Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 88
Like Tree106Likes
  1. JVRudnick's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    74 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default PlayBook & Chromecast?

    As yet does anyone know if my PlayBook will run the new Google Chromecast dongle on my tv?

    ???
    iPhone 4
    PB 32 GB
  2. #2  

    Default

    There's another thread with the device being discussed. I'm not sure if there's an answer yet.
  3. Cynycl's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,220 Posts
    #3  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JVRudnick View Post
    As yet does anyone know if my PlayBook will run the new Google Chromecast dongle on my tv?

    ???
    No the playbook won't work with this at this time. Only the chrome browser and the current apps that come loaded for the device will work for now. They released the sdk so hopefully someone will add an app or to an app to make this possible on the PB down the road. Lots of youtube reviews on the device if you are interested.
    I went to a bookstore and asked the saleswoman, 'Where's the self-help section?' She said if she told me, it would defeat the purpose.

    Carl Estes and sad_old_man like this.
  4. Cynycl's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,220 Posts
    #4  

    Default

    Things are going to get very interesting for this device. That is if Google can make them fast enough.

    http://mashable.com/2013/08/01/chrom...-go-hulu-plus/
    I went to a bookstore and asked the saleswoman, 'Where's the self-help section?' She said if she told me, it would defeat the purpose.

    Carl Estes likes this.
  5. Cynycl's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,220 Posts
    #5  

    Default

    sorry wrong thread
    I went to a bookstore and asked the saleswoman, 'Where's the self-help section?' She said if she told me, it would defeat the purpose.

  6. jpash549's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,632 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,858 Global Posts
    #6  

    Default

    There is an app in the Google play store. Has someone tried to get it? I downloaded it on my N 7but am waiting for my backordered dongle.
  7. tomistarkapi's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    15 Posts
    #7  

    Default

    Does anyone tried with the origami browser oe simple browser? They can be set up as a choreme browser.
  8. sad_old_man's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    8,866 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,881 Global Posts
    PIN
    "Psychopomps"
    #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cynycl View Post
    No the playbook won't work with this at this time. Only the chrome browser and the current apps that come loaded for the device will work for now. They released the sdk so hopefully someone will add an app or to an app to make this possible on the PB down the road. Lots of youtube reviews on the device if you are interested.
    Sounds like the release of the pb to me? Sorry carpet crab but it had to happen!
    "We are the Pilgrims, master; we shall go Always a little further: it may be Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow Across that angry or that glimmering sea​"
    Carl Estes likes this.
  9. Orange UK's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    667 Posts
    PIN
    Orange UK reserves the right to privacy from Orange UK :D
    #9  

    Default

    Cheapcast apk 0.3 and the latest don't work I tried sideloading last night :/
    " I am " in no shape or form here to represent Orange UK or Orange companies in ANY capacity.

    Today 12April2014 after all these years Cracking away I nearly got my 1st warning :/


    the future's bright, the future's PORaNge........

    b1tch@crackberry.com
    Thanked by:
    chaosdivine (08-25-2013) 
    sad_old_man likes this.
  10. Cynycl's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,220 Posts
    #10  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orange UK View Post
    Cheapcast apk 0.3 and the latest don't work I tried sideloading last night :/
    There is an APK out for the aircast app beta that folks have working on the Z10, doubt it is of any use for the playbook though.
    I went to a bookstore and asked the saleswoman, 'Where's the self-help section?' She said if she told me, it would defeat the purpose.

    Thanked by:
    chaosdivine (08-25-2013) 
    sad_old_man likes this.
  11. sad_old_man's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    8,866 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,881 Global Posts
    PIN
    "Psychopomps"
    #11  

    Default

    Don't have this problem with my pb?
    "We are the Pilgrims, master; we shall go Always a little further: it may be Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow Across that angry or that glimmering sea​"
  12. Cynycl's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,220 Posts
    #12  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sad_old_man View Post
    Don't have this problem with my pb?
    Sure you do, you just haven't figured out that you do yet.

    give it time....... it will come to you.
    I went to a bookstore and asked the saleswoman, 'Where's the self-help section?' She said if she told me, it would defeat the purpose.

    Carl Estes and sad_old_man like this.
  13. Carl Estes's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,476 Posts
    PIN
    Sir Glaurung the Great
    #13  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JVRudnick View Post
    As yet does anyone know if my PlayBook will run the new Google Chromecast dongle on my tv?

    ???
    You can run an application like "Phone my Pc" or something similar (this one is good, and you can access your/any pc anywhere, does not have to be on the same wifi network), and you can "control" the casting from Playbook.

    I have/am casting Amazon Prime with this method. It does mean you are running another peice of hardware, but it will do for now.

    It will come.....



    C
    sad_old_man and Cynycl like this.
  14. Cynycl's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,220 Posts
    #14  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carl Estes View Post
    You can run an application like "Phone my Pc" or something similar (this one is good, and you can access your/any pc anywhere, does not have to be on the same wifi network), and you can "control" the casting from Playbook.

    I have/am casting Amazon Prime with this method. It does mean you are running another peice of hardware, but it will do for now.

    It will come.....



    C
    If only we could remove the POS playbook operating system and put and even worse POS droid OS on board, then we could use the PB in the mobile computing future
    I went to a bookstore and asked the saleswoman, 'Where's the self-help section?' She said if she told me, it would defeat the purpose.

    Thanked by:
    Carl Estes (08-20-2013) 
    Carl Estes and sad_old_man like this.
  15. KennethD's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    328 Posts
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    #15  

    Default

    There's an app called cheapcast that makes an android device act like an chromecast. If it could converted to run on the playbook it could be used as a pass through like the chromecast.
    sad_old_man likes this.
  16. sad_old_man's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    8,866 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,881 Global Posts
    PIN
    "Psychopomps"
    #16  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cynycl View Post
    If only we could remove the POS playbook operating system and put and even worse POS droid OS on board, then we could use the PB in the mobile computing future
    If we could remove the droid code out of the pb, it might be able to run bb10?
    "We are the Pilgrims, master; we shall go Always a little further: it may be Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow Across that angry or that glimmering sea​"
    axllebeer and Cynycl like this.
  17. Cynycl's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,220 Posts
    #17  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KennethD View Post
    There's an app called cheapcast that makes an android device act like an chromecast. If it could converted to run on the playbook it could be used as a pass through like the chromecast.
    Problem is that nothing new in the droid world will convert to work on the playbook.
    I went to a bookstore and asked the saleswoman, 'Where's the self-help section?' She said if she told me, it would defeat the purpose.

    sad_old_man likes this.
  18. sad_old_man's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    8,866 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,881 Global Posts
    PIN
    "Psychopomps"
    #18  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cynycl View Post
    Problem is that nothing new in the droid world will convert to work on the playbook.
    Well could also take out the pb OS and make it a new droid machine. Just thinking that's all!
    "We are the Pilgrims, master; we shall go Always a little further: it may be Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow Across that angry or that glimmering sea​"
  19. Cynycl's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,220 Posts
    #19  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sad_old_man View Post
    Well could also take out the pb OS and make it a new droid machine. Just thinking that's all!
    Thinking again? What have we told you about thinking? Keep it up and the MIB dudes in the black suits and mirrored sunglasses will be trying to subcontract you out to Rimberry.
    I went to a bookstore and asked the saleswoman, 'Where's the self-help section?' She said if she told me, it would defeat the purpose.

    Carl Estes and sad_old_man like this.
  20. sad_old_man's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    8,866 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,881 Global Posts
    PIN
    "Psychopomps"
    #20  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cynycl View Post
    Thinking again? What have we told you about thinking? Keep it up and the MIB dudes in the black suits and mirrored sunglasses will be trying to subcontract you out to Rimberry.
    No they won't because they like me so there! Na na ni na na to you duck?
    "We are the Pilgrims, master; we shall go Always a little further: it may be Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow Across that angry or that glimmering sea​"
    Carl Estes likes this.
  21. Cynycl's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,220 Posts
    #21  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sad_old_man View Post
    No they won't because they like me so there! Na na ni na na to you duck?
    My mistake.... sorry Cat
    I went to a bookstore and asked the saleswoman, 'Where's the self-help section?' She said if she told me, it would defeat the purpose.

    sad_old_man likes this.
  22. sad_old_man's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    8,866 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,881 Global Posts
    PIN
    "Psychopomps"
    #22  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cynycl View Post
    My mistake.... sorry Cat
    Put the milk down baby, enough for you today!
    "We are the Pilgrims, master; we shall go Always a little further: it may be Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow Across that angry or that glimmering sea​"
    Cynycl likes this.
  23. Cynycl's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,220 Posts
    #23  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sad_old_man View Post
    Put the milk down baby, enough for you today!
    Can't put it down, it comes in two big juggs
    I went to a bookstore and asked the saleswoman, 'Where's the self-help section?' She said if she told me, it would defeat the purpose.

  24. Carl Estes's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,476 Posts
    PIN
    Sir Glaurung the Great
    #24  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cynycl View Post
    Can't put it down, it comes in two big juggs
    Dam*, I wish I could like something more than once........
    Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, 'em all...................
    c
    sad_old_man and Cynycl like this.
  25. sad_old_man's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    8,866 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,881 Global Posts
    PIN
    "Psychopomps"
    #25  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carl Estes View Post
    Dam*, I wish I could like something more than once........
    Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, 'em all...................
    c
    Down strange creature, down boy/girl/it!
    "We are the Pilgrims, master; we shall go Always a little further: it may be Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow Across that angry or that glimmering sea​"
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Playbook Charging Plug
    By Bonanza43 in forum PlayBook Accessories
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-05-2013, 05:29 PM
  2. WTS: Blackberry playbook, 32gb with extras!!
    By Lyls in forum The Marketplace - Buy, Sell & Trade
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-02-2013, 11:10 AM
  3. Crackberry.com on PlayBook
    By teostar in forum Site News, Feedback, Help
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-01-2013, 09:21 AM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-27-2013, 05:49 PM
  5. my playbook 4g lte does not recognize my bell sim card
    By lacharrisson in forum BlackBerry PlayBook
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-27-2013, 08:39 AM

Posting Permissions