Hi,

Amazon (UK) are selling these for about �27 at the moment. Do they offer a much faster charge than the standard charger? Worth the purchase? Any comments would be appreciated!

Cheers
    04-30-12 04:02 AM
    I really like the charger. It charges the playbook really quickly. The only downfall to it is the dock doesn't work with cases. I have to take my pb out of the convertible case to use the dock.
    04-30-12 04:47 AM
    Yes, dock quicker to charge and is really good and yes unfortunately you have to take out of most cases as it is a snug fit... That said, not really likely to damage any ports etc...

I bought two of them and realy worth while.
    04-30-12 05:29 AM
    Thanks guys, I'll put an order in!
    04-30-12 06:00 AM
    I have 2 docks and have had issues with both not charging. You have to make sure when you put the PB on the dock that you see the lightning bolt.
    04-30-12 06:33 AM
    Love my dock, first accessory I got when I bought the PB. No wear and tear on the USB port, faster charging, and puts it in a nice upright stand for doing other things while charging.
    04-30-12 06:38 AM
    Have a look at the corded rapid charger if your using a case.
    04-30-12 06:42 AM
    Hi,

Amazon (UK) are selling these for about �27 at the moment. Do they offer a much faster charge than the standard charger? Worth the purchase? Any comments would be appreciated!

Cheers
    I think the charging dock is excellent, but then again, it depends what you want to use it for....

My charging dock sits on the corner of my work desk - this allows me access to my personal email/calendar/contacts at all times..... whilst rapidly charging my PlayBook (I think it's faster than the charger that comes with the PlayBook). It's also really good if you use Video Chat (and would be brill if we got Skype too!)

Only gripe is that you cannot plug in the HDMI when the PlayBook is on the Charging Dock

I have recommended the charging dock to some other PlayBook users (who use their PlayBooks for Client Bookings / Reception Duties for a small family business - multiple gmail calendars enable easy booking/management of various consultants) and the directors have Charging Docks in Reception, in the kitchen at home, etc....

I may be a little biased, as I have always also had charging docks for my BB phones (makes life much easier for voice conferences, as the phone automatically goes to speakerphone mode when charging in the dock)
    04-30-12 07:26 AM
    I love how the dock holds the PlayBook upright. Very handy to have on a desk. My only caution with the charger dock is that you must be careful to notice if the PlayBook is actually charging or just sitting there. Too many times I've just put the PlayBook in and walked away, only to come back later to find it hadn't been charging. I also agree it needs HDMI out built-in -- RIM there's an idea for version 2.0 of the dock!
    04-30-12 07:45 AM
    I have to say that I also love the dock. I bought one for at home for the night side table and really liked it. So I then bought a second one for work, I keep my calendar open and check personal email with it all day. The angle is great and the charging is nice and fast. My only wish is that it had a usb hub integrated into the dock as you can not dock and connect to the laptop at the same time.
    04-30-12 08:22 AM
    I'd second Chaddface, if you can find the corded rapid charger, it can generally be used with any case but obviously you lose the STAND aspect of the dock.
    04-30-12 09:29 AM
    The OEM charging dock is going to be my first playbook accessory.

I watched a video on that charger today......the charger that comes with the PB is 300 MAH Whilst the OEM dock charger is 600 MAH.

I assume it is twice as fast
    04-30-12 11:53 AM
    It will not charge twice as fast. The PB will limit the charge rate. It will however allow you to use the PB and still get the same charge rate.
    04-30-12 12:11 PM
    It will not charge twice as fast. The PB will limit the charge rate. It will however allow you to use the PB and still get the same charge rate.
    Oh I see. Cheers for that
    04-30-12 12:19 PM
    The BlackBerry Rapid Charging Pod may be the convenient and attractive way to charge your BlackBerry PlayBook tablet. Offering a rapid charge rate that's up to two times faster than the standard BlackBerry tablet charger, it keeps it sitting upright on the perfect angle for watching videos, photo slideshows, or browsing the web. Use it where wherever you are.

its called a rapid charger for a reason and its does infact charge the playbook twice as fast as the original Micro USB charger.
    04-30-12 01:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD