I did some research on the forum and found out that there are some people suffering from waiting for around 10 hours to fully charge. (I use Kindle charger) I just want to ask if it is my battery's problem or I need a new charger (I mean if there exists a problem with charger like that)?
    Thank you
    10-30-11 07:46 PM
    Do you not have the charger that came with the playbook? Why are you using a kindle charger? The kindle charger would be fine if it supplies the amps etc. the playbook needs, I have no idea if it does.
    10-30-11 07:49 PM
    correct me if i am wrong, u are using kindle charger for PB ...... i guess there is ur problem. I use the charger that came with the PB and it takes around 3 hours to completely charge it from below 20%.
    if switching to the original PB charger dosent solve the problem, then dowload the battery guru app and use it, it will give u an idea about the health of ur battery and other parameters to analyze what might be the real problem.
    Good luck !!
    10-30-11 07:52 PM
    I have yet to have issues with my battery with the PlayBook. And I don't have much issue with the length that the battery stays on with heavy use either.
    pelletizer likes this.
    10-30-11 08:09 PM
    Kindle Charger (with absolute micro print) output 4.9V 0.85A
    10-30-11 08:56 PM
    A few weeks ago I couldn't figure out why it was taking so long to charge my pb. Discovered I had accidentally plugged it in to the charger for my bb. Use the one that comes with the pb. It only takes me a couple of hours to completely charge it from about 20%.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-30-11 10:03 PM
    I just figured out that the charger i'm using is only 800mA, so I just need to get the one with 1.8A right?
    10-31-11 07:09 PM
    The pb rapid charger (if not defective) is nice. It does not stress the usb port and charges even faster than the official ac adapter for the pb. The rapid attaches with a magnetic plug.
    10-31-11 07:53 PM
    what is the output current of pb charger (mA, V)?
    11-02-11 12:11 PM
    what is the output current of pb charger (mA, V)?
    The charger that comes with the PB is 5v 1.8a
    11-02-11 12:18 PM
    11-02-11 12:24 PM
    A few weeks ago I couldn't figure out why it was taking so long to charge my pb. Discovered I had accidentally plugged it in to the charger for my bb. Use the one that comes with the pb. It only takes me a couple of hours to completely charge it from about 20%.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I was doing the same thing. Using my BB Bold 9930 charger and it was taking roughly a night to charge it entirely. That was a terrible assumption thinking the phone charger would get the job done. But yes, using the charger that came with the PB gets the job done in a fraction of the time compared to using a BB charger.
    09-15-12 01:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD