There is an oem ford option that hooks directly to the antenna lead. It would probably work with a lot of cars.
    eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices
    GallagherPreach likes this.
    02-06-12 08:10 PM
    Okay, it's showtime I guess,

So, in that case, u should check out my PlayBook Car Mount as well!

Actual Mount: My Custom Home Made PlayBook Car Mount! - PlayBook, BlackBerry, Tech | Begnor.com

Video of app: BluTorq SpeedoMeter for BlackBerry PlayBook [Video Demo] - PlayBook, BlackBerry, Tech | Begnor.com

Picture: Attachment 102193

Hope you like it,

Greets,
    Marcel38
    02-06-12 08:24 PM
    Okay, it's showtime I guess,
    Very nice implementation. When it's empty, it doesn't look obtrusive or give hints that something valuable might be stashed in the car.
    02-06-12 09:35 PM
    Marcel,

great job! Intuitive, simple, and useful!
    02-06-12 10:52 PM
    i actually kinda like that , wonder how i could make that work for my PB in a otterbox case

I will post a picture of the inside of my dash and where i want to mount it . I don't use the center vents and thats where i want to mount , pics coming soon
    Last edited by Wh0mpu5; 02-08-12 at 07:00 PM. Reason: Added
    gherrelson likes this.
    02-08-12 06:59 PM
    Alright this isn;t my actualy dash , but it will serve to demonstrate what i have to work with.
    The area circled in red is the area i can use . i don't use the vents at all. and the hazard lights will be accessible regardless there will be a space. i want the bottom of the playbook to be just above the stereo , includeing the bezel of the mount if there is one.

This is what my stereo actually is.
    02-08-12 07:19 PM
    Make sue to post the final result, hope it works!
    02-08-12 07:27 PM
    Unless Arkon changed their design I would not recommend it. I tried it last June and returned it. The back plate is designed for a phone and is too narrow for a tablet. The holders are too close together and barely clear the volume controls. They told me they were getting a new one but I could never get confirmation. Might just give them a call.
    02-08-12 07:29 PM
    I like the mounts you linked to.

Are you planning on GPS maps using Bing? You'll need internet connectivity for that. BlackBerry Bridge or are you going a different route?

For something quick and dirty so you can try the PB out in the car, you might put velcro stickers on the back of the case and on the dash or sunvisor.
    mc4nam likes this.
    02-08-12 07:35 PM
    I am in the middle of Testing the Magellin app , it seems there is a huge slew of updates coming for it , and looks much more promising , however yes it will still have to bridge to my Torch 9860 , but will give me access to the maps , it will soon have turn by turn and voice .

I also plan on useing it for music through the existing stereo as it is a pretty good stereo for a factory one. also any other vehicle apps that come up after 2.0 update. Blutorq has one for speed and such , but i am sure there are others.
    chiniki likes this.
    02-08-12 07:40 PM
    I tried a couple more placements in the truck using the windshield holder. The first one works best. I jammed the windshield suction cup into the ashtray and it holds it well.

Attachment 102704

Attachment 102705
    02-13-12 07:27 PM
    Thanks for the Info , i will definitly look at that , as i am still looking for the right mount , i know where i want to mount it i just need to find the mount , but i am also looking at how i am going to hook it up to the stock stereo. There is no auxilery buttons so i assumptions are there is no aux input , so a FM Transmitter will have to do.
    Or replacement of the stock stereo with something different to get Aux In plus more. You'd be amazed at how little swapping out a stereo will cost and how much it gives you nowadays. An example, I picked up a used 2001 Z3 last month. Adding a Dice MediaBridge adapter to add USB, Bluetooth, Ipod and Sat capability to stock stereo was going to be $230. I bought a Kenwood KIV-BT901 for $270 on ebay that has Bluetooth, Sat Adapter, AUX, USB, iPod, and video from iPod to the 3" color QVGA screen, and sounds way better than stock head unit. Could have bought a KIV-701 if I didn't want Bluetooth for $230. You can find things much cheaper than these and get most of these features for about $140. Looks like going to a single DIN would give you a small storage area too. Just an option and a thought to make your in car experience better.

I thought about trying to work in a Playbook to the Z3 but it would require some fiberglass work to do it looking right and not clutter it up. Plus being a convertible I'd be worried about someone knifing the top to get to stuff and a huge mount with nothing in it screams possible tablet in the car.
    Chaddface likes this.
    02-13-12 09:10 PM
    A single din would also give you an area to attach a mount. Say if the stereo was on the bottom and the storage on top you could fabricate something to fill the void and screw the mount into. From the mounts I have seen none will get the PB where you want it without screwing into the dash. I don't mind screwing into pieces like the black plastic parts because they are easily replaceable. The dash your stuck with.
    If you were to get a bluetooth receiver that would also eliminate a wire.
    02-14-12 09:29 AM
    Sometimes the simplest solution works the best. I just wedged the stand part of my CaseMate case into the window crack. Good placement for GPS or Speedo, maybe, but not so good for other things. Might be the best place to keep me from the other things...

I had to move my other xB HotWheels, so this may not be a long-term option.
    farskija likes this.
    02-14-12 03:26 PM
    I like RAM products. I have the seat bolt mount since Sept. and its steady n soild....extends twenty inches up in my accord so its above the gear shift....it cn actually hold my torch too. Their expensive .....81 bucks but was worth it....The Playbook is so sexy in the street!_
    02-14-12 04:21 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD