I woke up this morning and noticed that my Hotmail wasn't showing up in my messages app. Just my gmail and Facebook were there. I went to "accounts" and looked if my Hotmail needed to be re validated but it said it's fine, and that there's just zero messages in my inbox...so I deleted the account and re added it. They all showed up but then it just happened again! Hotmail messages were there but then disappeared. I go to accounts again and click on Hotmail to view just my Hotmail messages, and it says there's zero. I went to Hotmail.com to make sure they weren't all deleted and they're not...I still have them in there,just not my messages app.
    I searched the forums and people have this problem but the solutions that were suggested didn't seem to fix it for me, which is why im posting this.
    Fascade518 likes this.
    05-26-12 07:30 AM
    P.S.
    I've restarted it many times. Another thing that is happening is, when I'm in my messages app, once in a while part of the browser shows up on the screen....it seems very glitchy. Does anyone else have this problem? Possible that theres a virus for the playbook? Because a reboot always fixes my problems...except this one.
    05-26-12 08:01 AM
    How did you add the account? I have a live.com account that I've never had trouble with but previous I had a hotmail.com one that did give me some trouble.
    Fascade518 likes this.
    05-26-12 08:30 AM
    I clicked on accounts and typed in my email and password. A few seconds later it was successfully added to my accounts list. This problem is still happening but I really really don't get it because it was working fine for months then suddenly does this. I have heard that .live accounts are better burning really don't want to have to create a new account. Any suggestions?
    05-26-12 02:44 PM
    Have you tried to send an email from the account using the browser? Sometimes it wants you to fill out a captcha before it will allow a client to continue using it.
    Yoox_II likes this.
    05-26-12 02:48 PM
    This is happening to me to ALOT lately..wheter I teather, or swing on WIFI...didn't have this "bug" On the last OS...bad thing is...I am swinging on three e-mail accounts...Facebook, g-mail, and yahoo...all three are ghosts..I am considering looking into that live.com account though...(thanks for your insight on live.com, kbz1960!!) Is there a remedy for this coming soon?
    05-26-12 02:58 PM
    Thank you kbz1960, you always offer great advice.
    I went to Hotmail.com and marked the 7000 emails as 'read' so that they would not show up as new emails on my playbook. For some reason my contacts just randomly synced a few minutes ago even though there was no option available for me to do that.
    So I'm thinking it is back to normal, I hope anyway. I hope there is a patch or update coming soon that fixes some issues including this one. I just hope RIM realizes that this problem exists so they know how to fix it
    05-26-12 03:02 PM
    Nevermind, it is back to not working again.
    Once again, my Hotmail emails are not showing up. Unbelievable
    05-26-12 03:27 PM
    Go to settings, accounts and click your hotmail acct. Then click advanced settings. At the bottom, what is your messages sync timeframe set to?
    05-26-12 04:03 PM
    My screen looks different too. What version are you running?
    05-26-12 04:19 PM
    im running the lastest. Its different because yours is gmail so theres different settings options and stuff. anyway, i did a security wipe after i backed up my entire playbook with the desktop software because nothing seemed to be fixing my messages problem. Now i have a new question but I feel like I shouldn't post a new thread because i've posted a lot lately...
    I backed up my files, now how do i get them back on my PlayBook? I Don't see anywhere that is says i can view my backed up files.
    05-26-12 05:22 PM
    Use the RESTORE function in Desktop Manager.
    05-26-12 08:32 PM
    Did you send an email from the browser?
    05-27-12 07:36 AM
    My settings and I setup by just entering my account and password for my @live.com account.
    05-27-12 07:52 AM
    Not sure why you are experiencing the problems that your having. Seems strange that the browser is showing up. I've had no problems with my account.
    05-28-12 01:33 AM
    Nevermind, it is back to not working again.
    Once again, my Hotmail emails are not showing up. Unbelievable
    I've had two emails ( hotmail ) that have come to my playbook and then disappeared after a couple of hours, one was gone for a day and the other for two days, then they magically reappeared, when I looked at the hotmail with the web browser they where there but wouldn't show on the playbook no matter how many times I restarted the playbook and email app, unfortunately I don't understand email setting very well so I'm Know help to you but I can confirm that there does seem to some problems.
    05-28-12 06:33 AM
    A wild guess maybe but I think this problem occurs because Hotmail (windows live, e.t.c.) is set up as a POP account by default. And secondly, if you have set it up with a "Messages Sync Timeframe" of, lets say, 7 days, that means that it will only show the messages you received in the last 7 days. If you haven't received any new messages in the last 7 days then you will see nothing. And finally hotmail in our PBs does not seem to work under bridge connection. Only when using wifi connection.
    05-28-12 06:52 AM
    Hotmail can and should be setup as an activesync account. I don't know about @hotmail.com but my @live.com account works perfectly on wifi and bridge.
    05-28-12 07:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD