Hi All,

I've owned my 16GB PB for a couple weeks and consistently have some email issues, specifically when trying to send emails from the PB when bridged to my 9650 Bold. Mostly it seems to be a lag issue, as in it will sometimes try and try and try to send an email but then will finally give me the Red X failure icon after it gives up. At first I thought it was just when I was trying to email attached photo files (about 1MB in size, so that shouldn't have been too taxing anyway), but now I've realized it happens on emails with an without attachments and, unfortunately, it seems to be rather random as to when/why an email might fail.

It's gotten so I now hesitate to send emails from the PB because I expect it to become a hassle and that I'll have to resend it or just redo it altogether from my Bold or laptop anyway.

Any thoughts? Anyone having similar trouble? Could it mostly be a function of my web/wifi/3G connection and upload speeds or possibly a bug in the PB messaging feature?

Thanks ahead for any feedback.
    10-13-11 10:56 AM
    Have you tried doing the same only using the wi/fi (no bridge)--- if there is a difference then most likely its the bluetooth proximity of BB to your PB, lower charge on either devices, and worst (hopefully not) intrinsic problems with either one device.

What about the generic email apps on the PB (gmail, hotmail, yahoo)-- do trying to send emails using them also show the same issue- if so, then its some problem with your PB.

Try the above and see if you can eliminate the possibilities (and off course the option of Hard/soft reset is always there).

---
    --
    10-13-11 11:03 AM
    Have you tried to remove the pairing from both and rebooting you phone and then done a pairing again? May or may not help but easy enough to try.
    10-13-11 11:12 AM
    Hi All,

I've owned my 16GB PB for a couple weeks and consistently have some email issues, specifically when trying to send emails from the PB when bridged to my 9650 Bold. Mostly it seems to be a lag issue, as in it will sometimes try and try and try to send an email but then will finally give me the Red X failure icon after it gives up. At first I thought it was just when I was trying to email attached photo files (about 1MB in size, so that shouldn't have been too taxing anyway), but now I've realized it happens on emails with an without attachments and, unfortunately, it seems to be rather random as to when/why an email might fail.

It's gotten so I now hesitate to send emails from the PB because I expect it to become a hassle and that I'll have to resend it or just redo it altogether from my Bold or laptop anyway.

Any thoughts? Anyone having similar trouble? Could it mostly be a function of my web/wifi/3G connection and upload speeds or possibly a bug in the PB messaging feature?

Thanks ahead for any feedback.
    Ahum ... I won't make a move ... are you in the outage area ?
    Try to send a mail directly from your BB phone, this might explain that ...
    Just wait a little until the situation comes back stable.
    As a trick, I'll try a battery pull on my phone & a hard stop (stop button hold 15 sec) of the PB.

You also have several threads here about pairing/BT problems with resolution sequences.

EDIT : There is one of the bridge-related threads: read it all, my first sequence isn't mandatory, other solutions has been given. While it takes you longer to test them, they may be much faster than mine. Once you've found the one that works for you, stick on it ! http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...e-link-651742/
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 10-13-11 at 12:56 PM.
    10-13-11 11:19 AM
    The PB has nothing to do with the SENDING of your e-mail. It's ALL done on the BB. The PB is just an image app. As Superfly_FR mentioned, it's likely the RIM data outage causing the failure.
    10-13-11 12:52 PM
    Thanks, all. It's not the RIM outage since this problem has been active since well before the outage occurred and then again today after the outage was repaired.

I understand the PB is just a window to the BB and that the BB does all the work, but it seems that when sending even a very simple "Test" email that I've written on the PB it sometimes hangs forever during send, when I know I would have been able to send the same email directly from my BB without any trouble. In fact, sometimes after I get the failure "X" I'll hit "Resend" from my Bold and off it goes instantly. Pretty weird. And all this happens when my Bold is literally sitting next to my PlayBook, so the BT connection strength shouldn't be a an issue.

As for using web-based emails like Yahoo and OWA service, I can access and send emails through those without trouble since I'm logging into their sites and only using my local connection to do so. Then their servers do all the heavy lifting when sending the message.

I'll research it more and try some of the suggestions posted here. Thx again for the help.
    Willard814 likes this.
    10-13-11 02:46 PM
    Hi, I have exactly the same issues. Via BB Bridge I can receive all emails but I cant send any at all......has anybody else had this and solved it?
    12-11-11 08:55 AM
    Never had the problem myself. I'd try try re-pairing the devices.
    12-11-11 09:09 AM
    Works beautifally here, multiple large photo attachments and all, and at warp speed to boot. Could be your connection, wifi, carrier.
    12-11-11 09:19 AM
    Hi, I have exactly the same issues. Via BB Bridge I can receive all emails but I cant send any at all......has anybody else had this and solved it?
    Has it ever worked for you? Does your phone show you have BIS connection? Who is your carrier, what country?

Try deleting the pairing on the Plabook in the Bluetooth option sceen. Then on the phone, try deleting the tablet in the Bridge Application. Do a battery pull on the phone and a reboot on the Playbook. Then setup the bridge connection again.

If that doesn't work, try deleting the bridge app on the phone and reinstalling it.
    12-11-11 09:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD