Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Playbook Cases + Screen Protector

looking at Playbook Cases..came up with a few options...

1. Dodo case

2. Blackberry Convertible Case

3. Case Mate Venture

Which one would you go for? Tried any?

Also any screen protector to recommend?
    CrackBerry Abuser

I opted for none of those. Buttons don't work so well on the convertible case. I got a zipper case from the makers of Swiss Army knives that has padding. I can use my headset if I don't zip it all the way. Fits snug. Love it. Won't worry if I drop it. Has four elastic bands to hold it in and that means I can put it in any direction. Very reasonable at $25.

Wenger - The Legacy Reader Case - Black - WA-6406-02F00
    Download [Stinsonddog's BB Tips ]
    @Stinsonddog

CrackBerry User

4. Otterbox

Some good reviews reported on this site
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Quote Originally Posted by Playbook2011 View Post
    4. Otterbox

Some good reviews reported on this site
    Didnt include the otterbox because its just too bulky for me and doesnt look great.. no offense to anyone. im sure its great for heavy duty users, just not for me
    CrackBerry Abuser

i have the otterbox, while it is heavy duty like you said, you forget about the size and weight of it knowing that if you drop it from x feet it will most likely be safe from the case, style is something im willing to give up knowing that this investment is safe.
    Sent from my BlackBerry PlayBook!
    CrackBerry User

Amazon.com: Blackberry Playbook Case - Genuine Leather Cover with Stand for BlackBerry 4G PlayBook Tablet PC: Electronics

I got this one and it fits great....less expensive than the BB, but fits perfectly.
    I also ordered a screen protector, but it was crappy and I took it off. I will wait until Best Buy gets them in and have them apply it.
    I looked at the Otterbox, mainly because the screen protector was built into it, but decided it was too bulky.
    Good Luck.
    CrackBerry User

I just installed Bodyguardz screen protector last night. I did my best to keep it dust free before applying it to the screen. But, 2 dust particles manages to get in, and now they make 2 bubbles near the screen. How do I ged rid of them?
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    CrackBerry Abuser

i have the BB convertible case + icon glossy screen protector, case is thin and the leather+stitching feels and looks of great quality, as for the screen protector it doesn't even look like there is one and doesn't really hinder the touch-screen function much either.
  10. jpg
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    321 Global Posts

i first bought the dodo but then i returned it. the construction was top notch and the beauty was awesome. sadly it had no cut-out for the camera which made it impossible to take spontaneous photos.

now i have the blackberry journal case and love it. there are a few design changes i would make if i could but otherwise i'm quite happy with it. and it looks professional which matters to me.
    There are no stupid questions, but there are a lot of inquisitive idiots.
    CrackBerry Abuser

this case is my favorite...its been a very popular case in Canada.

Blackberry History

7250 - 8703 - World 8830 - Pearl 8130 - Curve 8330 x 3 - Storm 9530 - Tour 9630 - Bold 9000 - Storm 9550 - Bold 9700 x 3 - Torch 9800 x 3 - Bold 9780 x 3 - 16GB Playbook x 3 - 32GB Playbook - Bold 9900 x 3 - Bold 9790

I got a non-glare screen protector from the following:

Amazon.com: LCD Screen Protector for RIM BlackBerry Playbook: Cell Phones & Accessories

I see the link includes Amazon but they are not the seller - ishoppingdeals is the actual seller.

It went on fairly easy and now I have double protection since I added the Otterbox on top of it and it fits with this screen protector on. If the otterbox did not fit, I would have removed the screen but now if I take the otter off, I still have the screen protected.

I recall using the stylus with my Palmpilot - hard plastic - somehow something gritty got between the stylus and the screen and I can still hear the GRATING SCRATCH now. 1/2" scar.

I'm one of those - "when the screen is that large, it needs protection types!" Also on my cameras and phones and gps.
    Last edited by F2; 05-11-2011 at 12:22 AM.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,018 Global Posts
    PIN
    striping is ugly

Out of your 3 choices I personally like the Convertible case from RIM, except that its been recalled. That being said, I would get the Icon case if it were available in the US
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by psiclne View Post
    Out of your 3 choices I personally like the Convertible case from RIM, except that its been recalled. That being said, I would get the Icon case if it were available in the US
    Grab it on ebay iCon Carbon Blackberry Playbook Case -fits 16gb 32gb 64 on eBay.ca (item 250817878507 end time 17-May-11 01:09:15 EDT)
    Blackberry History

7250 - 8703 - World 8830 - Pearl 8130 - Curve 8330 x 3 - Storm 9530 - Tour 9630 - Bold 9000 - Storm 9550 - Bold 9700 x 3 - Torch 9800 x 3 - Bold 9780 x 3 - 16GB Playbook x 3 - 32GB Playbook - Bold 9900 x 3 - Bold 9790
    CrackBerry Addict

Whilst the Otterbox is a good case for me it just adds far to much bulk. I wanted some basic protection whilst adding very little bulk.

I found this leather case on Ebay. Quality is superb and now my PB just looks like a leather diary, Very smart.

Black Executive Leather Case For Blackberry Playbook on eBay (end time 28-May-11 17:01:37 BST)

As for the screen protector I am going to try these.

2 X LCD Screen Protector Guard For Blackberry Playbook on eBay (end time 22-May-11 12:05:34 BST)

For the money I thought it would be stupid not to try them. Especially when Staples tried to sell me screen protector for $20 lol The price I paid equates to a total $20 Although I am in the UK I am sure there is similar value to be found in the US / Canada
    Devices: Bold 9900 on 7.1.0.190 + iPOD touch 4 = Best of both worlds & PlayBook 16Gb
    Thanked by:
    MjrBad (05-11-2011) 
    CrackBerry Addict

i have the BlackBerry Journal Case and love it. No screen protector yet though
    BlackBerry 9700 T-Mobile 6.0.0.461

BlackBerry PlayBook
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    PIN
    PlayBook size matters not ...

Agree with ff, I love the icon click convertible case, good padding for the screen and not bulky at all, still fits in my jeans back pocket You can flip the cover all the way back comfortably and it has 3 positions for stand. Found the RIM convertible case a little bulky compared to the icon.

I also have the icon click screen protector, comes with a glossy and a non-glossy, happy with the glossy, have not tried the non.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by billybobjones View Post
    looking at Playbook Cases..came up with a few options...

1. Dodo case

2. Blackberry Convertible Case

3. Case Mate Venture

Which one would you go for? Tried any?

Also any screen protector to recommend?

I will be going for #3. Don't see too many reviews because this one is fairly new. However, it seems to have everything one would need in a convertible case and has a low profile. Not too mention great reviews for the IPad, IPAD2, and Galaxy versions.
    Thanked by:
    ericvp30 (06-25-2011) 
    CrackBerry Newbie

I'm a little worried about the recall on the convertible case but can't find anything remotely wrong with mine. If it had a cutout to charge while closed it'd be absolutely perfect, as it is I'm still thoroughly impressed. I'm always one to go OEM though... it's a beautiful case!
    CrackBerry Abuser

I've got the Invisible Shield on mine and it's fantastic. Bit of a pain to put on (as they usually are) but everything has smoothed out and it feels great. The Casemate POP! case is also very good if you don't want to use a full wrap-around case
    Bold 9650 v6.0.0.431
    Playbook OS Version 1.0.3.1868
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    804 Global Posts

The Vaja cases are now available, and look nice!
    CrackBerry Abuser

I have tried several screen protectors so far and each one kinda sucks. I have decided to go with a good case and keep the screen uncovered in all it's glory, the way it was made to be. I am kinda OCD about dust under the screen protector and no matter how many times I try to put them on properly something always gets under there and drives me crazy. I bought the Targus case which is nicely priced, looks like a date planner when closed so not much real bulk, and gives me three angled views to use/watch the screen. Awesome.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    662 Global Posts
    PIN
    ;-)

i just picked this one up at staples
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Playbook Cases + Screen Protector-img_00000087.jpg  
    crackel berry pop
    CrackBerry Abuser

I like the Targus leather case as well. Still may go for a screen protector though.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    330117cb

I got the DODOcase and Otterbox. I love the DODOcase for work because of the professional look and feel but otterbox stand/protection is amazing. If you don't need the protection I would go with the DODO case.

This is the link to some snapshots I took of the DODO case on my Playbook
    DODOcase pictures by psiswarm - Photobucket
    BlackBerry Q10 and Z30 -- Playbook 64GB -- #FOTM - BlackBerry Fan of the Month for August

@Flash0p
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast