I've noticed lately that the playbook gets hot, especially while charging. I just got it from amazon a couple days ago new....has anyone else had any problems like this??
    11-27-11 01:44 AM
    how hot? mine gets warm, the back case gets to maybe 40ish degrees max, but i dont think thats too hot
    11-27-11 01:53 AM
    well its hot enough to feel through the case....i'd say about 70 something degreeish... its not burning skin hot, but it makes me worried.
    11-27-11 01:57 AM
    I think you might be over reacting.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-27-11 02:10 AM
    70 F or 70 c
    11-27-11 02:23 AM
    does it still get hot when off the charger and running from the battery? (battery issue maybe?)
    11-27-11 02:56 AM
    Uh, are you seriously asking if he meant Fahrenheit or Celsius? He's still typing, so he obviously still has the use of his fingers. If it were Celsius, I don't think he'd be typing, he'd be at the hospital getting his blistered hands bandaged up.
    FF22 likes this.
    11-27-11 03:02 AM
    I guess it's normal.
    11-27-11 03:05 AM
    Uh, are you seriously asking if he meant Fahrenheit or Celsius? He's still typing, so he obviously still has the use of his fingers. If it were Celsius, I don't think he'd be typing, he'd be at the hospital getting his blistered hands bandaged up.
    maybe he meant kcals... (jk)
    11-27-11 03:17 AM
    Hot? Not slightly warm? Then I would suggest there is something wrong with the battery.
    11-27-11 03:27 AM
    maybe he meant kcals... (jk)
    Naw, he probably meant to say 70 degrees Kelvin. Now that would leave you with frozen fingertips.
    11-27-11 05:30 AM
    I've noticed lately that the playbook gets hot, especially while charging. I just got it from amazon a couple days ago new....has anyone else had any problems like this??
    Go to the app world and download the app called Battery guru,its not very expensive at all. Keep it running all the time, and keep ur PB on for a few days straight (you can set it to standby when not in use).

After that locate the file that this app generates, it will get saved in ur PB folders under the folder named after the app itself. Once you find the file in the folder, transfer it to your desktop/laptop computer and open it using the excell program, you will find a lot of parameters that will indicate ur battery overall heath and status.

here is the best part,send the file to the support email... Peter here at CB is the one who will read your file and let you know if anything is amiss. If the battery is at fault he can even assist you to get a new replacement .........
    Good luck.

Finally, the battery does heat with intensive use and if you have apps running inthe background, these are a few possibilities amongst many others why ur battery is getting hot. Also if you are using a cover/case for the PB, try taking it of and see if the heat generated is less, some covers are not good at dissipating heat generated and with the PB not having fans to cool the processor it can become an issue with covering the device.
    Last edited by anindoc; 11-27-11 at 07:47 AM.
    11-27-11 07:43 AM
    It can get even warmer playing some very active games. I gather simcity really chews through a battery charge and gets warm.
    11-27-11 09:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD