My sister who works for RIM got me a Playbook at Christmas for cheap. Sadly, it's a doorstop since I cannot get it to recognise any epub or other files I upload on it. Have the book reader app but it doesn't show me as having any files either. Tired of being laughed at by my Mac friends for buying junk... any ideas?
    05-27-12 04:01 PM
    Talk to your sister. Maybe she can help.

You may also consider talking to a therapist about being laughted at by your Mac friends, if your inferiority complex continues to rise.
    05-27-12 04:21 PM
    Lol! Really?? You can't get it to recognize ANY files?? I can't begin to imagine what the problem is as my pb has recognized every epub (as well as pdf, mp4, jpg, etc.) file I've put on it. Maybe try looking in your file manager? Or maybe reading the pb manual or the available info stickies at the top of the forum for ideas? Perhaps some more specifics about your exact problem would help...besides your pb being a doorstop and your obvious embarrassment I mean....
    05-27-12 04:36 PM
    My sister who works for RIM got me a Playbook at Christmas for cheap. Sadly, it's a doorstop since I cannot get it to recognise any epub or other files I upload on it. Have the book reader app but it doesn't show me as having any files either. Tired of being laughed at by my Mac friends for buying junk... any ideas?
    The stench of rotting troll flesh abounds in the forum. What epubs are you not able to read on the BlackBerry PlayBook? What ebook reader application are you using on the BlackBerry PlayBook?

As the other person said about your inferiority complex...seek professional counselling and avoid a lifetime of misery. Steve Jobs would make Josef Rudolf Mengele proud.
    05-27-12 04:38 PM
    Do they have extensions?

Speaking of trolls and I'm not saying the OP is but are we to expect many coming re laid off or fired disgruntled RIM employees?
    05-27-12 04:43 PM
    Could,do the epub files have a drm?
    05-27-12 05:13 PM
    And if all we're talking about is epubs (which I'm guessing are drm protected), the title of this thread is very misleading- doesn't recognize ANY files. Since you don't have any money invested in it, why not sell or trade it for something else that won't embarrass you? Lol!!!
    05-27-12 06:59 PM
    Try downloading a free epub and see what happens

epubBooks: Free and Bestseller EPUB eBooks
    FF22 likes this.
    05-27-12 07:21 PM
    05-27-12 07:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD