I have a 64gb BlackBerry PlayBook that's been collecting dust for months. Recently decided to wipe off the dust and give it a try.

To give a bit of a background, in the past, I've owned Z10's, Q10's, Z30's, Passport and currently sporting a Classic. One of the biggest gripes moving from Z10 to other models is the poor implementation of BBW with the newer devices. Basically every game/app for BB10 works with the Z10 and is available for the Z10. As each new product came out, fewer and fewer apps/games were available for each product. And once OS 10.2.1 moved into 10.3 and beyond, dropping support for Adobe Air crippled more apps/games. So now with a Classic (and trust me, the Passport had the same issues, if not worse) many apps/games I had access to on the Z10 are nowhere to be found.

Going back to booting up the PlayBook for the first time in months, low and behold, a whole bunch of games and apps that are not available for my Classic, are sitting here, ready to use on my PlayBook. Tried playing some of the music already on the device and blown away by the speakers. I have an Android version of Box on the PlayBook which is making file transfers as easy as on my Classic. And the screen size for Web browsing, cannot complain at all. Origami Browser makes that work beautifully. Now I'm sitting here using the PlayBook for a few evenings wondering why I stopped using it all this time. It's really a great little device. Even at its age, very impressed with its capabilities.

Very confused as to why this device can still perform so well after so many years. Even after EOL from BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-16 09:36 AM
    Good build quality pure and simple. What held the device back was an OS that in some respects was more of a beta than a true production ready system.
    03-08-16 09:53 AM
    Yes it is odd, I too noticed the various applications I can use on my Z10, Z30, Passport & PlayBook lol

Passport all the way
    03-08-16 09:16 PM
    Sooo close eh, what could have been.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-16 05:25 PM