Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree15Likes
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    285 Global Posts

I will be perfectly honest. I got to wanting an Ipad again. Both my nieces got the 2 for Christmas; one came over a few days ago. I don't know what was wrong with it but it was horribly slow. Might have be the episodes of vampire diaries and duck dynasty, but I couldn't even record a short video to check out the quality. Then this evening I go shopping for other stuff, and look at them and get the same sticker shock I always get. Main reason I'm even looking, is I'm going against the and want the bigger format factor.

With that preface, with the current apps that are available and the current prices, the Playbook is a steal; and that's without even mentioning the capabilities and quality. I think just a 32g Ipad is like $599 plus tax, then I lose my bridge capabilities.
    If I'm posting from my laptop ...... it's only because the PlayBook's charging. TheBlackLabEdge.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

Plenty have been asking "when will the playbook die" from day one. It's still here.
    You don't have to be mad to come here, but it helps.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    325 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kdeckels View Post
    I will be perfectly honest. I got to wanting an Ipad again. Both my nieces got the 2 for Christmas; one came over a few days ago. I don't know what was wrong with it but it was horribly slow. Might have be the episodes of vampire diaries and duck dynasty, but I couldn't even record a short video to check out the quality. Then this evening I go shopping for other stuff, and look at them and get the same sticker shock I always get. Main reason I'm even looking, is I'm going against the and want the bigger format factor.

With that preface, with the current apps that are available and the current prices, the Playbook is a steal; and that's without even mentioning the capabilities and quality. I think just a 32g Ipad is like $599 plus tax, then I lose my bridge capabilities.

A few months ago I got a generic android 9.7 inch tablet and to be honest it's every bit as good as my fathers iPad 2
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtcrunch View Post
    Glad you asked.
    I'm asking you guys because I lack the knowledge of app support, which is kind of a deal breaker/maker for me. I'm not a die-hard app lover - otherwise I would have bought an Android tablet already - but it's important to me that there will be some app support (Facebook, e-readers etcetera) in the future. You all seemed to know more of that than I did, and now I'm informed well enough to make my decision ON MY OWN
    I'm glad you replied to that the way you did. Your initial question was perfectly fair and valid. Most people are sensible enough to appreciate that on a site like this you're going to get opinions largely favourable to the product, but equally most can see through an cheerleading posts and identify the honest ones. You received honest replies, and were better informed as a result.

Hope you end up delighted with your decision too - and of course most of us are here to help.
    Thanked by:
    Dirtcrunch (01-19-2013) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    325 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sleepngbear View Post
    It's all those diddly-squat little business- or purpose-specific apps that people are squawking about. My wife is about to throw a piece of furniture at me if she hears me cuss one more time at a TV commercial spouting an app 'for Apple or Android' (in response to which I usually start ranting, 'Apple or Android, Apple or Android, Apple or Android -- F*** YOU!'). Example, my bank, the 21st biggest in the country, has an app for Apple and Android, but not for BB; and their web site is just a little too busy to be practical browsing on the phone, so an app for BB really would be handy. And then a friend of mine has an iPhone app that let's him remotely turn his home theater lights on and off from wherever he is -- even across the country. I don't know anyone else who has it or wants it (but then I think half the crap he has, he has just to say he has it and you don't -- but that's another story). There's two things that make me just cringe in tv commercials: apps 'for your Apple or Android', and car commercials that tout MPGs (just say MILES PER GALLON, you lazy putz); I don't know why, they just frost my cookies. And that idi0t for eSurance.com and those moronic DirecTV ads make me want to smash something. And let's not forget that godforsaken 'TBS -- very funny' every 5 minutes. But I digest....

A lot of those hundreds of thousands of apps are those that not everybody wants; but there's a ton of them that, even though it's just a small percent of the population that want them, there are so friggin many Apple and Android devices out there that a small percentage is still a lot. We need BB10 to gain that kind of popularity, if for no other reason than I'll be less likely to blow a gasket if I hear 'download the app now for your Apple, Android or BB10 device'. Of course, I can still dream of the day that I might totally vapor-lock when I hear just 'for your BB10 device'. Hey, after Misek's stunt today, anything can happen.
    Perhaps buy a kitten and stroke it?

Gently
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12