I've been having a problem with my playbook screen, and wondering if anyone has seen this? The color on my playbook screen is all messed up, everything that should be black is white, almost like a photo negative, not sure what to do and contacted blackberry this morning and eagerly awaitng there reply
    03-28-12 01:45 PM
    Try performing a hard reset by holding down the power button for 30 seconds and power it back on. If this does not correct the issue the next steps that support will tell you is to perform a software reload. Chances are they are going to proceed with an RMA.
    nyguy24 likes this.
    03-28-12 01:49 PM
    its actually funny right after i posted this they called, and just said to perform the os reload, needless to say i'm doing that right now, god i hope this works
    03-28-12 02:06 PM
    its actually funny right after i posted this they called, and just said to perform the os reload, needless to say i'm doing that right now, god i hope this works
    Let us know the outcome in case someone else on this forum encounters the same problem with photo-negative colouring.
    03-28-12 02:09 PM
    sure thing, i just tried the hard power off(holding the power button for 30 seconds then turning it back on and that did not work
    03-28-12 02:11 PM
    havin trouble doing the hold the power button, volume up volume down. has anyone ever done this?
    03-28-12 03:16 PM
    havin trouble doing the hold the power button, volume up volume down. has anyone ever done this?
    You do have to be a contortionist! Press the PowerOn button first and then both Volume buttons.

If you hear shutter sound, you probably missed the PowerButton. If need be, you can emulate my Otterbox case. Get some tape, apply a small nubbin of eraser to tape and tape it over the power button, making it raised for the time being. Then press that area and then the volume buttons.

Here are the 3 methods again:

To fix an issue, try these in order:

Restart using the Battery Icon and press Restart

Press and hold the Power button for 10-15 seconds. Then leave it for 20-30 seconds and see if it restarts.

To REBOOT:
    Press and HOLD all three keys for about 10 - 20 seconds: PowerOn, VolUp and VolDown. Start with the PowerButton. Keep holding past the 3-choice options screen. If you hear a shutter type sound, you've taken a Screen Shot and probably missed the PowerButton.
    03-28-12 04:11 PM
    Looks like what happens to screens with liquid damage. What led up to this happening?
    03-28-12 04:54 PM
    i was just using my book normally surfing the internet and it started to flicker between black, then no black. its never been exposed to any kind of water either dropped on or submerged, when i power it off it seems to go back normal for a sec
    Last edited by nyguy24; 03-29-12 at 01:44 AM.
    03-29-12 01:38 AM
    I'm experiencing something similar and am stuck waiting for RIM to move onto the RMA stage. Be prepared to take lots of photos of the screen for RIM to look at.

I've had the joy of an orange screen, a blocky screen and lots of grey vertical lines on a black screen. Oddly enough, an OS reload (or several) doesn't solve the problem.
    03-29-12 04:34 AM
    Oh, what does a Screenshot capture? Press VolUp and Voldown at the same time? The image will be in the camera folder. It will probably show normal but give it a try.
    03-29-12 08:45 AM
    ok so the problem has been fixed, after doing a security wipe as per the bb tech help team. its running fine now
    03-29-12 03:07 PM
    ok so the problem has been fixed, after doing a security wipe as per the bb tech help team. its running fine now
    Awesome! Glad to hear it!
    03-29-12 09:01 PM
    i had this problem, security wipe didn't solve the issue. i sent it in for warranty.
    05-28-12 01:00 PM
    A few others, myself included, have reported a similar issue.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-issue-726275/

I sent mine in for RMA and am currently waiting for it to come back. RIM Support was very helpful.
    05-28-12 06:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD