HP and BlackBerry abandon in-house tablet ecosystems | TechRepublic

Just purchased a Playbook to have with my new Z10. This sure doesn't do much for customer loyality.
    05-28-13 03:56 PM
    I wouldn't worry too much about that article. At lease some BB10 functionality (if not BB10 entirely) will be coming to the PlayBook - TH said it himself, and has not redacted his statement. They are currently focusing on their new hardware/software getting to market in all regions (Q still hasn't released in the States after all) and I believe once this happens, a bit more time will be allotted to bringing some of this functionality to the PB. Just given the current state of the Bridge between PB and BB10, I know there's at least one more update coming - they would not provide functionality in OS7 (text, etc) and then strip it away with the new hardware and leave us hanging. Something is coming (IMHO).
    05-28-13 04:29 PM
    HP and BlackBerry abandon in-house tablet ecosystems | TechRepublic

Just purchased a Playbook to have with my new Z10. This sure doesn't do much for customer loyality.
    Hi and Welcome to Crackberry!
    Before buying a new piece of electronic equipment, it always pays to read a little. We have a very active PlayBook forum that might answer some of your questions. I too have a PB from a few years ago and since I got my Zed10 I don't even use it. Good thing because I guess the bridging software is not ready for PrimeTime.

Head over to the PB forums to see what people are saying and to ask for some advice. They are a very friendly bunch over there!!! http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...k-forums-f242/

Enjoy your stay here at CrackBerry!
    05-28-13 04:31 PM
    I think it's obvious, at this point, that BlackBerry is redoubling its efforts on smartphones. And as a PlayBook owner, I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing.

I'm okay with the PlayBook being BlackBerry's first and last tablet if they learn from their failure and use what they've learned to improve their future products.

I'd probably be more upset if I had bought a PlayBook on release day at full price, but I never, ever do that for any product. I prefer waiting until the product has seen some real-world usage so I can read what people are saying about a device before I'll even consider purchasing it.

I got my 64 GB PlayBook 2 weeks ago and, for what I paid, I am extremely pleased with it. If it never gets another OS update, it will still have been worth it to me.
    05-28-13 04:35 PM
    I love my PlayBook and use it daily - with or without BB10 it's a great tablet, and paired with my Bold 9900 does exactly what I could ask for and more. I bought close to their launch and been through all the updates, and while I get the whole "We were promised BB10!" angst, I still use it as my primary tablet.

I also own a first-generation iPad (now strictly used by my kids) and an HP Touchpad bought on an auction site that I've dual-booted with Android (to play around with.) I still grab the PlayBook first for daily use, work trips, and any other 'portable' computing tasks. The size and functions just work for me, and I have no complaints.

Maybe I'm stuck in the past, but for what my 9900/PlayBook combo offers me, I'm quite happy. Yes, I'd love a Q10 and a BB10 PlayBook update, but I'm not going to wreck the bank and/or ditch what works for me.
    anon(6038817) likes this.
    05-28-13 11:38 PM
    Good article. Thanks
    05-29-13 10:48 AM