i talked to the phone kiosk, and they are seperate of costco and do not offer any extra warranty. the only warranty is the 1 year from RIM.
    Did they confirm 90 day returns in BC?
    04-23-11 08:42 PM
    If Costco themselves sold it, that'd be great b/c their return policies and warranty policy is solid (2 years vs. most manufacturers' 1 year).

Buying a phone from a Wireless ETC. or Wireless Wave kiosk is like buying bread at a gas station... at least imho.

Keep in mind that if you purchased electronics from that kiosk, your warrany work and trouble-shooting is done through that kiosk, not through Costco. I wouldn't do it. If they (Wireless ETC.) get the Playbook, then your cellular carrier should be getting it as well...

Visa, Mastercard, or shopping bags either hee hee

I thinks it all depends on who you talk to at that kiosk. I bought my phone from there BB 9700. Luckily I haven't run into any problems with my phone so I haven't had to test out working with them on fixing it. The guy I talked to knows more about tech then anyone I have talked to at any of the Bell or Telus stores.

Edit: also going to the kiosk in costco I got a free car charger and a deal on a phone case.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by eKafara; 04-23-11 at 08:55 PM.
    04-23-11 08:50 PM
    You pay for the Playbook at the normal Costco cashier, so I don't see how they could apply different policies?
    04-23-11 08:58 PM
    I bought my Xoom from Costco, and just returned it yesterday after almost 2 months of having it. It was a little pain, dealing with the cellular kiosk, because they were trying to explaing to me why to keep it, but they gave me the money back.
    04-23-11 09:07 PM
    i talked to the phone kiosk, and they are seperate of costco and do not offer any extra warranty. the only warranty is the 1 year from RIM.
    Which kiosk did you talk to, near you or my one? I spoke with Thomas and Sean at my nearest Costco and they confirmed what I had posted earlier and I will follow up Monday to get it in writing as well. I agree with the other poster, just because they are a kiosk, you still have to swipe your costco card before they will give you the tablet so costco has to bear some responsibility in the warranty as well> Anyway that would be too easy, I will update you all early next week but could it be that it does depend on what day it is, if the guys are having a good sales week etc, etc??????
    Last edited by keefrto; 04-24-11 at 11:59 AM. Reason: spell
    04-23-11 09:22 PM
    Anyone else have any Canadian Costco Playbook buying experiences?
    I am seriously thinking of returning my Playbook anyway because of battery issues, and would obviously love to take advantage of the 90-day return policy if it is in fact applicable.
    04-25-11 07:57 PM
    I spoke with Thomas (wireless etc at sherwood park costco, alberta) this afternoon and he confirmed that the playbook IS covered by the 90 day return either via themselves directly or the costco concierge. He also confirmed that 1yr RIM warranty is in place and the second yr warranty IS included with the playbook again either go to them directly or the costco concierge. He pointed out that when checking out costco will have the bill of sale and the serial number of the playbook on their system. this helps identify where the item was bought and when and what warranty you have in line with costco policy and the wireless etc agreement with costco. He is happy to discuss this with anyone as is his colleague Sean and I can provide the number if you wish or just google it yourselves. Its a shame that there appears to be different interpretations from others experiences i can only comment on my local experience and I have no reason to doubt their integrity. Please note that the same warranty does not apply if you are buying cell phones etc via a contract then he explained that there is a 14 day return policy and 1 yr manufacturer warranty. Buying devices outright, cell phones, laptops, playbooks etc with NO CONTRACTS, are eligible for the 90 day returns and 2 yr costco/wireless etc warranty. Hope all this helps you all make a decision?
    04-26-11 10:37 PM
    I'm not sure about the playbook and down here there are restocking fees or "in store credit" and I really don't need $500 in credit at Office Max.
    Just returned a PlayBook at Office Max (because of dead pixels) and got a full refund with no problems.
    04-27-11 09:53 AM
    I can not find any stores in the US that carry's it. Anyone in the US have any luck?
    05-11-11 12:51 PM
109 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD