06-25-11 10:22 PM
- I opted for none of those. Buttons don't work so well on the convertible case. I got a zipper case from the makers of Swiss Army knives that has padding. I can use my headset if I don't zip it all the way. Fits snug. Love it. Won't worry if I drop it. Has four elastic bands to hold it in and that means I can put it in any direction. Very reasonable at $25.
Wenger - The Legacy Reader Case - Black - WA-6406-02F0004-26-11 05:31 PM
- i have the otterbox, while it is heavy duty like you said, you forget about the size and weight of it knowing that if you drop it from x feet it will most likely be safe from the case, style is something im willing to give up knowing that this investment is safe.04-26-11 05:44 PM
- Amazon.com: Blackberry Playbook Case - Genuine Leather Cover with Stand for BlackBerry 4G PlayBook Tablet PC: Electronics
I got this one and it fits great....less expensive than the BB, but fits perfectly.
I also ordered a screen protector, but it was crappy and I took it off. I will wait until Best Buy gets them in and have them apply it.
I looked at the Otterbox, mainly because the screen protector was built into it, but decided it was too bulky.
Good Luck.04-26-11 06:31 PM
- i order this today hopefully its good. Amazon.com: Trexta Marquis, Black, for Blackberry Playbook (#14885): Electronics05-10-11 11:05 PM
- i first bought the dodo but then i returned it. the construction was top notch and the beauty was awesome. sadly it had no cut-out for the camera which made it impossible to take spontaneous photos.
now i have the blackberry journal case and love it. there are a few design changes i would make if i could but otherwise i'm quite happy with it. and it looks professional which matters to me.05-10-11 11:56 PM
- I got a non-glare screen protector from the following:
Amazon.com: LCD Screen Protector for RIM BlackBerry Playbook: Cell Phones & Accessories
I see the link includes Amazon but they are not the seller - ishoppingdeals is the actual seller.
It went on fairly easy and now I have double protection since I added the Otterbox on top of it and it fits with this screen protector on. If the otterbox did not fit, I would have removed the screen but now if I take the otter off, I still have the screen protected.
I recall using the stylus with my Palmpilot - hard plastic - somehow something gritty got between the stylus and the screen and I can still hear the GRATING SCRATCH now. 1/2" scar.
I'm one of those - "when the screen is that large, it needs protection types!" Also on my cameras and phones and gps.
Last edited by F2; 05-11-11 at 12:22 AM.05-11-11 12:17 AM
- 05-11-11 12:38 AM
- Whilst the Otterbox is a good case for me it just adds far to much bulk. I wanted some basic protection whilst adding very little bulk.
I found this leather case on Ebay. Quality is superb and now my PB just looks like a leather diary, Very smart.
Black Executive Leather Case For Blackberry Playbook on eBay (end time 28-May-11 17:01:37 BST)
As for the screen protector I am going to try these.
2 X LCD Screen Protector Guard For Blackberry Playbook on eBay (end time 22-May-11 12:05:34 BST)
For the money I thought it would be stupid not to try them. Especially when Staples tried to sell me screen protector for $20 lol The price I paid equates to a total $20 Although I am in the UK I am sure there is similar value to be found in the US / Canada05-11-11 12:54 AMLike 1
- Agree with ff, I love the icon click convertible case, good padding for the screen and not bulky at all, still fits in my jeans back pocket You can flip the cover all the way back comfortably and it has 3 positions for stand. Found the RIM convertible case a little bulky compared to the icon.
I also have the icon click screen protector, comes with a glossy and a non-glossy, happy with the glossy, have not tried the non.05-11-11 01:39 AM
I will be going for #3. Don't see too many reviews because this one is fairly new. However, it seems to have everything one would need in a convertible case and has a low profile. Not too mention great reviews for the IPad, IPAD2, and Galaxy versions.05-11-11 10:47 AMLike 1
- I'm a little worried about the recall on the convertible case but can't find anything remotely wrong with mine. If it had a cutout to charge while closed it'd be absolutely perfect, as it is I'm still thoroughly impressed. I'm always one to go OEM though... it's a beautiful case!05-11-11 11:25 AM
- I have tried several screen protectors so far and each one kinda sucks. I have decided to go with a good case and keep the screen uncovered in all it's glory, the way it was made to be. I am kinda OCD about dust under the screen protector and no matter how many times I try to put them on properly something always gets under there and drives me crazy. I bought the Targus case which is nicely priced, looks like a date planner when closed so not much real bulk, and gives me three angled views to use/watch the screen. Awesome.05-11-11 05:04 PM
- I got the DODOcase and Otterbox. I love the DODOcase for work because of the professional look and feel but otterbox stand/protection is amazing. If you don't need the protection I would go with the DODO case.
This is the link to some snapshots I took of the DODO case on my Playbook
DODOcase pictures by psiswarm - Photobucket06-25-11 12:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD