Hey everyone!

I had a few apps open on PB and, all of a sudden, it froze. When I pressed the power button, it turned off. But, now it won't power on again. I held down the power button for 20 seconds and held down all the buttons on top of the device simultaneously, but none of of it worked. I'm going to leave it powered off and off of the charger for while and see how it goes.

If it means anything, BlackBerry Bridge didn't disconnect and I can still use it to connect to my PB.

Any suggestions?
    02-05-12 01:54 PM
    Well that would mean your PB is still on if you can still connect to it.. weird.
    02-05-12 01:57 PM
    Well that would mean your PB is still on if you can still connect to it.. weird.
    Yeah, that's what I thought. But it's completely unresponsive.

To add, the yellow/green light doesn't illuminate when I plug in my PlayBook to charge. Perhaps a further sign that it's still powered on?
    Last edited by FlashFlare11; 02-05-12 at 02:18 PM.
    02-05-12 02:11 PM
    Take it into a dark room like a closet to.see if the back light is still on. I can look at mine sideways and see. If the screen isn't the same color as the bezel and then it's still on. I know you said you held all the buttons on top but try this. Hold power button then volume minus and plus. Hold all your three until you see some change or 30 seconds.
    Last edited by Chaddface; 02-05-12 at 02:28 PM.
    FlashFlare11 likes this.
    02-05-12 02:20 PM
    Let your PB charge for a few hours via the wall charger, not USB-computer charge method.

Meanwhile, do a battery pull on your BB phone to disconnect the bridge if still active and not allowing the PB to be shut off.

Then reboot the PB, and see if it works.
    FlashFlare11 likes this.
    02-05-12 02:20 PM
    Again, press and HOLD the power button for 10-20 seconds, then release and leave it a bit - sometimes the red led does not come back on immediately and may take another 10 seconds.

Plug into AC adapter and leave it for a few hours. Then try again.

And make sure....

First try: First, press and hold the Power button for 10-15 seconds. Then leave it for 20-30 seconds and see if it restarts.

To REBOOT:
    Press and HOLD all three keys for about 10 - 20 seconds: PowerOn, VolUp and VolDown. Start with the PowerButton. Keep holding past the 3-choice options screen. If you hear a shutter type sound, you've taken a Screen Shot and probably missed the PowerButton.

Oh, yes, try pressing just the Vol Up and Down and see if you hear the shutter sound - that means it is ON.
    FlashFlare11 likes this.
    02-05-12 02:23 PM
    Take it into a dark room like a closet to.see if the back light is still on. I can look at mine sideways and see. If the screen isn't the same color as the bezel and then it's still on. I know you said you held all the buttons on top but try this. Hold power button then volume minus and plus. Hold all your three until you see some change or 30 seconds.
    Thanks! I did what you said, but from what I can see, there's no backlight. The screen is entirely black.

Let your PB charge for a few hours via the wall charger, not USB-computer charge method.

Meanwhile, do a battery pull on your BB phone to disconnect the bridge if still active and not allowing the PB to be shut off.

Then reboot the PB, and see if it works.
    Thank you! I did a battery pull on my phone, but Bridge can still connect. I'm still not able to reboot the PlayBook.

Again, press and HOLD the power button for 10-20 seconds, then release and leave it a bit - sometimes the red led does not come back on immediately and may take another 10 seconds.

Plug into AC adapter and leave it for a few hours. Then try again.

And make sure....

First try: First, press and hold the Power button for 10-15 seconds. Then leave it for 20-30 seconds and see if it restarts.

To REBOOT:
    Press and HOLD all three keys for about 10 - 20 seconds: PowerOn, VolUp and VolDown. Start with the PowerButton. Keep holding past the 3-choice options screen. If you hear a shutter type sound, you've taken a Screen Shot and probably missed the PowerButton.

Oh, yes, try pressing just the Vol Up and Down and see if you hear the shutter sound - that means it is ON.
    Thank you! No shutter sound by taking a screenshot. I tried pressing everything, but nothing seems to be working. I'm going to leave it on the charger and see if anything happens.

I do think it's weird that Bridge can still connect, yet there's no other sign that the PlayBook is powered on.
    02-05-12 02:37 PM
    I'm confussed... If your PB is blacked out, off or whatever, how can you know you are bridged to your phone without seeing it relected on the PB?
    02-05-12 02:51 PM
    I'm confussed... If your PB is blacked out, off or whatever, how can you know you are bridged to your phone without seeing it relected on the PB?
    My phone says it's connected to the PlayBook. I don't think it can connect unless the PB is on, right?

My computer doesn't recognize that a device is connected either, so I can't use Desktop Manager to do anything, it seems.
    02-05-12 02:58 PM
    I just had the same problem 10mins ago.. Was just about to make a new thread but saw this and it fixed mine.

I was on word app and it just froze so i pressed power button and it wouldn't turn on. but i held the power button for approx 5-8sec and its back on
    02-05-12 03:09 PM
    It's back! I just gave it some time and pressed the power button and it turned on! Thank you, everyone who posted here, for providing quick responses! I apprectiate all the help!
    02-05-12 03:22 PM
    Wow i saw this post about 10 min ago. I just walked over the my PB and it's dead. The screen is black and i got no action on it. I hope i have your luck.
    02-05-12 03:48 PM
    Wow i saw this post about 10 min ago. I just walked over the my PB and it's dead. The screen is black and i got no action on it. I hope i have your luck.
    Best of luck to you! I hope the information posted here helps!
    VanCity778 likes this.
    02-05-12 04:31 PM
    My PB blacked out too. What causes this?
    02-05-12 04:45 PM
    If it's on 2.0 beta, the some sort of glitch...The risk we take with beta's.

If on 1.0...i'm not sure
    02-05-12 04:54 PM
    I had quite a few apps open on mine, including the browser. Did you have a lot open or did it just not even illuminate?
    02-05-12 06:20 PM
    yup mines up and running. i just let it sit for an hour, i held the power button for 20 sec and the red light came on and powered up.
    FlashFlare11 likes this.
    02-05-12 06:29 PM
    yup mines up and running. i just let it sit for an hour, i held the power button for 20 sec and the red light came on and powered up.
    That's exactly what happened to mine. I'm glad it worked out for you!
    02-05-12 06:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD