    12-15-11 09:27 AM
    I've watched Amazon prime video while running on the treadmill. Sweet.
    12-15-11 08:17 PM
    Wondering those who are viewing PB while tread milling in the gym, how do you usually secure the PB to prevent the vibration of the exercise machine from knocking the PB to the floor. Depending on the type of tread mill, ours are entry level treadmill that vibrate a fair bit while jogging on it

Any ideas?
    12-15-11 09:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD