Linking this entire thread wouldn't do no harm or the other thread asking for bridge. Even if we are just asking for certain things for now in a nice way it wouldn't do any harm to see the amount of animosity that is felt and that their customers are actually after all this asking to be helped to remain a customer. If people high up the food chain are being asked if there is something that can be done which guarantees our support and hard earned cash for the forthcoming troubled times and ignore it, well enough said their.
    Where else in the world do customers want to help to stay on board? I wish I had customers like us!
    08-20-13 05:12 AM
    As this thread already amassed more than 450 posts, some of which blatantly off-topic, while others maybe a little too emotional, I wouldn't necessarily append a link to this thread to anything, I'm afraid. While we know how these kinds of discussions progress, to the "uninitiated" a thread like this can be quite confusing...
    08-20-13 05:27 AM
    As this thread already amassed more than 450 posts, some of which blatantly off-topic, while others maybe a little too emotional, I wouldn't necessarily append a link to this thread to anything, I'm afraid. While we know how these kinds of discussions progress, to the "uninitiated" a thread like this can be quite confusing...
    You talking about me again Man Friday?
    08-20-13 11:00 AM
    You talking about me again Man Friday?
    To you I'm still Sir Man Friday. But no I wasn't, too specific finger pointing seldomly does a situation like that any justice. And I myself was one of the culprits after all... Limelight, oh no we wouldn' mention that word ever again...
    sad_old_man likes this.
    08-20-13 11:25 AM
    Back to topic:
    I have almost finished my mail to mister Saunders and plan to send it later today. Here's hoping the mail address I found is still one he looks at once in a while, otherwise it's an extreme exercise in futility, of course. The mail should NOT interfere with any other endeavors/actions (like a petition), as it strictly is about the placing of the default apps into the great, wide "open source".
    I don't expect too much from this approach, but I just have to try (I'm funny that way )
    08-21-13 04:37 AM
    To you I'm still Sir Man Friday. But no I wasn't, too specific finger pointing seldomly does a situation like that any justice. And I myself was one of the culprits after all... Limelight, oh no we wouldn' mention that word ever again...
    And there I was thinking you were paying me a compliment Sir Man Friday!

Although you seem to be driven on this subject by motives that are very close to my own, I have to say that it is a non starter. Letters and petitions sent to companies in private get little or no attention from the company and its doubtful if they aver get past first tier management. The CEO may be informed out of courtesy but will not be aware of the subject matter contained within.

The only, only chance any action stands and then it's only very slim is to take the power away from the CEO and put him on the defensive where he has to respond to the claims. Now given that Thor always responds with a knee jerk reaction and makes a complete d1ck of himself with a stupid response, he will almost do the job for you.

Somehow and I've no idea how, you need to get the media involved. It's your only chance of success. Remember how badly Thor reacted to the media when the BB servers went down and bis was down all over the world practically. It hit every major news station on tv?

Anyway I doubt you'll get that coverage but given the pack mentality that humans love, when a company are struggling everybody wants to join in and kick them! Get enough tech review and news sites interested in what is happening to bb customers and your home and dry. Stay away from silly protests like bb10 not coming to the pb and concentrate on "how bb perceive their loyal customers base and how they treat them". Although our numbers are not great, the advantage we have is that we are from practically every country in the world so instead of saying 270,000 bb customers are unhappy, it becomes bb customers world wide are unhappy?

Sorry for that. I won't depress you anymore ill go and get back to breakfast again.

Mutter mutter.......... WHY do they all hate me.......... Mutter mutter.........
    msps, FF22 and Hirazi Blue like this.
    08-21-13 06:56 AM
    Thanks for your reply. You don't depress me (and most people merely misunderstand you ), as I must have been half-crazy already when committing to this thread (no offense to others, I'm talking only about myself). I just want to "plug" the idea of placing the default apps in the "open source", not because I really believe it will actually happen, merely because I need to know the seed was planted. If the soil's barren, so be it, but at least I tried...
    sad_old_man likes this.
    08-21-13 07:53 AM
    Thanks for your reply. You don't depress me (and most people merely misunderstand you ), as I must have been half-crazy already when committing to this thread (no offense to others, I'm talking only about myself). I just want to "plug" the idea of placing the default apps in the "open source", not because I really believe it will actually happen, merely because I need to know the seed was planted. If the soil's barren, so be it, but at least I tried...
    And I applauded you for your efforts but I think that the decision to place bb OS or app into the open domain cannot be made by bb, otherwise they would have nothing to sell? The decision you require could only be made by the new buyer! It may well happen depending upon the buyer and their future plans for bb but not until the sale is complete.

NOW GET OFF THAT ISLAND YOU SQUATTER YOU!
    Hirazi Blue likes this.
    08-21-13 08:19 AM
    Never took you for more of a realist than me..
    I'll finish my mail, send it and be done with it.
    Call me a dreamer (and please merely call me a dreamer, I know what you do behind my back...),
    but of this whole action thread not much could really be expected after the first two weeks brought no clear path to a resolution IMHO.
    Last edited by Hirazi Blue; 08-21-13 at 09:56 AM.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    08-21-13 09:21 AM
    Never took you for more of a realist than me..
    I'll finish my mail, send it and be done with it.
    Call me a dreamer (and please merely call me a dreamer, I know what you do behind my back...),
    but this of this whole action thread not much could really be expected after the first two weeks brought no clear path to a resolution IMHO.
    Can you personally herd sheep?
    Can you personally stop a mass of lemmings at the cliff edge?

I'm afraid the answer is a resounding NO, but it never stops the minority (us) who still carry the correct values through life, trying our best!

In my world the only thing I think I'm good at is caring about the person sat in front of me at the time, but it's never ending. One passes and is posted away and another one takes his place. You just go to bed at night and hope that you've done enough to keep him alive?

As Americans (not you) they should be extremely proud of what these young men do and go through (especially the poor ones that get me) to get those little silver wings? As if that wasn't enough these young men put themselves directly in harm way on behalf of their country. It's absolutely astonishing to me. I do it because I love flying? They only know the basics when they leave but it doesn't stop them!

If only Thor had 2% of what these guys have motivating them, bb would be 80% bigger than apple!!!!!!

Ok I'm gone, sorry for being a pain in the arse again but I just can't help myself....... I need therapy....... Nobody loves me and I'm all alone and my therapist isn't answering........

Ok I'm going fishing!
    Hirazi Blue likes this.
    08-21-13 09:49 AM
    I propose we quietly hand control of this thread back to the people who still want action (and I do still expect a new petition myself!!!), as we have other places to get on each other's nerves, while there's only one "action" thread. And we wouldn't want yet another intervention...
    08-21-13 09:59 AM
    I propose we quietly hand control of this thread back to the people who still want action (and I do still expect a new petition myself!!!), as we have other places to get on each other's nerves, while there's only one "action" thread. And we wouldn't want yet another intervention...
    I'm gone!
    08-21-13 10:03 AM
    @sad_old_man you need a hug? Hopefully the letter will get a response of some kind. Regarding the email addy for alec. I don't suppose it would do any harm tweeting him and letting him know you would like him to take a look at an email if he would be kind enough of given you an address he uses. Curiosity would make him read the mail more than anything else.
    Would even be worth asking if it is something he has no control over whether he would consider passing it on to someone else for a reply or who he thinks it would be best sent to.
    As for public humiliation on tech sites/ TV progs that would be depending on the result of the reply I suppose.
    08-21-13 10:04 AM
    Using the Twitterverse is a good idea. Sadly, however, I am not "on" Twitter myself...
    Would you perhaps be so kind as to do the exploratory "first" Tweet on my behalf?
    08-21-13 10:14 AM

The only, only chance any action stands and then it's only very slim is to take the power away from the CEO and put him on the defensive where he has to respond to the claims. Now given that Thor always responds with a knee jerk reaction and makes a complete d1ck of himself with a stupid response, he will almost do the job for you.

Anyway I doubt you'll get that coverage but given the pack mentality that humans love, when a company are struggling everybody wants to join in and kick them! Get enough tech review and news sites interested in what is happening to bb customers and your home and dry. Stay away from silly protests like bb10 not coming to the pb and concentrate on "how bb perceive their loyal customers base and how they treat them". Although our numbers are not great, the advantage we have is that we are from practically every country in the world so instead of saying 270,000 bb customers are unhappy, it becomes bb customers world wide are unhappy?

QFA

Keep telling that for months.
    Begging isn't going to work.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    08-21-13 11:12 AM
    QFA

Keep telling that for months.
    Begging isn't going to work.
    Psssst, I would answer you but I'm not allowed..... Oh damn......
    08-21-13 12:08 PM
    Community action, like volunteering at a local soup kitchen or something because it will bring about more results than anything playbook related....after my playbook died I came to a harsh reality.... it was that all my bickering and complaining was all for nawt. The people vs bbty. The people always lose

Sent from my Rise using CB Forums mobile app
    sad_old_man likes this.
    08-21-13 12:42 PM
    Community action, like volunteering at a local soup kitchen or something because it will bring about more results than anything playbook related....after my playbook died I came to a harsh reality.... it was that all my bickering and complaining was all for nawt. The people vs bbty. The people always lose
    While I do respect your opinion, you're a little late to the party. About half of the previous posts in this thread dealt with "us" defending any kind of action. Been there, done that, so to speak...
    sad_old_man likes this.
    08-21-13 01:15 PM
    While I do respect your opinion, you're a little late to the party. About half of the previous posts in this thread dealt with "us" defending any kind of action. Been there, done that, so to speak...
    Some people just don't listen! It's "world wide defense of our actions" not just the "us"!

Ok sorry!
    08-21-13 02:33 PM
    Any action is better than none. The key is persistence.
    schwede and sad_old_man like this.
    08-21-13 06:38 PM
    Hopefully the letter will get a response of some kind. Regarding the email addy for alec. I don't suppose it would do any harm tweeting him and letting him know you would like him to take a look at an email if he would be kind enough of given you an address he uses.
    See what you made me do? I just joined Twitter for this. Ah well, welcome to the 21st century I guess.
    As a Twitter NOOB I wanted to send the following:
    @asaunders - Just sent you a PB mail to your old? BB Watch account. Could you please confirm if address is still valid.
    (a mere 119 characters)
    Concise, friendly and simple enough?

PS I could use a hug right now, if you are giving them away for free
    sad_old_man and schwede like this.
    08-22-13 03:57 AM
    See what you made me do? I just joined Twitter for this. Ah well, welcome to the 21st century I guess.
    As a Twitter NOOB I wanted to send the following:
    (a mere 119 characters)
    Concise, friendly and simple enough?

PS I could use a hug right now, if you are giving them away for free
    Concise is a requirement, friendly is optional in this case.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    08-22-13 04:31 AM
    Concise is a requirement, friendly is optional in this case.
    I'm an "optional" kind of guy, I guess. But is it at least concise enough, while not being too concise?
    sad_old_man likes this.
    08-22-13 04:33 AM
    Just checking: do any of you get paid by Blackberry to stonewall each and every attempt at serious action. It would sure explain a lot...
    sad_old_man likes this.
    08-22-13 06:43 AM
    Just checking: do any of you get paid by Blackberry to stonewall each and every attempt at serious action. It would sure explain a lot...
    Yup. Promises of more update.
    sad_old_man and Hirazi Blue like this.
    08-22-13 06:51 AM
826 ... 1718192021 ...