What are your thoughts?

I heard the back side is some kind of rubber material. How does it look from far away?
    What about the front. Is it glossy and shiny?

Does it look like a toy or a like a really costly gadget?
    Last edited by skech; 04-10-11 at 12:28 PM.
    04-10-11 12:25 PM
    What are your thoughts?

I heard the back side is some kind of rubber material and isn't aluminium like the iPad.
    What about the front. Is it glossy and shiny?

Does it look like a toy or a like a really costly gadget?
    A firm rubber feel plastic. Very sturdy. Not toy like. The front is all glass with a tiny chrome edge

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-10-11 12:27 PM
    I don't think any tablet looks like a toy. They are all slabs of glass.
    04-10-11 12:37 PM
    I was quite impressed with the overall fit/finish. Definitely very BlackBerry... I've never liked the rounded corners on the iPad's as they are too bloody easy to drop. The PlayBook was quite "sticky". No way you'd accidentally let one of these puppies drop. The front bezel is a bit glossy for my taste but then I was looking at a unit that had been handled by dozens of people so the fingerprints were showing. It was definitely glass though... I didn't try to scratch it but I suspect its gorilla glass.
    04-10-11 12:38 PM
    A firm rubber feel plastic.
    Like the back of a Torch? The Torch is ribbed but the Playbook looks smooth?
    04-10-11 01:00 PM
    Its all glass @ the front and the back has this rubber grip plastic feel to it. I think this was an excellent choice as it allows for a good grip and gives you the feeling it will not slip out of your hands. Overall finish is blackberry like and has an upscale quality to the whole thing. Very polished and light weight it just feels so right when holding in your hand.
    04-10-11 01:11 PM
    Im wondering also on the back cover if its easy enough to remove so we can replace the battery if needed

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-10-11 01:13 PM
    I like the looks of it, very professional. I have never been a fan of the white/silver showy designs and colors.
    04-10-11 01:29 PM
    While I haven't seen one in person yet, I definitely like the look from what I've seen so far. It gives off a much more professional, cool, sleek, chic, etc. feel than say, an iPad. To me an iPad looks like a slacker device, it just doesn't look serious, or worth $500+.
    04-10-11 01:57 PM
    I'll be honest, I don't really notice a huge difference in design from tablet to tablet. They're all pretty much the same thing to me. The playbook looks kinda like an expensive digital picture frame; but I don't really care. (The Sony digital picture frames are also black with a chrome edge, similar thickness).

While I understand that appearance is important, I'm more interested in the weight, usability, and capabilities of the device.

As long as it doesn't look/feel like an etch-a-sketch in my hands, I'll be happy.
    04-11-11 12:26 PM
    As long as it doesn't look/feel like an etch-a-sketch in my hands, I'll be happy.
    That would be a cool app though!!!
    04-11-11 12:28 PM
    I think the Blackberry logo on the front kind of spoils the look. A simple silver (chrome) blackberry without the name would be much classier in my view.
    04-11-11 12:44 PM
    Like the back of a Torch? The Torch is ribbed but the Playbook looks smooth?
    No not ribbed like the torch, but im at a loss for what to compare it to.
    04-11-11 02:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD