Having to return my playbook. It has a mind of it's own. I can leave it on the desk and it will open and close apps by itself and won't respond to hand gestures. I reinstalled the software numerous times and it will work for a little while then back to doing things on its own. Watched it open the word processor and start typing.

Bummed out, hopefully RIM can figure it out and get it back to me in a timely fashion.
    07-14-11 08:16 AM
    What was it typing?
    07-14-11 08:26 AM
    Redrum, redrum, redrum
    07-14-11 08:29 AM
    All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy...All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy...All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy...All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy...All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy...All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy...All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy...All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy...All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy...All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy...All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy...

Sorry, I couldn't help myself there. Definitely sounds like you have some gremlins there.
    07-14-11 08:33 AM
    Having to return my playbook. It has a mind of it's own. I can leave it on the desk and it will open and close apps by itself and won't respond to hand gestures. I reinstalled the software numerous times and it will work for a little while then back to doing things on its own. Watched it open the word processor and start typing.

Bummed out, hopefully RIM can figure it out and get it back to me in a timely fashion.
    Have you tried only using this in one area, or have you tried using it in a lot of different areas with some real geographic separation? Reason I ask is that strong EM fields will cause a capacitive screen to go nuts. There is a thread showing a playbook going nuts next to a Tesla coil. If it is doing it everywhere then definitely an issue, if you haven't tried it but only one place you could have something generating a high EM field.
    07-14-11 08:42 AM
    Besides the tesla coil thread, there's some discussion (I don't recall where), that using some electric sockets can also cause the issue - wrongly grounded, perhaps. Try a different source for adapter power.
    07-14-11 09:19 AM
    I had that happen one when I placed my BB phone next to the PB..

Tim
    07-14-11 09:22 AM
    as has been mentioned the screen goes crazy when next to electromagnetic fields.

my playbook goes insane if i accidentally put in on my laptop adapter's cable.
    i also have the problem when the playbook is charging. at a much less extent, it wont press any buttons or open anything apps, but screen sensitivity goes out, certain areas on the screen work fine others become non-responsive. so i cant use my playbook while charging. luckily it has long battery life and that makes it a smaller problem.
    07-14-11 09:22 AM
    no beer and no tv make Homer somethin somethin
    therapyreject174 and rage763 like this.
    07-14-11 12:55 PM
    it was doing too much work.. needed to send it to the playbook psychologist to get its mind fixed up :P
    07-14-11 03:19 PM
    As long as a wet, black haired girl doesn't try to climb out of it and kill you, I think you are okay. Take a picture of yourself and see if your face is scrambled. If it is, your screwed.

And you wonder why some people can't find the PB demo video. There never was one... muahahahahahaaaahahahaaaaaaa.... Don't answer the phone for a while.
    07-14-11 04:24 PM
    As long as a wet, black haired girl doesn't try to climb out of it and kill you, I think you are okay.
    Also look out for the phone call where the creepy, strained voice says "Seven days!" and hangs up.
    07-14-11 04:41 PM
    do you believe in paranormal activity?...
    07-14-11 05:00 PM
    Must have fed it after midnight.
    07-14-11 06:19 PM
    And it's true they do not like water...........
    07-14-11 06:26 PM
    who you gonna call?
    07-14-11 06:31 PM
    It does it no matter where I put it, whether it is plugged in or not, and away from all other devices.
    07-14-11 07:49 PM
    So, what does it type?????
    07-14-11 07:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD