while at my sons bus stop playing a pumpkin carving app,.... the whole OS went black.. except for the minimized browser. gestures still worked. I could bring the browser in and out of fram, and I could pull down the settings configurations.... but it wasn't like annnnny thing I've ever heard of or seen before... I didn't reboot.. just walked 10 feet in a diff direction, and poof, it all came back just fine, as it was before...

"things that make you go hmmmmm?" moment....

but there has been weird electrical failures today, and the cell towers wernt able to connect to my wifi hot spot... even after doing all the standard rebooting of the network n such,....the the power went out for 3 secs just outta the blue...

its a gorgeous clear blue sky in Houston today, so not weather related....

maybe solar flare .. on oct 22 there was a big solar burst....I do not know, its crazy..freakin halloween, full moon, and....... probably all caused by the new surface tablet release....rofl jk
    10-29-12 04:42 PM
    You encountered a RIMISM. An unusual event that RIM devices do for no real good reason and no explanation is ever found. Like Area 51 for BlackBerry.
    Glad skies are beautiful in Houston I have a real rotten sky named Sandy over Baltimore.
    Marty_LK and BB_Bmore like this.
    10-29-12 04:46 PM
    .... sudden power usage drops or surges elsewhere can cause the systems elsewhere (even 1k plus away) to fail !! Houston is very very likely connected to the east coast grid !
    10-29-12 04:58 PM
    You encountered a RIMISM. An unusual event that RIM devices do for no real good reason and no explanation is ever found. Like Area 51 for BlackBerry.
    Glad skies are beautiful in Houston I have a real rotten sky named Sandy over Baltimore.
    wow that's actually cool!!! haha like seeing a ufo! haha I gotnto witness a rare rim phenom! haha I hope its brings some good luck! haha

why's it called a RIMISM?
    10-29-12 05:44 PM
    wow that's actually cool!!! haha like seeing a ufo! haha I gotnto witness a rare rim phenom! haha I hope its brings some good luck! haha

why's it called a RIMISM?
    I think it was a joke. It's also not that rare, lol.
    modine likes this.
    10-29-12 05:46 PM
    .... sudden power usage drops or surges elsewhere can cause the systems elsewhere (even 1k plus away) to fail !! Houston is very very likely connected to the east coast grid !
    frankenstorm? + solar radiation and electromagnetic fluxes ( like isvible energy fields)..., that isnalso the definition of a spirit, or ghost! maybe these r the final days , lol....,

rimism, lol that's gonna be my new excuse now instead of PMS. lol
    10-29-12 05:49 PM
    Your playbook was probably drooling on the sexy galaxy tab that your neighbour was showing off. He is a male...
    10-29-12 06:13 PM
    Your playbook was probably drooling on the sexy galaxy tab that your neighbour was showing off. He is a male...
    lol
    10-30-12 05:28 AM
    a pic of it I caught...as it was sliding out of view, and got stuck like this
    playbook did something wild this morning!!!-uploadfromtaptalk1351593037333.jpg
    10-30-12 05:31 AM
    It was probably SOMEONE from CB driving by with his SUPER-MAGNET engaged!!!! LoL!!!
    10-30-12 08:05 AM
    a pic of it I caught...as it was sliding out of view, and got stuck like this
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1351593037333.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	9.6 KB 
ID:	124200
    At least you have photographic evidence unlike the UFO claims. Did you call Agents Mulder and Scully?
    10-30-12 08:15 AM
    Given that you are in Texas I think you should take this problem to the Sam Houston Institute of Technology. Better known by its initials.
    DC506 and Tha.Housewife like this.
    10-30-12 08:21 AM
    Aliens are spying on us through the playbook ...
    Tha.Housewife likes this.
    10-30-12 09:40 AM
    Loose pumpkin seeds inside your Playbook?????
    Tha.Housewife likes this.
    10-30-12 03:14 PM
    Must be the UI process crash bug.. But I didn't know it can recover by itself..
    10-30-12 09:30 PM
    Must be the UI process crash bug.. But I didn't know it can recover by itself..
    yeah, that was the wildest part. I gues when I started walkin the the gyroscore fliped the screen and reset the ui,,, the pumpkin seeds coulda been a good guss too, lol.
    10-31-12 11:37 AM
    I have had this happen a couple of times (usually on beta). Its very strange when the keyboard "image" stays up as well when the keyboard is no longer present. It usually is the UI freezing up either partially or choking on a process before it spits it out and keeps running. In extreme cases you just need a reboot.
    10-31-12 11:43 AM
    I have had this happen a couple of times (usually on beta). Its very strange when the keyboard "image" stays up as well when the keyboard is no longer present. It usually is the UI freezing up either partially or choking on a process before it spits it out and keeps running. In extreme cases you just need a reboot.
    yeah I reboot now 4-6 times a day. I do however have over 1,000 music files on here...being a dj, and not playbook not having a usb otg is suckkking .
    10-31-12 03:44 PM
    ang just a bout a gig of free space... uuuh come on rim...give us usb otg, or sumthin
    10-31-12 03:46 PM