OK, so cant decide on whether to get a playbook so hoping someone could help Have gone through loads of reviews/videos/threads so I kinda know what to expect.

i own an online store here in Ireland and went a bit mobile device crazy in the last year. Going from BB 9000 to 9700 to 9800 to HTC Desire HD to Galaxy S II back now to BB 9900(what a phone!!). Have a touchpad and Pre 3 and spent a few days playing with the 2 devices paired and found the interface pretty good despite lack of apps .... Using an Acer Iconia Tab as a tablet at the moment, figured all comms stuff can be done on BB and browsing/media/entertainment can be done on android.

Now if only there were a tablet device with WebOS like interface and still be able to download android apps Only gripe I have with the PB which i can see is 1024X600 and 7 inch screen which kinda bugged me when I used to use a netbook i.e too much scrolling. How is everyone finding browsing on this res? Does the pb need overclocking?(if possible?) to be really smooth, is the lag on bb bridge bearable?

So question is, is it worth going for a pb now or wait for the 10.1 version which will be a long wait. Thought I had finally settled down with BB phone and Android Tablet but getting itchy now the more I read this forum I'm more a business user but like any techie consumer I want a tablet/Phone that does everything

Stick with Android Tab or take the plunge and get a pb ....... apologies for the long post but interested to see what u guys think, Thanks!!
    09-20-11 07:04 PM
    Based on your BB device history, you will not regret having a PB
    There is no need to overclock (is it even possible on a RIM device?), as there is no lag (that I have encountered at the least)
    Do you like multitasking, well you can't go wrong here. Launch a youtube vid, minimize the screen, open another browser or 2 and the youtube vid is still playing smooth!!!
    Screen res is amazingly sharp! 7inch screen, heck I didn't even notice
    I can browse the web all day long with this bad boy...
    09-20-11 07:21 PM
    I think since you have all those other toys you need a playbook too!
    09-20-11 07:30 PM
    That could be the real decider there ... smooooth multitasking, I can say that I have yet to experience completely smooth multitasking on the android or webos tablets (Webos fairing slightly better) and both devices over clocked to 1.5GHz, HP really messed up on that one considering its a native OS.

Saying that you would expect the PB to be very smooth considering all other BB devices. +1 for pb purchase
    09-20-11 07:32 PM
    SumthinNew sumarized most strengths of the PlayBook. As you mention based on reviews etc. you know what to expect. In my case the reviwes kept me ayway from PB, and finily when decided to "jump in the dark" I had many conciderations. Never regret and love PB

It sounds to me most important is to figure it out how good fit to you is 7" tablet. In case you are more on 10" size tablet PB might not be that great choice for you.
    (For me leading was the size of the tablet, I wanted 7 inch one, and PB I believe is the best in its class)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-20-11 08:12 PM
    OK, so cant decide on whether to get a playbook so hoping someone could help Have gone through loads of reviews/videos/threads so I kinda know what to expect.

i own an online store here in Ireland and went a bit mobile device crazy in the last year. Going from BB 9000 to 9700 to 9800 to HTC Desire HD to Galaxy S II back now to BB 9900(what a phone!!). Have a touchpad and Pre 3 and spent a few days playing with the 2 devices paired and found the interface pretty good despite lack of apps .... Using an Acer Iconia Tab as a tablet at the moment, figured all comms stuff can be done on BB and browsing/media/entertainment can be done on android.

Now if only there were a tablet device with WebOS like interface and still be able to download android apps Only gripe I have with the PB which i can see is 1024X600 and 7 inch screen which kinda bugged me when I used to use a netbook i.e too much scrolling. How is everyone finding browsing on this res? Does the pb need overclocking?(if possible?) to be really smooth, is the lag on bb bridge bearable?

So question is, is it worth going for a pb now or wait for the 10.1 version which will be a long wait. Thought I had finally settled down with BB phone and Android Tablet but getting itchy now the more I read this forum I'm more a business user but like any techie consumer I want a tablet/Phone that does everything

Stick with Android Tab or take the plunge and get a pb ....... apologies for the long post but interested to see what u guys think, Thanks!!
    I find that the sharp crisp high res display makes the small screen a non issue - you just hold it closer to your face than you might a ten inch..or if that's a problem use the HDMI out to a larger display.

I've compared them side by side - nothing beats the PB for contrast and clarity.
    You will love it.

The browser is really smooth and fluid.
    09-20-11 08:19 PM
    I have to say that I would need reading glasses for a 10 inch also and using my reading glasses it's not bad at all.
    09-20-11 08:23 PM
    Lol sitting here trying to visualize a 7 inch with and archos 5 and touchpad next to each other

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-20-11 08:29 PM
    Personally i've never used an android tablet for long. I've been working with my PB for about a month now and I dont really regret it. Its small yet a powerful device. I love the screen resolution, multitasking in it.. the Flash support.. its really a good device.

Those BB owners have a little advantage with a PB because of the Bridge... Makes the experience more unique.
    09-20-11 09:15 PM
    The ability to bridge the device is worth it to me.
    09-20-11 09:15 PM
    If you own a BB phone (which you said you do) then go for it. The big update with native PIM and the Android player are coming soon. So you'll have the benefit of additional apps that might be lacking for you right now in App World.

I've had mine since launch and I really like the size. In landscape mode, it's like a 10" tab but shorter. Scrolling in the browser is sooooo smooth and responsive that you don't even notice. I take mime everywhere because the size is so convenient. A 10" tab seems too big and cumbersome. Even though there is more screen real estate, I wouldn't feel as comfortable carrying around anything bigger than my Playbook. I can carry it in one hand. The screen resolution and clarity are outstanding. Even the speakers are quite good. RIM is the only tablet maker who had the sense to make the speakers face front and they added surround sound simulation.

For me, the bridge is the best part. I get notifications right on my Playbook. Most net-enabled apps can now connect via the bridge. If you're not in a wifi area, you can still be fully connected via the phone. And you can do all of this without needing an additional tethering or separate data plan. You simply pay for your normal BB plan for your phone and bridge the two together.

The operating system still has some growing to do, but RIM seems committed to this. As it is right now, it's much more of a productivity device than anything else that's out there. With the coming updates, it's just going to get better.
    09-20-11 09:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD