Hi I have read a lot of people raving about the camera quality ofthe playbook but I am very disappointed, I am using the bb9780 the clarity of that is waaaay better than the pb front and back camera,
    Do I need to tweak to tweak it? Cause I don't see any options in settings
    Any help is appreciated
    03-12-12 03:06 AM
    First off there is no flash on the playbook, so light becomes very important. Swipe down from the top and you will see some options, make sure you have stabilzation turned on. There are 3 mode settings, Auto, Action, and Whiteboard. Auto usually works pretty good as long as there is good light.

The rest is pretty much technique, if you can sit your playbook on a table or brace it against something. If you are hand holding it keep your elbow in close to your body so you can keep it as steady as possible. And hold it steady until the scene is captured.

You can get some decent indoor shots if you take your time. The more light you can add to the scene the better though. Just be careful of mixing light sources, like flourescent, incandecent, natural light, etc all have different color balance.
    TinRobot and togardergrosse like this.
    03-12-12 04:17 AM
    The low quality you may see (i'm guessing) would be grain from the higher ISO that the PB will automatically use to gain the correct exposure for an image in low light. As the previous poster mentioned, light is essential to get a good photo.
    03-12-12 06:40 AM
    When in auto mode, my playbook camera seems to default to what is referred to as "aperture" mode, where the shutter will stay open long enough to get a good averaged exposure. This is done without regard to movement. So in lower light levels the shutter is open longer than in higher light levels. Any motion of the subject or camera will increase the blur of your image. The more you zoom in on your picture, the more apparent this will be.
    The other mode you can choose is "action", which places the camera into shutter priority. Shutter speeds will be fast enough to freeze motion on the part of both the subject and camera. For the better results high light levels are recommended.
    There is a third part to the equation, which also goes back to film cameras. This refers to film speed or iso. This can best be thought of in terms of dpi, dots per inch, as in your display. With film, the more tightly packed the pixel count, the smaller the pixels, or grains on the film. Small tightly packed grains results in sharper, cleaner pictures, this requires lots of light. In lower light conditions, larger grains are used to try to capture more light. This results in...grainy looking pictures,...larger pixels mean lower dpi and lower resolution. So the bottom line is the more light, the better chance you have of capturing a clean image. I am sorry for such a lengthy post, but I hope it helps you understand the process and challenges involved. Enjoy experimenting with your camera. Remember too, using photo apps you can manipulate your images to improve brightness and contrast after the fact. Sometimes turning an image into a sepia, or black and white, will give you an acceptable image from a marginal color shot.....
    03-12-12 08:36 AM
    Your problem might be that you seemed to think it's amazing compared to a good digital camera. It's not. It is, however, amazing for what it is (a camera built into a tablet).
    03-12-12 09:03 AM
    Swipe down from the top and there are options there.
    03-12-12 09:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD