I purchased a brand new Playbook charging doc. I noticed after a few weeks it would not read the device all the time I now have to re-insert the Playbook for it to start charging seems to be no damage to device or doc. Has anyone else came across this?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    01-08-13 10:20 PM
    I have come across this problem a few times before.
    All I did was kinda wipe off the contacts and blow on them like blowing dust out of a Nintendo gaming cartridge.
    01-08-13 10:37 PM
    The spring pins have been known to stick with some users. Check them and verify they're all equally extended out.
    01-08-13 10:54 PM
    I have had the same problem though my rapid charger stand worked well for almost a year. A couple of months ago the usb port failed and no longer charges through that port so I started using the stand far more often then I had previously. It has since started breaking down too. I have to fiddle with it for some time before it will start to take a charge. Now it is almost impossible to get it to charge while seating the PlayBook in the charger the way you are supposed to. I have found the PlayBook will charge flipped around in the stand, though it does still take some frustrating fiddling.
    01-08-13 11:00 PM
    I purchased a brand new Playbook charging doc. I noticed after a few weeks it would not read the device all the time I now have to re-insert the Playbook for it to start charging seems to be no damage to device or doc. Has anyone else came across this?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    I had a small metal piece stuck to the magnetic connector on my PlayBook which made not connect to the charging pod. I took some compressed air and lightly blew it out and it has been working flawlessly since.
    01-08-13 11:18 PM
    Make sure you completely remove the plastic sticker protector along the groove where the playbook sits as well
    01-09-13 01:43 AM
    Thanks for the info that worked!!!!
    01-09-13 01:53 AM
    Thanks guys for the ideas!
    01-09-13 01:57 AM
    I use them daily at work and home and have yet to have a problem, although many have. I believe if kept clean they will be fairly trouble free, at least mine have been. Glad it works for you OP.
    01-09-13 06:08 PM
    I use them daily at work and home and have yet to have a problem, although many have. I believe if kept clean they will be fairly trouble free, at least mine have been. Glad it works for you OP.
    Cleaning seemed to be the answer for me. I have a dock that I didn't use much because it would give the lightning bolt and not charge. After cleaning the contacts on the PlayBook and charger it worked 9-10 times. When it didn't work I got no false indication of charge. I just lifted and reseated the PlayBook and it worked.
    01-09-13 07:22 PM