So today I was using OS 2 on my Playbook since I switch quite a lot between the beta and official(can't make up my mind), and I noticed that the camera app wasn't working, so I restarted the Playbook. Just as soon as it got to the home screen, it restarted again by itself, and I waited for.

Then, I noticed that the boot screen was different and when it started up, it was on OS 1.0.8. It downgraded by itself! All my apps were still there, and all the OS 1 features were there, even the stock wallpaper.

How could this have happened, it didn't even download OS 1, since I wasn't connected to wifi.

I've security wiped it and am updating to OS 2 again to see if it works properly now, but anyone have an idea why that happened?
    01-03-12 08:46 PM
    Had you rooted it? I noticed on the rooting posts that the Playbook has two OS so that if the primary os fails a security check at boot, it will fall back to the previous OS.

If you haven't rooted, there may have been an error in the protected part of the file system.
    01-03-12 09:52 PM
    This happened to me as well, and several other I think. No insight into why.

The good news is that when I re-upgraded to 2.0, all my apps were still there. Including Android apps that I had previously loaded under 2.0.
    01-03-12 09:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD