So, according to the email from BB, this is going to be a session at DevCon:

BlackBerry� PlayBook� tablet OS development, including Native SDK, Adobe� AIR�, Adobe� Flash� and Android Player

So, from this do you think we can expect a major update to the OS during or soon after DevCon? Speculation on this? Confirmation? What do you think this means?
    08-23-11 03:51 PM
    I hope it's before, I'm greedy!
    08-23-11 03:54 PM
    Deliver RIM...no more promises...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-11 04:53 PM
    Ronen Halevy from berryreview.com interviewed him and Ronen mentioned that M Kirkup was "giddy" in reference to what RIM was going to bring to the table!
    No doubt testing out the laughing gas. One more vague promise of SWEET, GREAT, PROFESSIONAL things to come.

I love the term: deliverables!

"Deliverable is a term used in project management to describe a tangible or intangible object produced as a result of the project that is intended to be delivered to a customer "

Intangible probably defines this one along with the others we are still waiting for.
    08-23-11 06:10 PM
    I think that we will see all of this stuff around "late fall" which is what the Engadget rumor about the android player said. This was denied by Kevin but now this timing is somehow no longer considered a delay but part of a plan to relaunch Playbook.

My guess is some number of weeks before Black Friday so RIM can gear up for the Christmas shopping season and promote a fully functioning tablet with (hopefully) good reviews.
    08-23-11 06:33 PM
    I wonder if we'll see some of the features seen working more than 6 months ago...

The last update brought us portrait photo viewing, take a look at this video from 6 months ago and you'll be saying 'Wtf"???

08-23-11 06:40 PM
    I wonder if we'll see some of the features seen working more than 6 months ago...

The last update brought us portrait photo viewing, take a look at this video from 6 months ago and you'll be saying 'Wtf"???

No doubt! And what about the video of the 4 guys (I think possibly CB members) playing multiplayer quake?? What's going on? Few months later and not a sign of these????

08-23-11 06:47 PM
    I hope they don't just release these tangibles to developers for testing after DevCon and then make consumers wait months before it's ready. That would be a shame.
    08-23-11 07:26 PM
    when is DEVCON?
    08-23-11 07:27 PM
    How about release the NDK at least a month before Devcon, then use Devcon for sessions on the NDK so that when developers get there they will have a months worth of play time to get the most out of the sessions?!?! No that makes too much sense. They announced the Playbook last year with a Q1 delivery time and we know how that turned out, and even missing the window gave reviewers a horrible build of software that was quickly fixed. Sorry but the two guys running the show have burnt through their credibility so no matter what they say I'm inclined not to trust it.
    08-23-11 08:14 PM
    Mike Kirkup. RIM’s Senior Director of Global Developer Relations mentioned that RIM was coming packed with "deliverable's" at DevCon.
    At their last conference, didn't everyone that attended get delivered a free playbook while the one's that bought one got _ _ _ _ _ _
    08-24-11 12:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD