I am at Best Buy Kitchener posting this from a Playbook. A rep from Rim is onsite till 6pm today and from 11 to 6 tomorrow. Get down here and check it out if you can, its AWESOME!!!
    04-02-11 12:12 PM
    Are there any other Best Buys that are showing the PlayBook?

How does the PlayBook feel, try out different apps and tell what you think. Especially the browser.
    04-02-11 12:17 PM
    It feels great. It looks great. The screen is beautiful. The browser is awesome. The thing is responsive. I cannot wait for the 19th to actually get mine.

The transition from landscae to portrait works great.

As for more locations, Future Shop on Ottawa and the one by Conestoga Mall are also doing demos. Conestoga location today, Ottawa St (Sunrise Centre) tomorrow.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-11 12:37 PM
    It feels great. It looks great. The screen is beautiful. The browser is awesome. The thing is responsive. I cannot wait for the 19th to actually get mine.

The transition from landscae to portrait works great.

As for more locations, Future Shop on Ottawa and the one by Conestoga Mall are also doing demos. Conestoga location today, Ottawa St (Sunrise Centre) tomorrow.

Anything in Toronto?
    04-02-11 12:39 PM
    Nothing in the Toronto today but she has my contact info and will keep me updated. I will post locations of demos as I find out about them.
    04-02-11 12:49 PM
    Nothing in the Toronto today but she has my contact info and will keep me updated. I will post locations of demos as I find out about them.
    Mother f-er. cmon bestbuy USA get freaking demos!!!!
    04-02-11 12:52 PM
    Can you test out the video chat? Or ask if its up to carriers to charge for tethering?
    Thanks! Lucky you get to play with one!
    04-02-11 12:56 PM
    find out what software release (build number) is on it
    04-02-11 12:58 PM
    Damn i wish theyd demo one in Calgary. Glad you got a hands on.
    04-02-11 01:00 PM
    Can you test out the video chat? Or ask if its up to carriers to charge for tethering?
    Thanks! Lucky you get to play with one!
    Didn't try out video chat, line up of people to try it out. And yes, tethering charges are carrier dependant.

Also, tethering and bridge do work simultaneously.its not one or the other.

04-02-11 01:00 PM
    Thanks Cozmik! Great info. Thanks for the picture too. This sounds dumb but I'm loving the icons. It's looking more and more polished everytime I see it.
    04-02-11 01:01 PM
    find out what software release (build number) is on it

04-02-11 01:02 PM

go to languages and find out how many it support please!
    04-02-11 01:05 PM
    check the gmail/google icon and see if it is a launch or an app? please and thank you
    04-02-11 01:07 PM
    Also, tethering and bridge do work simultaneously.its not one or the other.
    Based on the latest PodCast here on Crackberry, this is NOT the case for CDMA networks. If you're on CDMA (Verizon), you cannot tether and bridge simultaneously. Is it possible for you to verify this?
    04-02-11 01:09 PM
    Based on the latest PodCast here on Crackberry, this is NOT the case for CDMA networks. If you're on CDMA (Verizon), you cannot tether and bridge simultaneously. Is it possible for you to verify this?
    what for real? i can see not being able to be on a call and use tether but why would you not be able to tether and use bridge at the same time on CDMA? that would seriously be a huge drawback.
    04-02-11 01:14 PM
    No because he can't download the BlackBerry bridge application. I can testify that yesterday I emailed someone about a delayed call-back and they called and when the call was over all of a sudden their email response came in as soon as i hung up, showing it couldn't come through until the call was over. So tethering using your CDMA blackberry internet would make the emails on Bridge not able to send until the tether connection was broken.
    04-02-11 01:15 PM
    No because he can't download the BlackBerry bridge application. I can testify that yesterday I emailed someone about a delayed call-back and they called and when the call was over all of a sudden their email response came in as soon as i hung up, showing it couldn't come through until the call was over. So tethering using your CDMA blackberry internet would make the emails on Bridge not able to send until the tether connection was broken.

That is basic limitations of CDMA. You cannot use voice and data simultaneously. I cant see why bridge wouldnt work while making a call, but you would not be able to tether while on a phone call on cdma due to its limitations
    04-02-11 01:24 PM
    I have left the store, but the RIM rep has asked me to go back and assist tomorrow. So, post here whatever questions you have and I will try to get answers to as many as I can while I'm there. Dsquared, I will find out about languages for you tomorrow.

loriov and robertyhn like this.
    04-02-11 01:29 PM
    That is basic limitations of CDMA. You cannot use voice and data simultaneously. I cant see why bridge wouldnt work while making a call, but you would not be able to tether while on a phone call on cdma due to its limitations
    It would work, just no emails or anything to do with data usage would work on the Bridge side of things when tethered for internet also
    04-02-11 01:30 PM
    I have left the store, but the RIM rep has asked me to go back and assist tomorrow. So, post here whatever questions you have and I will try to get answers to as many as I can while I'm there. Dsquared, I will find out about languages for you tomorrow.

youre the best

1.) any details on BBM video

2.) Lock screen(pattern? words? facial recognition? numbers?) and reboot screen

3.) go by the iPad2 in the store and do some real internet tests
    04-02-11 01:31 PM
    It would work, just no emails or anything to do with data usage would work on the Bridge side of things when tethered for internet also
    so if you are tethering then the BB cant use data for anything?
    04-02-11 01:35 PM
    Exactly, on CDMA networks only. GSM is fine

as i said, while i was on a call nothing and the instant i hung up the emails came through.

at least that's what the crew at CB said on the podcast and my experience with the call seems to be similar. but we'll see in two weeks....
    04-02-11 01:39 PM
    when using CDMA, Voice and Data cannot be used at the same time. Whether data is tethering or sending an email via bridge, its not going to work while on a phone call.

Other than that, i cant see why thethering and bridge wouldnt work together specifically for cdma
    04-02-11 01:40 PM
    when using CDMA, Voice and Data cannot be used at the same time. Whether data is tethering or sending an email via bridge, its not going to work while on a phone call.

Other than that, i cant see why thethering and bridge wouldnt work together specifically for cdma
    yeah im getting more confused once i think about it even more.....
    04-02-11 01:41 PM
258 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD