- CrackBerry Newbie
- 1 Posts
Playbook is crazy glitchy - App world won't start OS2
So maybe i'm just unfamiliar with the world of blackberry (Brand new sealed in box from boxing week), but I have the following glitches / problems;
1. Playbook usually takes upwards of 20 minutes to start (sometimes 2+ hours - in that case it seems to need to reboot) Yes I have tried regular power off AND hard resets
2. Once I can finally get it started I cannot launch app world, it just spins as if loading (but it's not) again no amount of waiting helps
-Yes I have tried alternate connections (WiFi, Bluetooth, tethering)
3. Documents to go, will only SOMETIMES launch, and when it does; i try to open a document (some of which were typed ON the playbook) and everything closes immediately
-My first instinct was that maybe i need to update this app? HOW? NO APP WORLD
4. I can barely get the playbook to connect to a computer, but again once I succeed; no amount of restoring / updating will do me any good
-At one point I got everything working again on an older OS - of course it alerted me over, and over that I needed to update to the newest OS; So when I did
BAM doesn't work again!
For the most part everything else works (Internet browsing / streaming, music, video)
OH also, Facebook wont load anyone's profile picture, but every other photo will load. AND WiFi passwords refuse to save, even if no reboot is performed
Seems like I've tried everything logical other than RETURNING the darn thing - Any miraculous suggestions? This doesn't seem normal for any device. Should I just return it?
- 01-02-13, 07:31 PM #2
Okay sorry to hear your having problems let me try to help with what I can, Appworld will only connect using wifi, bluetooth won't work and by tethering do you mean using your phones mobile hotspot?
The PlayBook as of the latest OS generally takes about 2 minutes and 40 seconds to boot typically. This will very but it should never be more than a few minutes.
With everything else you have going on it seems only logical that your update was corrupt. When you restore your OS you do wipe beforehand correct?
I once had problems tinkering with a beta OS (I think it was 18.104.22.1680) Were as I was getting a little too many errors, bugs going on and it took a few trys messing with different OS's and such, before I finally got the PlayBook running smoothly again. I recommend updating and running the PlayBook before the restore to see if the errors still occur. If they don't, then maybe the problem is in the backup file.
- 01-02-13, 08:34 PM #3
Try the Debrick method....
Perform a backup of your pb if you can using Desktop Manager or, at least, manually coping any unique data, photos, voice recordings, documents, etc.
1) Turn your playbook OFF by holding down the power button
2) Let your playbook sit for about 10 minutes as earlier suggested.
3) After letting the PB sit (and still powered off) open up the Blackberry Desktop Software (the latest version)
4) Once the Blackberry Desktop Software is opened, use the USB Cable and hook the PB to the PC.. THEN power on the Playbook
5) A screen will show on your computer showing that the device cannot be found
6) Click on Update. It will take awhile
If new, return to the store for a difference one or
The PB has a one year warranty to the original purchaser. It also has 90 free Tech support. I do not know how Rim deals with "quasi-tech support v. warranty"
Canada Toll Free: 1-877-644-8405
United States Toll Free: 1-877-644-8410
Puerto Rico Toll Free: 1-855-651-4936
Email: email@example.com (this route generally does not work and a call is necessary)
(UK Support) 0800 096 2805
Playbook French Support
Phone : 0800 914 533 (within 90 days from activation)
- By BoldMeister in forum PlayBook Apps & GamesReplies: 28Last Post: 10-07-11, 10:31 AM
- By BoldMeister in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 24Last Post: 05-22-11, 10:27 AM
- By snuci in forum PlayBook Apps & GamesReplies: 10Last Post: 04-12-11, 07:49 PM
- By snuci in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 10Last Post: 04-12-11, 07:49 PM
- By scarletknights28 in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 17Last Post: 03-06-09, 02:14 PM