With an abandon product, I wonder what the impact will be where play books had already been deployed? Police force, government, hospitals, warehouses.....

Posted via CB10
    07-10-13 11:24 PM
    chances are it wont matter. If the already use it then what they are using it for will still work. But will all tech it gets replaced so if they need new tablets then obviously they arent going to replace their playbooks with more playbooks. They will look elsewhere probably
    07-10-13 11:27 PM
    chances are it wont matter. If the already use it then what they are using it for will still work. But will all tech it gets replaced so if they need new tablets then obviously they arent going to replace their playbooks with more playbooks. They will look elsewhere probably
    And if they wait FIVE YEARS they won't find any tablets!
    dmlis and the_real_mikeyb like this.
    07-10-13 11:49 PM
    Some might have invested in custom apps and infrastructure. They would have invested a lot in the selection and deployment of tablets. It is not that simple to switch. It may leave a bad taste in their mouths. Not good for BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    07-11-13 12:31 AM
    Lets just hope they will continue to update the OS at least.
    07-11-13 12:50 AM
    Play book owners have been hoping for the past two years. BB needs to take action now or their loyal customers will turn and feed them to the sharks.

Posted from my ??????
    07-12-13 12:06 AM
    It hasn't changed my company's views or feelings on PB yet and since our PBs are still working well for us, we'll continue to use them. One of the hospitals in a town nearby uses PBs and I asked a doctor from my church that practices there what their plans were and he said they plan to continue their use at this time as they were still filling their needs. I doubt many businesses will do anything immediately, as long as the PBs continue to work for them.
    07-12-13 01:22 AM
    One of our subcontractors issued (around) 20 PlayBook tablets to their key personnel for inspection purposes... more than 6 months ago...

Recently, I've seen one of their inspector using Galaxy Note 8 for the same purposes...

And the Sr. Engineer that proposed to use the PlayBook was fired... not sure if it is related to his recommendation of using PlayBook tablet... or something else... just saying only...

Posted via Z10
    07-12-13 02:25 AM
    One of our subcontractors issued (around) 20 PlayBook tablets to their key personnel for inspection purposes... more than 6 months ago...

Recently, I've seen one of their inspector using Galaxy Note 8 for the same purposes...

And the Sr. Engineer that proposed to use the PlayBook was fired... not sure if it is related to his recommendation of using PlayBook tablet... or something else... just saying only...

Posted via Z10
    07-12-13 07:41 AM

Posted via Z10
    That would suck if he was fired for recommending the PlayBook.
    07-12-13 07:46 AM

Posted via Z10
    Oh no! That's horrible! Hope it wasn't because of the PB! Otherwise this guy would really have a grudge on Thor!

Good to know that there are businesses using the PB though!

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 10:37 AM
    Oh no! That's horrible! Hope it wasn't because of the PB! Otherwise this guy would really have a grudge on Thor!

Good to know that there are businesses using the PB though!

Posted via CB10
    This is great news, that guy might take the Thornyass beeatch out! A hope is better than no hope with that that beeatch about. *****.
    07-12-13 05:39 PM
    Come on guys, at least tell your stories in a way that makes it plausible. If you really want to know what is going to happen next, just look at companies that still use Windows XP systems, or iMAC G3 systems, or Fujitsu C500 Stylistic systems.
    07-13-13 11:25 AM