Looking for something easier to carry round than my 10" ipad and seriously considering PlayBook as seems to be outstanding value for money at the moment. I do a lot of research and study on my tablet and need to be able to underline/highlight and add comments to EPUB and PDF books and magazines.
    Does anyone know of a good Playbook reader apps that provide this functionality.
    Thanks
    12-27-12 05:25 AM
    I'll bump this. I _THINK_ for pdf's there are apps that allow that - possibly pdf-reader, qpdf and the sideloaded repligo. I'm not sure on the epub issue but there's one that is very popular with the developer active in the forum.

Let's see if others can provide more info.
    12-27-12 08:49 AM
    I've looked and no the PlayBook doesn't have one with the capabilities of "studying" a text book like you want. I use Book Reader (in App World), but in is very basic - one highlighter color and hard to use and doesn't always work just right. But I've tried several other PDF/eReaders but none work like the iOS app with multiple colors that allow highlighting very quickly - most require multiple "steps" to highlight text that just take too long.

I did ask the developer of Book Reader about expanding the STUDY functions and he replied that he wanted to do that... but that was several months ago. He hasn't been around for a while here so hopefully he is working on a new app for BB10. Hopefully it will have these functions. Hopefully the PlayBook will get BB10 soon after it is released.

If you want to try Sideloading an Android App, the Kindle App it does have these features... but you have to use a older version of the Kindle App and it isn't without a few problems from time to time.
    12-27-12 09:18 AM
    RepliGo Reader underlines/highlights adobe files, don't think it will work on epub
    12-27-12 10:27 AM
    Thanks v much for feedback.
    I'll take a look at those options, and if they don't work for me, will probably hang fire and stick with ipad for a while longer. I'm loathed to pay an extra �150 for this feature on an ipad mini, and get far less storage in return.
    12-27-12 10:32 AM
    - the 1€/$ app "PDF reader" will very properly handle multiple page markings in documents but won't do this for ePub documents

- I know less about ePub readers; almost all of them will remember last page used, but not all will highlight various places in a single doc

- one of these epub readers anyhow seems to "do it all" announcing the same suport for PDFs as long as they are "mostly text-only" (otherwise the load time is very slow), it's PlayEpub book reader. Please not that I don't use it, so I couldn't commit upon its performance.

I for one am a very satisfied user of PDF reader.
    edendave likes this.
    12-27-12 03:30 PM
    Play epub allows the highlighting of text in epub in multiple colors. It says it supports PDF documents, but I have not tried PDF...
    pronomad and igrrl like this.
    12-27-12 08:22 PM
    Woo, hey! I have used a very amazing tool convert PDF to flash flipping book for the ePub I think this would help you. Hope you good luck
    01-07-13 01:27 AM
    Yes PlayEpub is awesome it does what you need. It also has a lot of other useful features like dictionary and translator.
    pronomad and igrrl like this.
    02-21-13 12:10 AM