Been thinking about selling my playbook....

Love my playbook from day 1 I brought, be able to "bridge" with BB phone until 2 weeks ago. My company decided to disable all BB bluetooth ports connection because the "bridge" is not fully tested and blah blah...

Now, I only use my playbook for simply gaming, check email and web surfing at starbucks. Wish we have kindle app for playbook, at least I can use it as an expensive piece of e-reader. But I think it's not worth the money to keep it just for web surfing. Mainly because of the lack of bridging functionality w/ my BB phone, selling it is my only option. Maybe I will re-purchase the playbook in the future (at least with kindle support).
    07-05-11 10:21 PM
    That blows. Ironic that the design of the bridging means it should not need testing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-05-11 10:40 PM
    Sorry to hear that! I use my Blackberry for work but its my own phone. If my work turned around and did that to me......I dont know what i would do. Can you get a different blackberry and put your sim card in the new phone??

I dont know too much about blackberry's so please forgive my ignorance, its just an idea.

good luck!!!!
    07-05-11 10:43 PM
    oh that would make me so angry, thank god I'm not under those kind of restrictions.
    07-05-11 10:53 PM
    I guess you need a new personal cell. May i suggest a Bold 9900?
    07-05-11 11:11 PM
    07-05-11 11:56 PM
    Your company needs to retrain the IT Dept.
    Not only Bridge is very secure, once the bridge is off, all the data is lost too in PB. So there is no way to access the data once the bridge is disconnected.
    Better stick to it for a while if your company intended to test it anyway, or sell it and wait for the 4G/LTE/HSPA+ model.
    07-06-11 02:14 AM
    Sorry to hear that about your company and their lack of knowledge concerning the PlayBook Bridge. There all kinds of deals on Blackberry phones, from refurbished to brand new, I don't like the idea of carrying two phones, but with the investment of the PlayBook I might have to if my situation was like yours. I guess you can't use a bluetooth ear piece either, that would be hard for me to do considering how much time I spend on the phone. It might be time to invest in your OWN Blackberry phone!
    Last edited by spencerdl; 07-06-11 at 08:55 AM.
    07-06-11 08:53 AM
    Thanks all. getting a new/refurb bb and pop in the sim card will not work, because all traffic still get route thru company's server (sound unusual, but that's how it works at my company). In terms of technology-wise, my company is like decade behind as they are still testing ipad1. when I first heard that they were to disable all bluetooth pairing with BB phone, knew it's the end of my playbook.
    Have checked out the price of playbook on ebay and craigslist, doesn't seem have decent resell value...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-06-11 12:48 PM
    Your company needs to retrain the IT Dept.
    Not only Bridge is very secure, once the bridge is off, all the data is lost too in PB. So there is no way to access the data once the bridge is disconnected.
    Better stick to it for a while if your company intended to test it anyway, or sell it and wait for the 4G/LTE/HSPA+ model.
    Extactly. It more of a Citrix session that doesn't allow you to copy and paste.
    07-06-11 12:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD