Hey my father has had a playbook for a couple of months now and when he turned it off last night and went to go use it later this morning it wouldn't power up. We have it directly connected to the charger so it is being charged while giving it a boot up. When I go press the power up button the little light, it blinks a red colour .

Any one have any ideas on how to fix the playbook?
    02-20-12 02:25 PM
    Try doing the 3-finger salute first: Volume up + Volume down + Power and hold. If that doesn't work, I would connect it to a PC with Desktop Manager software on it and see if it detects it.
    02-20-12 02:41 PM
    You can also try just pressing and holding the power button for 10-15 seconds.

Also leave it charging for a few hours.

If the priors suggestions do not work come back for DEBRICK instructions.
    02-20-12 03:39 PM
    Couple things to check
    1. take it into a dark quite room. Look to see if the screen has a slight glow. Than press just the volume up and down buttons and listen for it to take a picture. You are checking it see if it is really off or not. If you see a glow or you hear the shutter of a picture being taken the PB is not off. Use a pen and hold down the power button for 15 seconds. This will shut it down.
    2. Wait a minute or two to allow the PB to power all the way down.
    3. Use the pen to hold down the power button for 5 seconds. You should see the red light come on for a second. The PB is booting up. Do nothing for a minute and it should come back to life.
    Hope this helps.
    02-20-12 03:41 PM
    try holding all four buttons on the top for 5 secs to reset it. thats should do it.
    02-20-12 08:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD