@sunocoz,
    Been there, done that. Multiple times. No luck
    04-19-11 08:38 AM
    I am having the same issue, I rebooted and no luck just some pretty blurry colored lights.
    04-19-11 08:55 AM
    @A7omic,
    Phewwwww...so its not just me.
    Did you open up a ticket with Tech Support? I did raise one yesterday and have not heard back anything
    04-19-11 09:01 AM
    I just registered but the toll free number asks for a program number which I cannot find one yet.

I had to go to a meeting while the update was installing, I never pressed the button to reboot. My wife thinks it rebooted on its own but all I have seen is the circle screen.
    04-19-11 09:09 AM
    Sorry to clarify, I never tapped the screen to reboot after the update. I did however use the button later to reboot.
    04-19-11 09:10 AM
    I'm in the same boat. I did the OTA install and when it rebooted it never came back. I've done numerous reboots with the power button. About to call and see what they say. It's discouraging to have spent money on it and it's basically a nice paper weight right now.
    04-19-11 09:13 AM
    @mapvt
    Did you tap the screen to reboot after the update or was the only way for you to restart to use the power button?
    04-19-11 09:21 AM
    @mapvt
    Did you tap the screen to reboot after the update or was the only way for you to restart to use the power button?
    I went to hit the button, but wasn't fast enough. It rebooted on its on.

Maybe that's the issue that I didn't manually hit the botton?
    04-19-11 09:24 AM
    I'm in the same boat. I did the OTA install and when it rebooted it never came back. I've done numerous reboots with the power button. About to call and see what they say. It's discouraging to have spent money on it and it's basically a nice paper weight right now.
    Same issue here.

Don't suggest anyone that OTAs to 1690 resets their device.

On the phone with support. Trying some things with DM.
    04-19-11 09:27 AM
    Called the 1 877 number a couple of minutes ago. They asked me to reboot the device by holding the power button down PLUS both the Up and Down volume buttons.
    Gonna try that right now and update this once I have some news
    04-19-11 09:28 AM
    Just as some offsetting good news, mine updated without a hitch, restarted itself after the update and is humming along nicely!

My sympathies, though, to those who are not having a great experience out of the gate.
    04-19-11 09:30 AM
    i've been on phone with them for 2hrs this morning

now updating software thru desktop manager...downloading seems like i'm on 56k..
    probably take about another hr to download..fml
    04-19-11 09:32 AM
    I'm on the phone also and having a hard time just getting through to the "main" tech support people. The lady keeps saying I didn't register, but I'm reading her the email from their support sign up.

I was so excited, but this has just turned into a headache....but at least I'm not alone I guess? Sorry to everyone in our situation!
    04-19-11 09:33 AM
    Those with issues do you have the version with the flat or raised power button?

Wondering if it might be due to different hardware revisions....
    04-19-11 09:37 AM
    I am not stressing too much about this, just some glitches which can be expected with a new product no matter how much QA has been perform.......I am now on hold with support.
    04-19-11 09:37 AM
    Mine is flush.
    04-19-11 09:40 AM
    ok this is bad....my playbook froze while i was doing something..so i held down the power button to reset..and now

all i get is the blackberry playbook screen with the circle screen
    04-19-11 09:41 AM
    @A7omic,
    I think that most people will stress and fret over this. With all the competition around RIM needed to make sure that the first impression of their Tablet is near-perfect if not 100%. They needed to go the simple route rather than letting people upgrade over WiFi without even letting them play with the device first. This tells me that this is a rushed product, without a lot of thinking behind it. Unfortunately, RIM is simply playing catch-up here.

I do hope, though, that these issues are resolved quickly and efficiently for everyone. By the way, I would have expected an FAQ of sorts from RIM itself on expected Setup glitches.
    04-19-11 09:42 AM
    installing now thru desktop manager...will let you know soon
    04-19-11 09:44 AM
    Just as some offsetting good news, mine updated without a hitch, restarted itself after the update and is humming along nicely!

My sympathies, though, to those who are not having a great experience out of the gate.
    Mine reset after the initial update fine - was using it for about an hour. Held the power button, shut down/reset screen. Choose reset and it has been at the boot screen with the logo and colors since.
    04-19-11 09:44 AM
    @kp613,
    Which version of Desktop Manager do you have? Is it 6.0.2.42 (BUNDLE 43)?
    Mine does not even recognize the PlayBook since the device is always in restarting mode
    04-19-11 09:49 AM
    working perfect now!!!
    04-19-11 09:51 AM
    what you do??
    04-19-11 09:53 AM
    i powered off the device, then plugged into desktop manager, once it turned on it came up with error msg on desktop manager, i clicked update, and waited..
    and yes, that is the version i have
    jkrist likes this.
    04-19-11 09:53 AM
    I can't get to a technical service person. The lady keeps telling me that my serial number isn't valid and I've read her every number off the box.
    Then she says "well look at the back of the playbook for the number...." My response was "Have you ever seen the back of a playbook."

I really hope some answers come soon.
    04-19-11 09:55 AM
152 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD