- CrackBerry Abuser
- 478 Posts
Playbook conflicts with Windows 7 workgroup
I experienced some network diffuculties with my Playbook in my home network.
Since I had the Playbook in my network, I could no longer see other devices in my network.
But offcourse I thought it was Windows screwing around...
Step by step recovery showed me that I had some odd problem pointing at the Playbook.
Ever since I had the Playbook in my network, I could no longer see the other devices in my network.
Somehow the Playbook claims itself to be the 'masterbrowser' or something and prevents windows from allocating the network.
Since I changed the Playbook workgroup to something else....problem solved (wifi sharing still works).
Now all my win7 / mac /media player/ playbook/ etc can see each other again.
This can also happen to other devices in your network aside from playbook.
This opened my eyes to look further than only windows....
Hope this helps you guys in some way
- By inteladu in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 1Last Post: 07-17-12, 09:20 PM
- By BlackberryOS2PB in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 14Last Post: 03-18-12, 10:14 PM
- By CL8Baller in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 9Last Post: 01-05-12, 09:57 PM
- By JJLLRILEY in forum BlackBerry 8830 WEReplies: 2Last Post: 09-07-07, 10:47 AM
- By Firesource in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 2Last Post: 09-04-07, 10:38 AM