View Poll Results: Have you/would you/will you/ buy RIMM stock?

Voters
152. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes !!!!

111 73.03%
  • No

41 26.97%
    First, RIM is a speculative buy at any time, and now is no different. But odds are it's in for a run. How far and how high, no one knows, so set your sell point at the outset.

Next, whatever gains it makes are VERY vulnerable. Any bad news will heavily impact the stock price. If OS 2 was overhyped, expect the price to fall in February. If OS 10 is delayed, the stock will be badly hit. If it doesn't deliver as advertised, it could be fatal for RIM. Not that the company will go bankrupt; it will be sold or merged, and shareholders might still fetch a decent price, compared to today.

A reasonable strategy is to start buying in now, buy more if the OS 2 announcement is well received, buy more if OS 2 itself is well received. If it's not, get out before the stock is hammered, as it will be. If still interested in the company at that time on the potential for OS 10 to revive its fortunes, wait for the price to bottom again.

Over the long haul, this company faces major hurdles. Playbook HW is going to be overtaken this year. A new model, with 2 gigs ram, quad-core and better screen are needed. Should also have 4G and micro SD slot. Competition for the BB enterprise market will only get stronger.

Strengths? Enabling Android on the PB will solve a major problem with the consumer market. Merging the PB and BB operating systems will be very appealing to app developers, especially since BB remains strong outside NA and Europe. If it can keep growing there, what happens here won't really matter.
    Thunderbuck and OMGitworks like this.
    01-12-12 05:42 PM
    Made another 2k today. Thank you berry much RIM
    01-12-12 06:19 PM
    Once I save up a little bit of money, I could see myself buying some shares of RIM stock. If anyone can suggest a good website or firm that doesn't charge up the wazoo for buying stock, let me know.

Thanks
    You should look into using scottrade. They only charge 7 bucks a trade.

Sent from my IPhone 4s using Tapatalk
    01-12-12 07:02 PM
    I do hope this thread is not moved to general as it is kind of a gauge of playbook enthusiasm and RIM confidence after what we have seen at CES specifically regarding playbook. Mostly interested in playbook owner's perspective, or even non- owners that frequent this forum.

Assuming you had a few extra dollars around, would you/have you/will you/ buy RIMM stock within this week?

Vote yes if you would but can't afford it, have within the last few days as CES news comes out, or you will within this week's general time frame.

Anonymous poll, don't be shy. Closes on the 18th to keep it within the post CES time frame.

Personally? I am doubling down.
    already did - i put down enough - wife hated when i did that haha , but wait til end of this year , back to glory
    01-12-12 07:24 PM
    The BIG driver to this stock in the short term will be when the 2 ceo,s get chopped, which could be this month.

OS2 will have a minor effect in comparison.

Buy now and take your profit when the 2 ceo,s go. Then it will tank again until the new phone comes out.
    01-12-12 07:53 PM
    The BIG driver to this stock in the short term will be when the 2 ceo,s get chopped, which could be this month.

OS2 will have a minor effect in comparison.

Buy now and take your profit when the 2 ceo,s go. Then it will tank again until the new phone comes out.
    Mike and Jim won't get "chopped", sorry to tell you. Remember they're both major shareholders. RIM has already hinted that they will drop their roles as co-chairmen. We can hope there will be further changes announced, but we can't count on anything now.
    01-12-12 11:02 PM
    now its the time to buy the shares. buy buy buy . rim will go up more and more
    mariobastros likes this.
    01-13-12 12:32 PM
    now its the time to buy the shares. buy buy buy . rim will go up more and more
    Horrible horrible advice. Whetr are the indicators to show that the stock
    Will increase?

Sent from my IPhone 4s using Tapatalk
    01-16-12 12:56 AM
    RIM is still being led by 3 blind mice, Lazardis, Basille, and now their paper CEO, Heins. Those two clowns are still running things behind the scenes and Heins just appears to be a figurehead. I know the two former co-CEO's deserve a lot of credit in tech history for revolutionizing emails in mobile devices and what they contributed to the evolution of the smartphone, but the game has passed them by.

Why are there still no consumer media apps on the Playbook like Netflix or Hulu or even Kindle? Well before people say lack of demand due to poor sales of their tablet, what about the 70+ million Blackberry users that still don't have the option use Netlfix? I know, its dumb to watch a 2 hour movie on a tiny screen, but not having a CHOICE at these little features really turn the consumer off.

Or did anyone sneak a peek at what the London will look like? The first BB10 phone will have no trackpad/trackball or even a QWERTY keyboard? Are they f'n serious? Way to isolate your loyal fans even more!

Unfortunately, I think until these clowns running the company embrace the consumer market by increasing consumer apps, vastly improve marketing and brand image of their products, and give the Blackberry faithful what they expect while impressing others on the bubble about buy a Blackberry as their next smartphone, investing in RIM will be dead money for a while...
    03-08-12 04:10 PM
    Or did anyone sneak a peek at what the London will look like? The first BB10 phone will have no trackpad/trackball or even a QWERTY keyboard? Are they f'n serious? Way to isolate your loyal fans even more!

Unfortunately, I think until these clowns running the company embrace the consumer market by increasing consumer apps, vastly improve marketing and brand image of their products, and give the Blackberry faithful what they expect while impressing others on the bubble about buy a Blackberry as their next smartphone, investing in RIM will be dead money for a while...
    I think one of the issues is that they do indeed have a very loyal fan base, yet they are still bleeding market share. And they're thinking they need to get new consumers in immediately.

Sprint lost A LOT of users when they picked-up the iPhone but didn't offer existing customers the discount. You think these boards are bad. You should have seen Sprint's. I didn't care as I don't like the iphone.

But they stuck to their guns, and while they may have lost some folks who had been on the platform for years. They claimed to have picked 4mm new subscribers.

If RIM does produce a non-KB phone and folks leave. The thought could be that they weren't really loyal to the brand anyway.

Heck, they might even get me to come over. As I'm sick to death of rebooting the d@mn EVO 4x a day...
    03-08-12 04:27 PM
85 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD