This thread should be closed now that Google has gone the way of rimberry. Must take a special breed of forward thinkers to rip functionality from a piece of hardware. Glad these folks weren't around at the start of the technological revolution. If so we would be waiting for the next great advancement in candles
    And bumping along on SQUARE "wheels". Round would obviously allow you to move too fast.

(of course, I have no idea what chromie had and what they removed but clearly, they went to lengths to limit something useful)
    Cynycl likes this.
    08-26-13 04:15 PM
    And bumping along on SQUARE "wheels". Round would obviously allow you to move too fast.

(of course, I have no idea what chromie had and what they removed but clearly, they went to lengths to limit something useful)
    not the first time we seen that....is it?
    sad_old_man and FF22 like this.
    08-26-13 04:22 PM
    Mmmmmmmmmmm
    Attached Thumbnails PlayBook & Chromecast?-0c0ea08503ca687bb9d03d83e05b73c9_thumbnail.jpg  
    08-26-13 04:26 PM
    Mmmmmmmmmmm
    Well he certainly has Thor's meat hooks but it looks like he may be a bit more focused......my guess...it's an imposter
    FF22 and sad_old_man like this.
    08-26-13 04:35 PM
    Where's the "therapy needed" button?
    sad_old_man likes this.
    08-27-13 06:02 AM
    Where's the "therapy needed" button?
    I keep it permanently by my side!
    KennethD likes this.
    08-27-13 06:51 AM
    I keep it permanently by my side!
    Don't ever push the RED one!
    sad_old_man and KennethD like this.
    08-27-13 07:43 AM
    Don't ever push the RED one!
    Why?
    08-27-13 07:45 AM
    Why?
    Are you this insubordinate in your day job? No wonder they are sending you home!

Oh, and just to stay on topic, chromecast is still broke
    sad_old_man likes this.
    08-27-13 08:03 AM
    Are you this insubordinate in your day job? No wonder they are sending you home!

It will be its from goooooooogle? Your other answer is an infatic "three yes's".
    Cynycl likes this.
    08-27-13 08:10 AM

Nothing last in baby's hand. Here play with the gnome.
    Cynycl and sad_old_man like this.
    08-27-13 08:15 AM
    Hey cat get off the carpet crabs carpet! Doesn't sound right to me that, but get off it anyway!
    Cynycl likes this.
    08-27-13 08:26 AM
    Hey cat get off the carpet crabs carpet! Doesn't sound right to me that, but get off it anyway!
    08-27-13 08:26 AM
    What's the verdict? I there any app that works on the playbook with chromecast?

If i buy chromecast and use a wifi remote control from my playbook would that work as well?
    05-19-15 02:47 PM
    What's the verdict? I there any app that works on the playbook with chromecast?

If i buy chromecast and use a wifi remote control from my playbook would that work as well?
    No app to stream from Playbook to Chromecast. I bought a chromecast a while ago and honestly haven't used it in months. Another one of those good potential, but never amounted to much devices. Good thing was being able to stream netflix to it, but with Xbox now allowing netflix without needing a gold account, I found I had no need for the Chromecast anymore.
    05-22-15 12:18 PM
    No app to stream from Playbook to Chromecast. I bought a chromecast a while ago and honestly haven't used it in months. Another one of those good potential, but never amounted to much devices. Good thing was being able to stream netflix to it, but with Xbox now allowing netflix without needing a gold account, I found I had no need for the Chromecast anymore.

Thanks for your reply. My main concern is wanting to watch youtube and stuff from my laptop but I hate connecting a HDMI cable to my laptop and setting it up. Would chromecast be the best set up?
    05-24-15 12:36 AM
    Thanks for your reply. My main concern is wanting to watch youtube and stuff from my laptop but I hate connecting a HDMI cable to my laptop and setting it up. Would chromecast be the best set up?
    From laptop it works quite well for youtube and Netflix. Beyond that, it becomes finicky to play local video files streamed to the TV. Honestly, the most reliable option I've seen is the HDMI cable. If you have an Android phone or iPhone, you can also stream to chromecast. Chromecast ended up being more of a dongle to add smart TV capabilities to sets which were not supplied with smart TV built in. Didn't turn into the revolutionary thing which it was expected to be. If you watch on the TV frequently, I would suggest getting a more robust item like a Roku or one of the other set top boxes out there. If you have a game console, you can also use those for netflix/youtube.
    05-25-15 05:57 AM
92 ... 234