Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 65
  1. Nikeem24's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    250 Posts
    PIN
    it on my patnaz....
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default WAS THAT THE PLAYBOOK?!(Double Take)

    Check out this video, at 0:02 I think the cartoon Will.I.Am is holding the playbook:



    I mean Kevin may have not been totally right about the Playbook having its on Super Bowl commercial, but it sure did get 2-3secs of fame(If that was it). What do you guys think? --->*This is just for those who are interested*<---

    I'm not talking about advertisement, just pointing out somebody had the time, effort and Blackberry in thought to throw in in a nonbranded Playbook in there commercial. Who cares if its Computer generated, its there. This thread is for FUN purposes, thats it....
    Last edited by Dreadz24; 02-08-2011 at 08:20 AM.
    "Active: Playbook+Bold Touch 9930"
    Retired: Pearl 8100, Curve 8320, Curve 8900, Bold 9000, Storm 9530, Storm 2 9550, Bold 9650
    Follow @Fr3shSwag

    QNX "Our OS can run your OS"
  2. IchigoMochi's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    395 Posts
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    #2  

    Default

    Wow, that really does look at it. I saw the commercial on TV and I didn't notice at all. It has the speakers in the right places and I think I might be able to see the front-facing camera too.
  3. kb5zht's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,896 Posts
    #3  

    Default

    I think that was a generic tablet, there wasn't any blackberry logo on it. I thing the idea was just to show a way of using the website, which is via tablets.

    There have been other theories of seeing the playbook here or there off to the side, but I don't think what they were seeing was the playbook either. If you are going to advertise a new product you don't disquise it as a split-second side note and hope the audience diciphers and decodes the commercial to "discover" it. Commercials throw it in your phase amongst all sorts of visual imagery to spotlight it, not hide it.

    We may even have to face the prospect that the playbook won't be advertised at all, it very little. While that seems counterintuitive, ask yourself- how much does RIM advertise its products, in comparison with apple for example?

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  4. samjudy2000's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    43 Posts
    #4  

    Default

    While it wasn't branded as the Playbook there is a good chance that is what it was. The Black Eyed Peas particularly Will Iam is a known Blackberry fan and they have used the Playbook in one of their new music videos where it is shown relatively close up and branded Blackberry
  5. 67Tucker's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    876 Posts
    #5  

    Default

    Please just stop with the cartoon Playbook theory. Absolutely no one on earth that doesn't frequent this site would have any idea of what you're talking about, so guess what? It doesn't matter!
    Thanked by 3:
    alby4ever (02-07-2011),  howarmat (02-07-2011),  ylefrancois (02-08-2011) 
  6. barrist's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,229 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,233 Global Posts
    #6  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 67Tucker View Post
    Please just stop with the cartoon Playbook theory. Absolutely no one on earth that doesn't frequent this site would have any idea of what you're talking about, so guess what? It doesn't matter!
    Agreed.

    even if it was a Playbook, noone but us would even recognize it. RIM dropped the ball in this instance, I think it should have did something at the Superbowl to at least tease the Playbook.

    Oh well, at least it didn't set itself BACK like Motorola did.
  7. rbenjami's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    440 Posts
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    #7  

    Default

    Why on earth would we all want BB to advertise the PB? So we can wait in long lines to get one? So we can deal with it being backordered? Really. Think about it. My bet is that they probably will have some lingering issues at launch and will do a "soft launch" until they get everything cleaned up in OS update 3, 4 or 5.
  8. 67Tucker's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    876 Posts
    #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rbenjamin View Post
    Why on earth would we all want BB to advertise the PB? So we can wait in long lines to get one? So we can deal with it being backordered? Really. Think about it. My bet is that they probably will have some lingering issues at launch and will do a "soft launch" until they get everything cleaned up in OS update 3, 4 or 5.
    I don't really think that you're going to have to worry about long lines, advertising or not. You're safe.
  9. Livett's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    196 Posts
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    #9  

    Default

    Unfortunately, even if it was, it's just a cartoon.

    Makes me think a quarter pushback is likely, i mean RIM can't really be this **** at advertising their products can they?
  10. cmsdock's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    84 Posts
    PIN
    216BDE38
    #10  

    Default

    Heck I was willing to camp out in front of best buy to be first in line to get one but its looking like I dont need to worry about that.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  11. BergerKing's Avatar

    Posts
    29,789 Posts
    Global Posts
    30,971 Global Posts
    PIN
    In Semi-retirement
    #11  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 67Tucker View Post
    Please just stop with the cartoon Playbook theory. Absolutely no one on earth that doesn't frequent this site would have any idea of what you're talking about, so guess what? It doesn't matter!
    Gee, almost like many posts we've seen. But then again, the poster has no clue they're irrelevant.

    The PlayBook is making spot appearances, and will continue to do so until it is out in the open. If someone spots something, they're plenty welcome to share even brief experiences.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by BergerKing; 02-07-2011 at 07:40 AM.
  12. Nikeem24's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    250 Posts
    PIN
    it on my patnaz....
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BergerKing View Post
    Gee, almost like many posts we've seen. But then again, the poster has no clue they're irrelevant.

    The PlayBook is making spot appearances, and will continue to do so until it is out in the open. If someone spots something, they're plenty welcome to share even brief experiences.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    And thats all I was trying to do, just share the news that I thought was a little bit interesting. Im not really worried about the negative comments.
    "Active: Playbook+Bold Touch 9930"
    Retired: Pearl 8100, Curve 8320, Curve 8900, Bold 9000, Storm 9530, Storm 2 9550, Bold 9650
    Follow @Fr3shSwag

    QNX "Our OS can run your OS"
  13. kb5zht's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,896 Posts
    #13  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BergerKing View Post
    Gee, almost like many posts we've seen. But then again, the poster has no clue they're irrelevant.

    The PlayBook is making spot appearances, and will continue to do so until it is out in the open. If someone spots something, they're plenty welcome to share even brief experiences.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    They are, but all of them have been consumer shows with a rep and unless the video is uploaded to youtube the public isn't seeing it. Advertising in its most honest form involves getting the message out to millions- for the paltry few that will find out this way won't purchase enough to make this device's R & D worth while.

    I agree with you that it will be hit and miss until they feel they are ready to officially unvail it, but I would council everybody to keep a lid on their expectations.... RIM never has been big on advertising and marketing, when compared to the other big players. This too has contributed to RIM pains and aches.

    Is there any doubt apple has been effective and successful at advertising and marketing? I mean look at the massive cash flow they get from a device that is nothing more than an oversized ipod!

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  14. Nikeem24's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    250 Posts
    PIN
    it on my patnaz....
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #14  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kb5zht View Post
    They are, but all of them have been consumer shows with a rep and unless the video is uploaded to youtube the public isn't seeing it. Advertising in its most honest form involves getting the message out to millions- for the paltry few that will find out this way won't purchase enough to make this device's R & D worth while.

    I agree with you that it will be hit and miss until they feel they are ready to officially unvail it, but I would council everybody to keep a lid on their expectations.... RIM never has been big on advertising and marketing, when compared to the other big players. This too has contributed to RIM pains and aches.

    Is there any doubt apple has been effective and successful at advertising and marketing? I mean look at the massive cash flow they get from a device that is nothing more than an oversized ipod!

