Helped my darling wife work on upgrading her iPad 2 to iOS 5.01 today - 7.5 hours later we finally got it working after multiple Googles queries and a call to Apple Tech support. Lot's of iTUnes issues. What nightmare - glad I bought a playbook that upgraded seemlessly.
    03-17-12 07:25 PM
    Itunes is awful. Never managed to update my iPhone without an error.
    03-17-12 07:26 PM
    Everytime i get on my computer theres a itunes update. Hate it.
    03-17-12 09:25 PM
    Everytime i get on my computer theres a itunes update. Hate it.
    Actually, I would see update as a good thing (except virus updates) as it brings new features. I wish I get more updates from RIM on my PB...
    03-17-12 09:28 PM
    I see you had some issues with the bold font commands.
    03-17-12 10:14 PM
    That's why I hate itunes and love android and the playbook. Its workable out of the box.

Sent with Tapatalk from my Blackberry Playbook
    03-17-12 10:22 PM
    I see you had some issues with the bold font commands.
    Appears that way but I didn't put them in my post - so not sure how they got there.
    03-18-12 06:50 AM
    Wonder what your issues where? I have upgraded my iPad 2 several times with no issues. I don't use iTunes. Just do it over the air.

It is one of the things I think Apple got right (finally and late). Upgrades have been no issue for me. In fact I think RIM, Android and iOS all do upgrades very well now.

Nice try on a "why my device is better" post but I don't think one instance of you having issues presents your case well. The PB does do it nice but that is pretty much industry standard today.
    Last edited by dbw1000; 03-18-12 at 07:14 AM.
    03-18-12 06:53 AM
    There're some annoyances with iTunes (I got exclusively Apple hardware in that house, except for the PB) but when set correctly, it does everything I want.
    But the mayor problem I encounter is the fact that movies and songs cannot be added as easily as for example on the PB by moving the files to the storage.
    03-18-12 07:05 AM
    Itunes really is a PITA.. Hate it with a passion, which is funny because many people believe it's Apple's best product.
    03-18-12 07:15 AM
    I never mind constant updates. if only Apple could do updates like Windows updates if they are going to be pushing them out with such regularity. it annoyed me beyond belief, having to scroll through and resign the user agreement every single time. why cant it do it in the background and not tell you about it?
    03-18-12 08:02 AM
    Helped my darling wife work on upgrading her iPad 2 to iOS 5.01 today - 7.5 hours later we finally got it working after multiple Googles queries and a call to Apple Tech support. Lot's of iTUnes issues. What nightmare - glad I bought a playbook that upgraded seemlessly.
    Eh not so fast. The OS 2 update really caused a lot of issues with some Playbooks, mine included. One good friend of mine had it totally kill hers where it stays dead with a blinking red light.
    03-18-12 08:24 AM
    Eh not so fast. The OS 2 update really caused a lot of issues with some Playbooks, mine included. One good friend of mine had it totally kill hers where it stays dead with a blinking red light.
    How many? I think software updates/installs go wrong on any device, pc's included. But really how many.. I think it went well for almost everybody. Its really pretty straightforward if you didn't have any sideloaded/ beta's running. On the other hand, i think its safe to say almost everyone has had trouble with itunes..

I find your post was very vague..
    03-18-12 09:17 AM
    I hate iTunes but like the iPad
    I think that's how lots of people think.
    But on the other hand,
    I like the pb too...without the itunes trouble.
    I don't think there is a problem loving both,don't understand why so many people think you have to hate one device because you like the other one.
    03-18-12 09:22 AM
    Personally, i have no problems with devices. Its apple i dont like. I just dont like giving them money, in turn i unfortunately dont buy their products, and dont have much respect for their products because they are made by a company i very much do not support. Having a macbook air would be really nice, they look great and are super compact, but theres just no way for me to ever... You know.
    ralfyguy and EricB1968 like this.
    03-18-12 09:47 AM
    I just buy whatever I want, from whoever I want, whenever I want. Life is too short, I'd rather spend my time enjoying it than worrying about things
    03-18-12 10:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD