I own three PlayBooks and it's hard to identify whose is whose when they are lying close together.

I use Blurex/Acase/Icon carbon click style cases, so the edges are mostly visible.

What would really help is some super thin decorative edge surround material that would simply style the outer edge, similar to an iPhone bumper case, only thinner as it's decorative not protective.

Then I could leave mine black, put a purple bumper on my wife's and a pink one on my daughter's :-D

If you know of something like this, please pass it on!
    Last edited by sagec; 02-01-12 at 07:19 PM.
    02-01-12 06:17 PM
    We use different color silicone cases (these dudes) to keep track of the two we have. I can see it being a problem if you have significantly more and might suggest those round color stickers you can purchase from the office department of Walmart. Not sure of their name, but one in the corner of each 'book might help.

I don't know if a "bumper" would feel right in the hands. I've never handled one on an iPhone so I don't actually have any experience either.
    02-01-12 06:38 PM
    I'm considering finger nail polish at this point...
    02-01-12 07:48 PM
    02-01-12 11:09 PM
    As near as I can tell, those cover everything but the edges. Thanks though.
    02-01-12 11:47 PM
    some cute (but busy) designs.
    Seems like it would be hard to mangage when you actually open a website or app.
    would be cute if smaller, maybe.
    02-02-12 01:01 AM
    Looks like I found something that would work, but it's pricey and requires patience:

Phantom Skinz Chromatics for BlackBerry Playbook- Colored Protection Film, Cases, Covers
    02-02-12 09:36 AM
    Anyone using any of these? I tried a "stick on" cover for my old Curve for a while. But when I got bored of it and pealed it off, it took off a lot of the black painted areas, most notably the area above the screen where the BlackBerry logo was, and now it looks like a stolen phone.

I'm just worried about sticking anything to my PlayBook that I might want to remove later and how that will effect the finish.
    02-02-12 10:00 AM
    Looks like I found something that would work, but it's pricey and requires patience:

Phantom Skinz Chromatics for BlackBerry Playbook- Colored Protection Film, Cases, Covers
    Those look a lot like the "Ghost Armor" skins - http://www.ghost-armor.com/BlackBerry/587.html - which might be another option for you. I know, locally, we have a Ghost Armor booth at the mall and they install for you. Don't know about Phantom Skinz. The price seems comparable, anyone using Phantom Skinz?
    Last edited by TerribleTim68; 02-02-12 at 10:05 AM.
    02-02-12 10:02 AM
    Too bad there's not just a really thin gel skin available. These decals are so costly and time consuming.
    03-01-12 07:49 AM
    Blackberry's own skins are thin enough...I am using one now.
    03-01-12 08:03 AM
    Blackberry's own skins are thin enough...I am using one now.
    Thin enough to be used within a Blurex style case? If so, can you point me to where you get a skin like yours?

Thanks.
    03-06-12 12:41 PM
    I have no idea, I have never seen a Blurex case.....
    03-06-12 02:10 PM
    I have no idea, I have never seen a Blurex case.....
    Oh my mistake. I thought you were replying to my original question when you said "thin enough".
    03-06-12 03:27 PM
    Before you go the nail polish route, you could try the tape from a ptouch type label maker. Some make a few designs and it is easy to change later.
    03-06-12 03:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD