I've encountered it quite a lot of times since I got my PlayBook on its release that it gets slow when I put a lot of photos on it. It has happened again now that I've put about 800 new photos on it.
    And it's not just the gallery that gets slow, it's the whole system. It's most obvious when clicking on notifications or any of the other symbols in the status bar. It can sometimes take up to 5 seconds for the pop-up to show. What makes this matter really bad is that deleting the images won't bring the performance back. The only thing that has helped me in this case is a security wipe.

Has anyone of you encountered this problem?
    It's probably related to the media library mmlibrary.db in playbook:/accounts/1000/db. I guess that some media indexer that works in the background hangs up and doesn't recover.
    My mmlibrary.db is currently 109MB big. How about yours?
    07-16-12 06:07 AM
    Mine is 41mb. ABOUT says I have 3,800 photos (hmmm, I don't know if that's doubled due to the "copies" in the Misc/Android mirroring.)
    07-16-12 07:48 AM
    About says 2275 pics and the mmlibrary.db is 32.6 M
    07-16-12 08:21 AM
    I had the same exact problem OP. Anything in the status bar just started lagging anytime I tried to click on something. I copied like almost 20GB worth of videos over to my laptop in hopes to regain some of my performance back and it worked but now it seems like this lag is slowly starting to creep back....

I would've been tried a security wipe but RIM still can't get the PlayBook to backup on desktop manager without some sort of error
    Gerii likes this.
    07-16-12 09:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD