Where does the PlayBook store cache?

I uploaded a photo to twitter and the file browser of the PlayBook presented me a lot of thumbnails of images that are no longer on the device. I was even offered thumbs of videos that were downloaded and then deleted.

So where do I find these?
    12-26-12 06:35 AM
    Browser, settings, security scroll down
    12-26-12 07:47 AM
    Browser, settings, security scroll down
    Sorry taz, I know about the browser cache. I was not referring to the Web browser but the file browser built in to the PlayBook.
    12-26-12 08:06 AM
    Bumpin'

I'd love to know this, especially since i've started to use the playbook to edit the pictures taken with my q10
    02-16-14 10:44 AM
    The Playbook doesn't cache images, per say, but certain apps, particularly android apps, may. These images may be indexed by and show up in the native FileManager. So, if File Manager shows pics that you don't know what they are or where they're stored on the Playbook, there is only one way that I'm aware of to fairly easily find them. First, put File Manager into edit mode (pencil icon at the top), then scroll down to the offending/unrecognized pic. Now, tap the trashcan icon on the pic, and a dialogue will pop up asking if you want to delete the pic. DON'T delete it. Instead, note the name of the pic, or at least the first 6 or 7 digits of the name. Now, hit cancel. Now, you'll want to do a search on the pics name or partial name. A good app for doing this is Air Browser in app world. First, install Air, then tap the gear icon on the top right of air, then tap on the Refresh Index button. Now, tap the search icon next to the Gear icon, and type the name of the pic in the box and enter. You should get a hit after a few seconds, and you can now tap on the hit and then on Go, and you'll be taken to the folder where the pic resides.
    02-16-14 11:37 AM
    Thanks pacoman,

I did a bit of digging right after I bumped the thread.
    I was aware that it was indeed android apps caching these image thumbs, and to clear them up I downloaded ghost commander and hunted the files down.
    The biggest culprit was my sideloaded sugarsync app.
    I appreciate the follow up.
    02-16-14 11:42 AM
    In addition to pacoman's good advice, I've often used Windows Explorer to discover what's been loaded and may be residing on the PB's drive. That's how I found numerous images from sideloaded Android apps (the sideloaded Wall Street Journal app was a huge contributor). Assuming you can connect your PB to a Windows PC, it should show up as a drive (probably "z:"). You can then scan or do searches across any/all of the files, and if you so choose, delete them.
    02-17-14 08:38 AM