As yet does anyone know if my PlayBook will run the new Google Chromecast dongle on my tv?

???
    07-27-13 09:35 PM
    There's another thread with the device being discussed. I'm not sure if there's an answer yet.
    07-27-13 10:21 PM
    As yet does anyone know if my PlayBook will run the new Google Chromecast dongle on my tv?

???
    No the playbook won't work with this at this time. Only the chrome browser and the current apps that come loaded for the device will work for now. They released the sdk so hopefully someone will add an app or to an app to make this possible on the PB down the road. Lots of youtube reviews on the device if you are interested.
    sad_old_man and Carl Estes like this.
    07-28-13 08:08 AM
    Things are going to get very interesting for this device. That is if Google can make them fast enough.

http://mashable.com/2013/08/01/chrom...-go-hulu-plus/
    Carl Estes likes this.
    08-01-13 02:26 PM
    sorry wrong thread
    08-01-13 02:29 PM
    There is an app in the Google play store. Has someone tried to get it? I downloaded it on my N 7but am waiting for my backordered dongle.
    08-01-13 05:21 PM
    Does anyone tried with the origami browser oe simple browser? They can be set up as a choreme browser.
    Tracey Saver likes this.
    08-17-13 08:17 AM
    No the playbook won't work with this at this time. Only the chrome browser and the current apps that come loaded for the device will work for now. They released the sdk so hopefully someone will add an app or to an app to make this possible on the PB down the road. Lots of youtube reviews on the device if you are interested.
    Sounds like the release of the pb to me? Sorry carpet crab but it had to happen!
    Carl Estes likes this.
    08-17-13 08:25 AM
    Cheapcast apk 0.3 and the latest don't work I tried sideloading last night :/
    sad_old_man and chaosdivine like this.
    08-17-13 03:16 PM
    Cheapcast apk 0.3 and the latest don't work I tried sideloading last night :/
    There is an APK out for the aircast app beta that folks have working on the Z10, doubt it is of any use for the playbook though.
    sad_old_man and chaosdivine like this.
    08-20-13 09:37 AM
    Don't have this problem with my pb?
    08-20-13 10:57 AM
    Don't have this problem with my pb?
    Sure you do, you just haven't figured out that you do yet.

give it time....... it will come to you.
    Carl Estes and sad_old_man like this.
    08-20-13 10:59 AM

???
    You can run an application like "Phone my Pc" or something similar (this one is good, and you can access your/any pc anywhere, does not have to be on the same wifi network), and you can "control" the casting from Playbook.

I have/am casting Amazon Prime with this method. It does mean you are running another peice of hardware, but it will do for now.

It will come.....

C
    Cynycl and sad_old_man like this.
    08-20-13 11:19 AM
    You can run an application like "Phone my Pc" or something similar (this one is good, and you can access your/any pc anywhere, does not have to be on the same wifi network), and you can "control" the casting from Playbook.

I have/am casting Amazon Prime with this method. It does mean you are running another peice of hardware, but it will do for now.

It will come.....

C
    If only we could remove the POS playbook operating system and put and even worse POS droid OS on board, then we could use the PB in the mobile computing future
    Carl Estes and sad_old_man like this.
    08-20-13 11:26 AM
    There's an app called cheapcast that makes an android device act like an chromecast. If it could converted to run on the playbook it could be used as a pass through like the chromecast.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    08-20-13 12:39 PM
    If only we could remove the POS playbook operating system and put and even worse POS droid OS on board, then we could use the PB in the mobile computing future
    If we could remove the droid code out of the pb, it might be able to run bb10?
    Cynycl and axllebeer like this.
    08-20-13 12:46 PM
    There's an app called cheapcast that makes an android device act like an chromecast. If it could converted to run on the playbook it could be used as a pass through like the chromecast.
    Problem is that nothing new in the droid world will convert to work on the playbook.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    08-20-13 12:50 PM
    Problem is that nothing new in the droid world will convert to work on the playbook.
    Well could also take out the pb OS and make it a new droid machine. Just thinking that's all!
    08-20-13 12:52 PM
    Well could also take out the pb OS and make it a new droid machine. Just thinking that's all!
    Thinking again? What have we told you about thinking? Keep it up and the MIB dudes in the black suits and mirrored sunglasses will be trying to subcontract you out to Rimberry.
    sad_old_man and Carl Estes like this.
    08-20-13 12:59 PM
    Thinking again? What have we told you about thinking? Keep it up and the MIB dudes in the black suits and mirrored sunglasses will be trying to subcontract you out to Rimberry.
    No they won't because they like me so there! Na na ni na na to you duck?
    Carl Estes likes this.
    08-20-13 01:01 PM
    No they won't because they like me so there! Na na ni na na to you duck?
    My mistake.... sorry Cat
    sad_old_man likes this.
    08-20-13 01:02 PM
    My mistake.... sorry Cat
    Put the milk down baby, enough for you today!
    Cynycl likes this.
    08-20-13 01:34 PM
    Put the milk down baby, enough for you today!
    Can't put it down, it comes in two big juggs
    08-20-13 01:54 PM
    Can't put it down, it comes in two big juggs
    Dam*, I wish I could like something more than once........
    Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, 'em all...................
    c
    Cynycl and sad_old_man like this.
    08-20-13 02:01 PM
    Dam*, I wish I could like something more than once........
    Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, Like, 'em all...................
    c
    Down strange creature, down boy/girl/it!
    08-20-13 02:51 PM
92 123 ...