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Your right about that. My main reason for this thread was to just share the video I found to anyone interested, nothing more.
    "Active: Playbook+Bold Touch 9930"
    Retired: Pearl 8100, Curve 8320, Curve 8900, Bold 9000, Storm 9530, Storm 2 9550, Bold 9650
    Follow @Fr3shSwag

    QNX "Our OS can run your OS"
  15. BayouBengal21's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    184 Posts
    Global Posts
    185 Global Posts
    PIN
    328689E5
    #15  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 67Tucker View Post
    Please just stop with the cartoon Playbook theory. Absolutely no one on earth that doesn't frequent this site would have any idea of what you're talking about, so guess what? It doesn't matter!
    You must have a sad little life.
    So very true! I'm a firm believer that other platforms are very lacking in the heart and soul of what a phone is..first and foremost a communications device..!as no one is better poised as far as mobile "pure communications" as RIM is this decade to leed with no rival...argue that all you want....it is what it is!

    The above quote was so brilliantly stated by MISSING_K-W
  16. aawilson's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    247 Posts
    Global Posts
    256 Global Posts
    #16  

    Default

    Sorry to be so late to this post, but this is important to me and others, and I can tell without a doubt; Of course that was the Playbook!


    Last edited by aawilson; 02-07-2011 at 11:41 AM.
  17. Nikeem24's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    250 Posts
    PIN
    it on my patnaz....
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #17  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aawilson View Post
    Sorry to be so late to this post, but this is important to me and others, and I can tell without a doubt; Of course that was the Playbook!


    Lol nice........Like I said i just think its real interesting how they thru that in there for like 2 secs. Thinkin we weren't goin to notice, were crackberry addicts. And I also like that pic of Osama Ben"Steve"..
    Last edited by Dreadz24; 02-07-2011 at 11:29 AM.
    "Active: Playbook+Bold Touch 9930"
    Retired: Pearl 8100, Curve 8320, Curve 8900, Bold 9000, Storm 9530, Storm 2 9550, Bold 9650
    Follow @Fr3shSwag

    QNX "Our OS can run your OS"
  18. aawilson's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    247 Posts
    Global Posts
    256 Global Posts
    #18  

    Default

    Yeah cause the screenshots were taken on iPad, I had to make a pro flash statement.
  19. kb5zht's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,896 Posts
    #19  

    Default

    This is starting to sound like Elvis sightings.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  20. aawilson's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    247 Posts
    Global Posts
    256 Global Posts
    #20  

    Default

    Haha good point.
    I think you have a better chance of seeing the real Elvis alive and well in person tomorrow than the real Playbook.
  21. crazy canuck's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    102 Posts
    #21  

    Default

    LOL you guys are funny. will.i.am made reference to Apple in his half time show yesterday.
    BB 7250>8100>8830>9000>Storm1>9630
    >9700>9800>9700>9780>9700
  22. djbtm's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    105 Posts
    PIN
    288082A8
    #22  

    Default

    it was if you find the first commerical you can see william using the storm 1 just doesnt have the bb button but ya its all blackberry stuff just not branded
  23. Rickroller's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,447 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,465 Global Posts
    PIN
    Proud contributer to The Human Fund
    #23  

    Default

    So wait..was that the REAL will.i.am holding a REAL playbook? Or was it a computer generated will.i.am holding a REAL playbook? Or was it just a computer generated toon holding a computer generated playbook? If it was the latter..wth is the point of this thread?
  24. aawilson's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    247 Posts
    Global Posts
    256 Global Posts
    #24  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crazy canuck View Post
    LOL you guys are funny. will.i.am made reference to Apple in his half time show yesterday.
    I think I know what you what you are referring too and he almost certainly was taking about apl.de.ap, the other rapper.

    I wish it was a real Playbook, but this is all CGI. The only time I can refer you to where you can see the real will.i.am holding a real Playbook, like in my avatar, is in the video "The Time (Dirty Bit)", which by the way apl.de.ap in this video says, "Mirror mirror on the wall who's the finest of them all, you know it's got to be an Apple, I'm the Mac daddy ya'll" while you can see the Playbook.
  25. 67Tucker's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    876 Posts
    #25  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BayouBengal21 View Post
    You must have a sad little life.
    Compared to yours, I'm sure that I do.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions