02-01-12 07:30 PM
- . . . and I haven't even opened it yet!!
Ordered my first PlayBook on Jan 26th from SBB at the $299 special- great experience - easy - all around good. Thought hard, REAL hard about getting the 16gb but made the sacrifice for the 64gb for $o.oo more dollars . . . I know, I really stepped up to the plate on that one. Well, it was delivered today, about 2 hours ago (my Incipio BlackBerry PlayBook Executive Premium Kickstand Leather Case is on the way - thanks to the thread here: 50% off MINUS additional like 10 or 15% off with the code in the thread - total cost $21.24 - thanks OP, sorry CB)
My productivity increase comes from NOT OPENING THE BOX. It's sitting on the floor, waiting for 2 more items to be crossed off my to-do list before I'm allowing myself to open it! As an outside industrial sales professional who works from home, it's easy to let office tasks stack up while I'm logging the miles on the highways of Louisiana. Forcing myself to clear some items before opening it - after opening it it will help me accomplish a lot of those tasks while on the road, between appointments or while with clients. Looking forward to all the things it will help me do!!
Ordering 2 more as the funds/sale prices allow - one for 16yo son, and for my GF.
#BeBold (9900 in April w/early upgrade)01-31-12 02:28 PMLike 7
- Tell me about it..
I get the same thing from my Wife Lol.. Always on it browsing the web etc etc... been that way since april.
She has one as well but doesn't use it that much.. She enjoys reading books, magazines and playing angry birds on her ipod touch...01-31-12 02:45 PM
- Seriously, I've spent more time browsing the Crackberry forums reading about the Playbook and what people think or like to do with it, than I've actually been using it. I do still use my desktop a lot, but I think that will change soon. Once my boyfriend gets home from work, I like to sit on the couch so I can browse while hanging out with him, rather than being in the office alone hunched over my keyboard.01-31-12 03:12 PM
- Ok - times up - about to go open it up! 16yo son is home from school and he says we're doing an unboxing video.
After playing, checking it out, update/register, etc, what is my first order of business?
Tweaks? Setups/arrangements/best tricks - on ATT with no tethering but will be stepping up to new 5g/hotspot/tethering soon. Gonna go re-read all the ATT/Bridge info
Work Apps/Productivity Apps - assuming Evernote/Drop Box something along those lines first? Lots of PDF needs, PowerPoint, Excel, web
Games - mostly for him - FPS, sports, etc.
Just because Apps?01-31-12 04:45 PM
- 01-31-12 05:48 PM
Address ATT/Bridge there?
Trying to get through update so I can carry with me to my church's Men's NIght get together - big church, lots of guys, Lead Pastor is a big twitterer, associate pastors, too. All iPhones/iPads - see them on stage with them.
Is trying to show off in church with your new toy, I MEAN TOOL, a bad thing?01-31-12 05:49 PM
- If you have a BlackBerry phone and are on AT&T, do yourself a favour and look up rroyy's download of the official BlackBerry Bridge and not the one you find in your App World as that should allow you to bridge without paying the tethering charges.
I believe that has been this way from the beginning.01-31-12 08:31 PM
- I have been unproductive since I got my mine. If I'm not on crackberry, all I have been doing is dl games/apps to make me more unproductive.
Ok better get back to being productive, after alittle modern combat..
But serious, OP the pb is hard to put down.01-31-12 09:23 PM
- I am addicted to Uno, Angry Birds and Fruit Ninja Slash. I would say definitely download Slacker (great even if you don't have a subscription), Conqu (to actually get stuff done), and BlueBox if you have DropBox!
In my free time I am always on my PlayBook. Heck, even when I don't have free time I'm on it! It is ridiculously addicting and when 2.0 comes out....well, I guess I can't get any less productive...01-31-12 11:14 PM
- believe it or not, the Playbook actually has increased my own personal productivity to an extent. I work in retail, yes I am one of those grunts on the sales floor.... ok maybe a grunt in charge of a grunt or two at times. But there are times that either our firewall won't let me browse something for a client of our store, or all the tills are busy and I can't get in to look something up for someone. I could tell said client "sorry, i can't look this up for you. Try elsewhere." Instead, I tend to run to the back room, pick up my Playbook, and look up information on what said client wishes to order or find more about. Given how portable it is over the iPad, and how much more content there is versus any other compact mobile device (read: cell phone) on a much more visible screen, not only is the client usually impressed with my willingness to go the extra mile for them (or 15 feet), but some even outright ask "so what is it you've got there and how do you get internet when there is none really available?".
On the photography side of my work, it has actually gotten some of my photos put up in a person's home simply because they could take a look at my portfolio right then and there, choose what they wanted prints of, then had it forwarded directly to them via email.
Any tool, when used properly, can really help someone be more productive. OP, enjoy the new device! Use it well.02-01-12 01:21 AM
- Haha! Every time I go to use my Playbook, I find my wife already has it and is playing Scrabble on it. I think she uses it just as much or more than I do! She has used it for the bridge calendar a few times in planning meetings she goes to as well. I'm actually considering getting her one for herself...02-01-12 10:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD