Just picked up a new playbook and it wouldnt connect to my wireless network, just says failed to obtain my IP address
    my 9860 had the same problem but i didnt investigate it since i never needed to use the wi-fi really with my wireless coverage
    anyway, i went into my router and disabled my WEP key and now it will connect but cant leave it like that as it isnt secure
    is there anything i can do now to get it to run correctly with the WEP key??
    (i entered the key several times on both devices and know i entered it right cause i went and re-entered it on my laptop to make sure)
    thanks!
    11-18-11 09:18 AM
    Have you tried a different level of encryption? I have had similar problems at my office. If your router supports it try WPA2 Personal with TKIP+AES encryption. I also set the channel width to 20Mhz.
    11-18-11 11:48 AM
    Have you tried doing a reset? Hold the power button down until the power screen comes up and then select Restart.

I had a problem setting up my yestoday and a restart did the trick.
    11-18-11 12:59 PM
    My BB tablet fails to connect when the battery is low. as soon as I recharge it, it connects without problems.......
    11-18-11 06:36 PM
    I tried resetting the PB and my router, did the same thing with my 9860.
    I finally tried changing my WEP key, went from 128 to 64 bit and it connected.
    Have no idea why, but it worked
    11-19-11 10:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD