• 1 Post By jonno_atamaniuk
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,322 Global Posts
    PIN
    nacle of phones: BB!
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default PlayBook Gave Me Instant Productivity Boost

. . . and I haven't even opened it yet!!

Ordered my first PlayBook on Jan 26th from SBB at the $299 special- great experience - easy - all around good. Thought hard, REAL hard about getting the 16gb but made the sacrifice for the 64gb for $o.oo more dollars . . . I know, I really stepped up to the plate on that one. Well, it was delivered today, about 2 hours ago (my Incipio BlackBerry PlayBook Executive Premium Kickstand Leather Case is on the way - thanks to the thread here: 50% off MINUS additional like 10 or 15% off with the code in the thread - total cost $21.24 - thanks OP, sorry CB)

My productivity increase comes from NOT OPENING THE BOX. It's sitting on the floor, waiting for 2 more items to be crossed off my to-do list before I'm allowing myself to open it! As an outside industrial sales professional who works from home, it's easy to let office tasks stack up while I'm logging the miles on the highways of Louisiana. Forcing myself to clear some items before opening it - after opening it it will help me accomplish a lot of those tasks while on the road, between appointments or while with clients. Looking forward to all the things it will help me do!!

Ordering 2 more as the funds/sale prices allow - one for 16yo son, and for my GF.

#BeBold (9900 in April w/early upgrade)
    Thanked by:
    auditman (02-01-2012) 
    CrackBerry User

No productivity boost here
    cant put this thing down and work on my other projects.
    been a week since i got it. its already getting on my wife's nerves
    There are two types of phones in this world... a Blackberry and a Dingleberry
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    844 Global Posts

Tell me about it..

I get the same thing from my Wife Lol.. Always on it browsing the web etc etc... been that way since april.

She has one as well but doesn't use it that much.. She enjoys reading books, magazines and playing angry birds on her ipod touch...
    --- Sent From Mobile Device While on the Can! ---
    Thanked by:
    DocDRM (01-31-2012) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Congrats. It will be WELL worth the wait. Also you will get to fall in love yet again when 2.0 is released.

Enjoy.
    Thanked by:
    DocDRM (01-31-2012) 
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

The productivity boost I get from my PlayBook is negated the time spent on CrackBerry discussing the PlayBook...

Both are very addictive.
    They talk about me like a dog, talkin' about the clothes I wear
    But they don't realize they're the ones who's square.
    Thanked by:
    DocDRM (01-31-2012) 
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts

Seriously, I've spent more time browsing the Crackberry forums reading about the Playbook and what people think or like to do with it, than I've actually been using it. I do still use my desktop a lot, but I think that will change soon. Once my boyfriend gets home from work, I like to sit on the couch so I can browse while hanging out with him, rather than being in the office alone hunched over my keyboard.
    shrinkbbuser likes this.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,322 Global Posts
    PIN
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Arrow The Time is NOW

Ok - times up - about to go open it up! 16yo son is home from school and he says we're doing an unboxing video.

After playing, checking it out, update/register, etc, what is my first order of business?

Tweaks? Setups/arrangements/best tricks - on ATT with no tethering but will be stepping up to new 5g/hotspot/tethering soon. Gonna go re-read all the ATT/Bridge info

Work Apps/Productivity Apps - assuming Evernote/Drop Box something along those lines first? Lots of PDF needs, PowerPoint, Excel, web

Games - mostly for him - FPS, sports, etc.

Just because Apps?
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    22,526 Global Posts
    PIN
    "Runs with Scissors"

click on the links below my signature for Tips, Tricks and Fixes(compiled by the knowledgeable posters here) and also the Playbook 101 vids.
    Alot of your questions will be answered there.

Enjoy!!
    (BBM # 5)
    CB 5K 50K,100K 500K Challenge Thread
    Thanked by:
    DocDRM (01-31-2012) 
  9. RWD
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by adrenaline_x View Post
    Tell me about it..

I get the same thing from my Wife Lol.. Always on it browsing the web etc etc... been that way since april.

She has one as well but doesn't use it that much.. She enjoys reading books, magazines and playing angry birds on her ipod touch...
    Your wife sounds a bit like mine (except the Angry Birds). Always on her Kindle. We've had Playbooks since June, got a third for my 20 year old daughter for her birthday. Wife uses hers mostly for online banking. Mine needs charging daily...
    Thanked by:
    DocDRM (01-31-2012) 
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,322 Global Posts
    PIN
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

Quote Originally Posted by jafobabe View Post
    click on the links below my signature for Tips, Tricks and Fixes(compiled by the knowledgeable posters here) and also the Playbook 101 vids.
    Alot of your questions will be answered there.

Enjoy!!
    Great place to start jbabe, will do.

Address ATT/Bridge there?

Trying to get through update so I can carry with me to my church's Men's NIght get together - big church, lots of guys, Lead Pastor is a big twitterer, associate pastors, too. All iPhones/iPads - see them on stage with them.

Is trying to show off in church with your new toy, I MEAN TOOL, a bad thing?
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    593 Global Posts

If you have a BlackBerry phone and are on AT&T, do yourself a favour and look up rroyy's download of the official BlackBerry Bridge and not the one you find in your App World as that should allow you to bridge without paying the tethering charges.

I believe that has been this way from the beginning.
    Thanked by:
    DocDRM (02-01-2012) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

I have been unproductive since I got my mine. If I'm not on crackberry, all I have been doing is dl games/apps to make me more unproductive.

Ok better get back to being productive, after alittle modern combat..

But serious, OP the pb is hard to put down.
    DocDRM likes this.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    80 Global Posts

I am addicted to Uno, Angry Birds and Fruit Ninja Slash. I would say definitely download Slacker (great even if you don't have a subscription), Conqu (to actually get stuff done), and BlueBox if you have DropBox!

In my free time I am always on my PlayBook. Heck, even when I don't have free time I'm on it! It is ridiculously addicting and when 2.0 comes out....well, I guess I can't get any less productive...
    Be Bold.
    Storm 9530-> Storm2 9550-> Bold 9650-> Bold 9930-> HTC DNA-> Z10-> Z30
    Thanked by:
    DocDRM (02-01-2012) 
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts

Productivity is overrated!! Games and web 24/7 Once the update is out and there are more games for me to download, it's on!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    386 Global Posts
    PIN
    up

believe it or not, the Playbook actually has increased my own personal productivity to an extent. I work in retail, yes I am one of those grunts on the sales floor.... ok maybe a grunt in charge of a grunt or two at times. But there are times that either our firewall won't let me browse something for a client of our store, or all the tills are busy and I can't get in to look something up for someone. I could tell said client "sorry, i can't look this up for you. Try elsewhere." Instead, I tend to run to the back room, pick up my Playbook, and look up information on what said client wishes to order or find more about. Given how portable it is over the iPad, and how much more content there is versus any other compact mobile device (read: cell phone) on a much more visible screen, not only is the client usually impressed with my willingness to go the extra mile for them (or 15 feet), but some even outright ask "so what is it you've got there and how do you get internet when there is none really available?".

On the photography side of my work, it has actually gotten some of my photos put up in a person's home simply because they could take a look at my portfolio right then and there, choose what they wanted prints of, then had it forwarded directly to them via email.

Any tool, when used properly, can really help someone be more productive. OP, enjoy the new device! Use it well.
    DocDRM likes this.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,322 Global Posts
    PIN
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #16  

Ok. Time for some sleep!

Gotta be productive tomorrow!

My first CB post from my PlayBook!

More tomorrow on my first night.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    93 Global Posts

Haha! Every time I go to use my Playbook, I find my wife already has it and is playing Scrabble on it. I think she uses it just as much or more than I do! She has used it for the bridge calendar a few times in planning meetings she goes to as well. I'm actually considering getting her one for herself...
    CrackBerry Abuser

I spend more time buying apps, reading RSS feeds, eBooks and playing games since getting the PlayBook.