Recently I went to my local library online to download some ebooks and before I downloaded I installed what I thought was the appropriate software to do this. I installed something called overdrive media console but that alone didn't allow me to download the book. It allowed me to load the book onto my Internet browser and read as long as I was connected to the Internet. I was then told if I wanted to actually download ebooks to my playbook I would also have to install something called Calibre but I haven't been able to find the actual file tailored for the playbook. It's available for Windows and I pad
    Anybody have a specific website that has playbook file. PS I have already been to calibre website but didn't see appropriate download

Posted via CB10
    01-09-14 08:50 AM
    Recently I went to my local library online to download some ebooks and before I downloaded I installed what I thought was the appropriate software to do this. I installed something called overdrive media console but that alone didn't allow me to download the book. It allowed me to load the book onto my Internet browser and read as long as I was connected to the Internet. I was then told if I wanted to actually download ebooks to my playbook I would also have to install something called Calibre but I haven't been able to find the actual file tailored for the playbook. It's available for Windows and I pad
    Anybody have a specific website that has playbook file. PS I have already been to calibre website but didn't see appropriate download
    Calibre doesn't run on the PlayBook - it's ebook manipulation software - allows you to convert between formats, and organise books into collections / libraries and will sync to some devices.

Overdrive Media Console can download the book / title from your library - I've used it on the PlayBook and read books like that. Whether being able to download titles is to do with how they are listed on the libraries website / portal, I'm not sure, but in my case they definitely downloaded to the PlayBook, and I could read them without WiFi / internet access, and I didn't read them in the browser - they opened within the Overdrive Media Console.
    01-09-14 11:33 AM
    A number of people have used Overdrive successfully. I've heard that sometimes the library has made a book available in a format which Overdrive isn't able to read. In these cases, Overdrive would still download the file, and then an external ebook reader (like sideloaded Moonreader+ or native Playepub could be used). Maybe something different about the way your library has set up their system, but Overdrive has worked for others.
    01-10-14 05:41 AM
    I've always used Book Reader found in Blackberry World. I just purchased a new Playbook and was worried I'd have a problem putting books I purchased a few years ago on the new Playbook. Logged into the sites where I purchased my books, went to the books purchased section and presto, not carrying multiple books around anymore.
    In Book Reader you must go in the security file on the Playbook, tap Application Permissions, and in Permission Details, allow the app to access files to the Playbook. When I'm done I turn that function off when not using it. Hope this helps you find books you already purchased.
    01-10-14 07:36 AM